Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289435 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3525 on: September 26, 2011, 07:57:41 pm »

Anyway, I'm just going to post my character sheet here.

Name: Retycl Jementeten
 Bio: Retycl was born in the city of Ratusitetas. It was the "capital" of the Empire and the seat of the Emperor. Retcyl's family were administrators by trade and often worked in the counting houses, markets, and palaces of the the city, sometimes even beyond it. They would often bring Retycl and his brothers and sisters with them to learn the family trade. And so Retcyl eventually learned the trade, going around the city and serving nobles, merchants and whoever he could find. For 30 years he did this, and in that time  2 of his siblings succumbed to the Pink-Scale sickness and his mother died from grief. After that Retycl found a more permanent job administrating in one of the Emperor's estates out in the countryside. Through determination and saying the right things, he eventually became head-administrator there in less than 12 years. For another 12 years he served. At 94, Retycl had a pretty good life, and a good standing...And it would increase a bit more yet. In 13 years time, Retycl was invited to the Emperor's Palace to attend a welcoming back of the scholar-priest Locanil who had just returned from exploring the human lands. He told them of machinery, wars, cultures, intrigue, and other things. He brought back a wealth of information as well...Even a sample of this material called the black powder which he said could destroy whole citadels. As with all explorers, he was entertained and rewarded by the Emperor himself. Nearly no one else that day paid too much attention to the things found in the human lands. Yes, it was interesting, but why care about it when better things were found at home? Well Retycl thought differently. He became interested in these "humans" and their ways of life. He wanted to visit them and learn, but he knew he had a duty to the Emperor. For 20 years he continued his administration, and in that time continued his friendship with the the scholar-priest. Eventually, his curiousity grew too great. He looked through all of Locanil's research and anything he could find on the lands beyond Hatcur and finally requested an audience with the Emperor. That in itself took 2 years to get. He asked the Emperor for permission to leave his service and take an expedition to these human lands and serve the Empire as a whole by establishing a hatcuri influence in the Storm Coast. While the Emperor disagreed with the idea, he agreed as a growing faction of likeminded youths had started to form. The expedition took 4 years to plan, but finally it set sail. Two ships set sail to the Storm Coast, and looked for the expansion of the Empire.

Really stepping out of your comfort zone with that character.

Why? Because I'm stepping into politics or something?

You're always a Hatcuri.
He invented the race, and this is only his second character.

OH HOW WRONG YOU ARE!

Forgot what the game was called, but he played a hatcuri in that was well.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: September 26, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »

Hey, he could have played the same guy! :P
Anyway, if we go renaissance I'll use the character idea I already posted, if we go medieval I'm playing a mercenary, since that's what I wanted to do in the first game. Or maybe I'll play some descendent of Trubaldsome...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: September 26, 2011, 07:59:32 pm »

Anyway, if we go renaissance I'll use the character idea I already posted, if we go medieval I'm playing a mercenary, since that's what I wanted to do in the first game. Or maybe I'll play some descendent of Trubaldsome...
You, be king Dedric :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:36 pm »

Anyway, I'm just going to post my character sheet here.

Name: Retycl Jementeten
 Bio: Retycl was born in the city of Ratusitetas. It was the "capital" of the Empire and the seat of the Emperor. Retcyl's family were administrators by trade and often worked in the counting houses, markets, and palaces of the the city, sometimes even beyond it. They would often bring Retycl and his brothers and sisters with them to learn the family trade. And so Retcyl eventually learned the trade, going around the city and serving nobles, merchants and whoever he could find. For 30 years he did this, and in that time  2 of his siblings succumbed to the Pink-Scale sickness and his mother died from grief. After that Retycl found a more permanent job administrating in one of the Emperor's estates out in the countryside. Through determination and saying the right things, he eventually became head-administrator there in less than 12 years. For another 12 years he served. At 94, Retycl had a pretty good life, and a good standing...And it would increase a bit more yet. In 13 years time, Retycl was invited to the Emperor's Palace to attend a welcoming back of the scholar-priest Locanil who had just returned from exploring the human lands. He told them of machinery, wars, cultures, intrigue, and other things. He brought back a wealth of information as well...Even a sample of this material called the black powder which he said could destroy whole citadels. As with all explorers, he was entertained and rewarded by the Emperor himself. Nearly no one else that day paid too much attention to the things found in the human lands. Yes, it was interesting, but why care about it when better things were found at home? Well Retycl thought differently. He became interested in these "humans" and their ways of life. He wanted to visit them and learn, but he knew he had a duty to the Emperor. For 20 years he continued his administration, and in that time continued his friendship with the the scholar-priest. Eventually, his curiousity grew too great. He looked through all of Locanil's research and anything he could find on the lands beyond Hatcur and finally requested an audience with the Emperor. That in itself took 2 years to get. He asked the Emperor for permission to leave his service and take an expedition to these human lands and serve the Empire as a whole by establishing a hatcuri influence in the Storm Coast. While the Emperor disagreed with the idea, he agreed as a growing faction of likeminded youths had started to form. The expedition took 4 years to plan, but finally it set sail. Two ships set sail to the Storm Coast, and looked for the expansion of the Empire.

