Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288786 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4455 on: October 05, 2011, 05:13:16 am »

Well, I could do the bookkeeping for the XP (Not like I have much to do...), and we could use the wiki to keep a track of things. And that's assuming the starting regiments are at rank 1. And for the commander bonuses: I'm okay with them, but it still doesn't make mercenaries useful, as they'll end up to expensive to hire without much benefit either.

As for the starting bonuses, I was thinking of something along those lines, such as one regiment and two ducats worth of upgrades or troops to go along with it for mercenaries.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: October 05, 2011, 08:31:40 am »

Quote from: Micelus
((Also, I believe the inn technically belongs to me, but Nuke and Ashton probably do have an interests in it due so I dunno.))

Yar I was going to form a spy business fronted by a mechanics workshop, and you were going to form a spy network fronted by a hacturi embassy. As the businesses were so similar I decided to team up with you rather than separate and also because IC we're part of the same expedition, as your its leader owning the business as a whole would make sense. With money distribution I think I'd earn all the profit from my segment of the business (size 1) and you'd earn the rest, I guess it'd be up to you to pay Hugo as he's your investor and for me to pay the bank as he's my investor. Then we help each other out and pool together resources for joint actions and when we expand we'll work out who profits from the new bit though it'll probably be you. Hmm... so at the moment I'm earning 0.6d from it per season after tax and I owe the bank 3d due in 3 seasons time. Also Dwarmin sorry, about forgetting about you, will RP David in next post  :D.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: October 05, 2011, 08:52:43 am »

i support Terenos idea and additionally still my offer stands that i could GM battles if you feel too overhelmed with it Cyber.

Concerning these Commander upgrades, i suggest every player chooses his own with no actual rule limitations, as long as they are not overpowering but i guess other players will sort that out pretty fast. But on another note i also suggest that Commanders (Mercs and non-Mercs) may gain additional Traits for example:

Player Corvinus McRiar starts out with the "Weylandish Blood"-perk which prevents his troops from surrendering,fleeing,being captured. Now he fights two or three defensive battles and gains the Trait: Defender (which gets him a +1 on other Defensive Battles)

i think we should keep that not set in stone but rather if somebody shows a certain way of fighting (in my Case i am a great friend of Ambushers and Raiders) he should gain Traits based on that pretty much similiar to Rome/Medieval/Shogun Total war.

However i still think that Mercenary Characters (in contrary to Nobles) should start out with one personally chosen Trait that way giving them some chance to be hired instead of using only Nobles...this would balance the whole bit out as Traders already start with gold and/or ships and/or Guild Connections, Nobles start out with a Regiment and land and Mercenaries only start out with a Regiment, which basically makes them Nobles wihtout any income source in the beginning...

By the Way could somebody roll for me :3

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: October 05, 2011, 09:25:24 am »

Damn! I forgot to mention anything about the map to Hugo in IC a few hours ago...Meh blame it to Retcyl's incompetence or forgetfulness, or whatever.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:25 am »

Regarding merenaries, experience and traits I think we should move this discussion to the:

Voting Thread

Also, Terenos, are you rejoining?

Damn! I forgot to mention anything about the map to Hugo in IC a few hours ago...Meh blame it to Retcyl's incompetence or forgetfulness, or whatever.
Ah never mind, lets just say I only gave you a copy which vanished and I still have the original.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:55 am »

I locked that, should I re-open it?

Oh and i'll vote for whatever wins, mainly becuase I don't see the need for a experince system but the bonuses sound cool.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: October 05, 2011, 11:14:43 am »

I locked that, should I re-open it?

Oh and i'll vote for whatever wins, mainly becuase I don't see the need for a experince system but the bonuses sound cool.
Might be an idea, just there's quite a few ideas floating about and different opinions so if we just bring it to vote that should clear things up, I guess each "opponent?" should post their rule-sets in the thread and then everyone votes for the one they want in.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: October 05, 2011, 11:15:15 am »

Agh, of course. Commander experience systems work way better than unit experience in this setup.

Ghazkull is right, folks can come up with their own ideas for traits, so long as they aren't too crazy. Mercenaries could start with a trait, and other traits could be gained after a battle, if the GM and dice are in your favour.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: October 05, 2011, 11:39:59 am »

I support your Idea, Nuke. And due to someone asking for it, the voting thread has been necro'd.

DH, post so we can finish up the spring.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: October 05, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »

I'm kinda tied up with exams right now, but I'll see what I can do. Do you really need me for anything? You can just assume Etiac comes to visit William's camp without my post. Unless you're planning on waiting for me to come outside so you can put a blade through my stomach...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: October 05, 2011, 12:13:30 pm »

You can stay at the inn if you want, I just wanted to see if you came with or not. You could probably just tell me what Etiac did on here.
Good luck with the exams.
Okay, so Etiac went with William?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:18:01 pm by filiusenox »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: October 05, 2011, 12:18:58 pm »

He probably comes by later, in a few days/weeks (unless William insists on five weeks, no more, no less. That'll do too).
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: October 05, 2011, 12:50:56 pm »

You know I have a feeling that voting thread has the potential to be the most (with good purpose) necroed thread on this entire forum XD
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: October 05, 2011, 01:46:35 pm »

Generals, Upgrades and Research(we do need it, the system is already in, it needs content)
Thats where my vote stands
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:07 pm »

Generals, Upgrades and Research(we do need it, the system is already in, it needs content)
Thats where my vote stands
I'm all up for generals and upgrades, or the EXP, or however it eventually gets done but any kind of system for research where you only have a handful of options for what your doing sounds like a completely and utterly shit idea. It'd take ALL the fun and creativity out of research, instead research should be looked at case-by-case, it's rare enough that this shouldn't be a problem for GM's and something just like a progress tracker for whatever someone decides to research is all that's needed. Also CG have you wiki'd all the trade modifications you've made? I read them all and now understand it a bit better than my random guesses but
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 634