Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289088 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3870 on: September 29, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »

They would still have to wait a few seasons before launching in order to get a good many soldiers and enough supplies to last the trip considering things, plus they have to build a fleet. The raiders like raiding, it stands to reason, so a few ships might mutiny considering the boring wait.Leaving two  maybe three ships around, considering each one may hold a regiment's worth, that's only three regiments, which we equal+a ship+walls+whatever we muster.
Plus would you really let a fleet of barbarians rest in your harbor? I mean really? Would you let a plunder-happy band of men into your town willingly? Its like invinting rabid wolves into your house so you can kill the neighbor.
Paying them as mercs is alright and all but would you serve with them, they would destroy the infrastructure of the town your trying to conquer.
The Jarldom has no docks,whereas we do, so they will have to pay more money to get some built or upgraded. Plus a large force of transport vessels are easy prey for pirates,which considering there is a one out six chance of meeting, you would be tempting fate.
Plus the Jarldom's nautral soliders are raider units, whcih are slightly weaker then regular infantry.

If the Jarldom attacks this city, the occupants will have enough time to fortify the walls, muster a few militias and hire some mercs before it arrives, and then, like I said if I get what I want, their fleet will arrive crippled and weakened. They are in checkmate. They can't do nothing to us, we can't do nothing to them.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:50:56 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: September 29, 2011, 02:52:30 pm »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkpoKHIRNyA3dHhCQTAzLVpRV3NjeXRYSThORkFPemc&hl=en_US#gid=0

New goods list using my system
Major changes:
Merchants require more capital up front, lessening the speed of gains
Increments are smaller, lessening the speed of gains
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: September 29, 2011, 03:00:29 pm »

They had no fleet or port 100 years ago, times change and with the establishment of the jarldom that's the kind of thing that they'd presumably develop. Also why would raiders who like raiding mutiny because there weren't enough raids whilst on the way to a raid? This kind of thing wouldn't happen that often unless constantly on campaign. It was already mentioned that the Weyland's primary exports are slaves and mercenaries so there clearly used to working abroad and vice versa, the storm coast is used to them and what kind of pirate is going to raid a fleet warships and steal weapons or manpower from soldiers who would quickly cut them up as soon as they boarded? And just as much as Lonemine controls iron the Weyland controls mercs, other sources are available but put yourself at a disadvantage. Hey we could win afterall but what advantage would we gain from enticing a violent response where it is entirely possible to lose or gain a valuable ally?

Edit: Then again which GM could roll for it? You might be right

EDIT2: It won't let me look at that google docs thing without permission from you btw CG
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:09:42 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: September 29, 2011, 03:08:10 pm »

Hey, lets not argue about the naval infrastructure of some far flung country just yet, right. If the Weylands decide to invade, we shall see how that goes down when it happens- no point in making predictions about it.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: September 29, 2011, 03:13:39 pm »

What I really want to know is what troops I currently have on hand as well as how much funds are in the treasury.

@Cyber: About the state bank: Sounds fair, chuck in the NPC guild.

Something important that should be decided by someone (Taricus?); what is the primary religion of Ligoria (probably Taloisism), is it also the state religion, and what sort of tolerance towards smaller religions/sects/cults/whatever is there, and how prevalent are these (if any)?
I'm going to assume the same as the rest of the storm coast, however I am going to try to impliment some of the ottoman's policies into action, with a few extras.

Taloisism is not state religion however, as there is no state religion.

And about the Weylanders: Today, is probably not a good day to deman anything, especially since william just entered the throne room proper while she was having an audience with Kathos, he also did so with armed guards. THEN add in the weylanders demanding a meeting, and SOMEONE is going to get horribly maimed  ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: September 29, 2011, 03:17:04 pm »

Just to clarify before I go and ask for money, I do need 3 ducats to establish a mechanics workshop, right? If I don't then the meeting with the queen will probably just be to get permission to create one and register to pay taxes.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: September 29, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »

Something important that should be decided by someone (Taricus?); what is the primary religion of Ligoria (probably Taloisism), is it also the state religion, and what sort of tolerance towards smaller religions/sects/cults/whatever is there, and how prevalent are these (if any)?
I'm going to assume the same as the rest of the storm coast, however I am going to try to impliment some of the ottoman's policies into action, with a few extras.

Taloisism is not state religion however, as there is no state religion.
Right, so, primarily Taloisism, other religions are tolerated.
Do you not want to roll for the two religious nuts who are looking for converts, or did you just miss them?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: September 29, 2011, 03:25:06 pm »

Well, I do think that I might be biased about them, so if you wanted to roll for them, go ahead.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: September 29, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »

Well, I do think that I might be biased about them, so if you wanted to roll for them, go ahead.
Fair enough. Impartiality powers, activate!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: September 29, 2011, 03:39:50 pm »

Filius i wouldn't take the mouth too full...don't forget that the Weylands had their own mines...and Raider units are in no way weaker than standard infantry...plus the fact that you might not even know that they are coming( did you forget? RAIDERS)

and Lone mien is no point you don't control it and neither do i control the Weylands...and even if, why would Elbereth a) suddenly care for some CIty State on the Storm Coast and b) put off a valuable trading partner and ally...propably the only one left for them after putting off Vasir,the SCTG States, Brighthall and Suul...but i dont want to argue here with you  ;)

Due to the recent Rise of the Weylands and my characters rumoured bloodline i decided to give him an arrogant touch...at least in the beginning...and by the way my tactics never just included "charge and kill"-tactics i feel a bit offended by that... and even if they did, they were most succesful or how could i gained a whole kingdom out of nothing  :P sorry i couldn't resist the urge ;)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: September 29, 2011, 03:42:31 pm »

Jeez, its really hard to keep up with you guys, you just took the game and ran with it. I had a really long day so i'm just gonna try to catch up on the stuff thats happened.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: September 29, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »

You told me to go in Taricus and technically Kathos had allready left becuase you dismissed him?

Lonemine is no longer under the control of Elberth, it seceded from the ruins of mad king's Erik reign. And why would they Weylands care about some city in the storm coast?

I thought Weyland mined tin?

And I also thought that raiders were worse thin infantry in a head on battle.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:47:48 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: September 29, 2011, 03:48:19 pm »

Well, I think I can give a summary (Don't expect character names to be used.)

The Hatcuri moved into a half wreaked inn, cleaning a bit up until the architect demolished it, while everyone was still in it. No-one got hurt though.
Kathos got Two parcels of land after having an audience with the queen
Dwarmin's character moved into some of the guest quarters, (Somehow snagging the one with a WINDOW)
Max's mercenaries are currently employed as caravan guards.

And that's about it. And Talama seems racist against Hatcuri...

@Edit: Fair point, I'm still writing the update, and I didn't include that in Laythe getting fairly pissed for a few moments.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: September 29, 2011, 03:50:04 pm »

Well theres no reason for Weylands to OCCUPY the town but to PLUNDER it...and no Raiders were actually standard infantry with the ability to slip into enemy lands burn and pillage the hell out of it and being gone before anyone could do something...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: September 29, 2011, 03:53:27 pm »

Okay, Taricus, time to get interested.
I'm relying on you to balance out Firelordsky's major windfall. Or decide to randomly give him even more money just for shits and giggles. Or get converted. Or something.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 634