You're always a Hatcuri.

OH HOW WRONG YOU ARE!

Yeah :D

But that game died real quick. And I was kinda lazy on making a character for that one.

And yeah, I could play as Locanil again. Being a new hatcuri character is better than being the same guy again, right?

EDIT: Actually I DO play as a lizardman way too much but I could as easily say that people play humans much more.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:09:01 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: September 26, 2011, 08:00:55 pm »

I suggested renaissance for the pure fact that I wanted MORE Trubaldsome like characters.  If you play one I will gladly be your "Waery"  Maybe.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: September 26, 2011, 08:08:16 pm »

You're always a Hatcuri.

OH HOW WRONG YOU ARE!

Yeah :D

But that game died real quick. And I was kinda lazy on making a character for that one.

And yeah, I could play as Locanil again. Being a new hatcuri character is better than being the same guy again, right?

EDIT: Actually I DO play as a lizardman way too much I could as easily say that people lay humans much more.

Mahtan was suppose to be half elf (or half fey) but since elves don't exist in this world *shrug*

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: September 26, 2011, 08:12:00 pm »

Humans ARE the common folk though :P

Anyway, one queen coming up!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: September 26, 2011, 08:16:32 pm »

Humans ARE the common folk though :P

Anyway, one queen coming up!

I hope you mean man of homosexual persuasion and not some super powerful monarch.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:37 pm »

Second one >=D

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:57 pm »

Name:Max Yeskly
Job:Mercenary leader
Bio:A noblemans son, who hated the prim and proper life, left. He took his money and some loyal guards and left. He found his way to a major town and began get offers to be a bodyguard. He accepted. now he is renown as a mercenary thought the area.His group has grown to a full regiment of men.
Posseions:Sword, horse, chainmail hauberk, pistol (if renisance), crossbow (if high medival)

Will take characters as troops for my mercenary group  :)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: September 26, 2011, 08:19:50 pm »

One flamboyantly homosexual man coming up...
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

Name:Max Yeskly
Job:Mercenary leader
Bio:A noblemans son, who hated the prim and proper life, left. He took his money and some loyal guards and left. He found his way to a major town and began get offers to be a bodyguard. He accepted. now he is renown as a mercenary thought the area.His group has grown to a full regiment of men.
Posseions:Sword, horse, chainmail hauberk, pistol (if renisance), crossbow (if high medival)

Will take characters as troops for my mercenary group  :)

Willing to work for a hatcuri? Also I doubt the pistol will be very useful if we go renaissance.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:25:12 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: September 26, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: September 26, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »

Name: Kathos Thunderblade
Description: A tall man with brown hair, a short beard and a powerful voice.
Bio: Kathos Thunderblade is a [Insert noble title here, something like a count] of [Insert country name here]. His grandfather, Jarod Thunderblade, arrived in the country eighty years ago and served the current ruler for six years, until he gained a title. Jarod ruled over some lands for a long time, until a rival noble challenged him in a duel. At that time, he was 67 years old, but the old man was too proud to hire a champion. He did win the fight, but he died in the hours following his victory.
His son, Bael Thunderblade, expended the lands of the family and eventually started to make plans about creating a city in their lands. However, he was killed at the age of 52 during a skirmish against outlaws, before he was ready to start his project.
Kathos himself his still young, but his father made sure that he learned to be an honorable man and a loyal friend. He is a dangerous swordsman and a charismatic leader, but he is not a good politician.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: September 26, 2011, 08:25:23 pm »

Hate to break yer dreams boys, but...

Spoiler: Laythe Ralia (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 634