Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289497 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3420 on: September 25, 2011, 11:09:52 pm »

I honestly dont want this to end, but as iituem proved - you can't run this alone. I'd volunteer to at least try but this involves 2 difficulties:

1 of 2: Terenos is basically running the entire Evil Genius game that we started together because i had to basically cut out due to time issues (you think YAK turns take a long time to roll? Upwards of 4-5 people's worth of YAK information PER player for us some days) So it'd be hypocritical of me to start something new

2 of 2: To maintain continuity i'd need iituem's notes of his plans and such.

3 of 2: Yeah, you cant do it alone - and i'd love to force terenos to assist but he's a more canon player at current than I am. My char could disappear and not cause any real issues.

All that being said - If whoever does start a new one and wants someone to basically run a role as the 'erik of the SCTG' i'd volunteer for that. Adds both an NPC faction to the marketplace (removing income from merchant players) as well as a dedicated person to babysit the traders
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: September 25, 2011, 11:14:41 pm »

I think the only real problem the GM will have is the economy system. Iituem is willing to work on that system but we need someone to maintain it. I'll PM Iituem for his notes. Also I could help with GM'ing.

EDIT: PM'd. Just gotta wait.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:17:41 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: September 26, 2011, 01:05:51 am »

As a sample of what I'd write, epilogue style.

"Terenos d'Avistral long served King Erik, and was eventually rewarded for his service with the rulership of a few parcels of land, in northern Elbreth. Terenos administered his lands well and justly, and remained loyal to King Erik even through his descent into madness. While stepping cautiously around the King, the entire border fort occupied by Terenos was burned down, and no trace was ever found of Lord d'Avistral. The local peasants were questioned, and said a band of riders had been asking questions about their Lord. The riders then approached the fort but neither they, nor Lord d'Avistral were ever seen again.

King Erik the Mad sought out Terenos d'Avistral, promising to bring him to justice for alleged crimes against the Crown. Many ducats were spent on the search to bring the "Rogue Lord" To justice. This weakened Elbreth's economic position over the years, and bore no fruit.

The legend of the Black Shadow continued strong, with several notable murders occuring and being attributed to him/her. The most notable was when Ferenon d'Avistral, Council Leader of Rucesion, was cut down in his study. Two regiments worth of heavily trained and armored guards, were apparently powerless to stop the assassination.

Many historians believe that the Black Shadow was in fact several assassin's operating around the same time period and working together. Terenos d'Avistral is well rumored to have been one of those who claimed the title over the years. Of course after the fire at Fort Sheepguard, Terenos was never 'officially' seen again.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: September 26, 2011, 03:04:34 am »

Guys, what Iituem said about trade routes is something that boils the trade managment down to a level of land ownership, and that's a good thing. the only thing needed are the potential revenues per route and the rolls to determine your success each season on that route. More risky than land, but (marginally) more cash.

As for Hans, if the kingdom is to collapse, I want him to move back to Storm Coast( Vasir most likely) and have a family there. Nothing fancy, just a quiet ending. If anyone feels like having a grand continuity though, they can use Hans as a starter of one of the merchant dynasties and play around with that. I won't object because I won't play a merchant this time round, unless I get offed. My second character might me a descendant of Hans.

A hundred years into the future, is safe to assume that we have things like cannons, muskets, galleons and such? I am happy to leave the details and the world building to you guys, although I would love to request a  small thing: some overseas exploration. I think that having an expedition into the hatcuri lands and all that that implies would be fun. But not to make it a focus of the game of course; I think I and CG created enough problems last time when we hijacked the game and turned into merchant simulator.

BTW micelus, the hatcuri character you played as, is he long-lived? I mean would he be able to live for a 100 years? It would be fun to have a cameo like that.

E: I also think we could cotinue using the same wiki, since its all part of the same series. Just create a new sub-section for the new stuff and keep the land and manpower rules the same. The only thing needing change is trade, and creation of some rules for the gunpowder combat. Having each other simply shot is not fun to roleplay, so it would be nice to work out SIMPLE mechanics for that.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:16:14 am by Ardas »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 26, 2011, 03:06:08 am »

By hatcuri standards, he would still be quite young. And I do have plans for him to act as a reason for my new character's reason to be in the Storm Coast.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: September 26, 2011, 09:23:58 am »

Hmm... We've got a decent amount of the things we need in place then except for the GM's, how about for the lead GM rather than placing a huge bundle of work on them make their primary role to maintain the OP putting in rules which are decided and resolving disputes which wouldn't be to hard. Then see if we can go for about 2/3 players being sub-GM's who can cover a story arc or part of it, that'd spread the workload much more and not place to much responsibility on anybody.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: September 26, 2011, 09:24:53 am »

What I want to know is why we can't continue this one?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: September 26, 2011, 09:25:53 am »

A goodbye and thanks for running this game also from me Iituem!

Well, concerning the Gm-question...i would be willing to jump in as Gm but there are several problems with it. I am horrible with Game Mechanics and honestly i doubt that i could gm it alone. I think the idea with somebody taking care of Game Mechanics and (in my opinion) several people taking care of story and battle gming  is actually great and as big as this has gotten propably the only sane way to keep this thing going.

I will be honest, i have the tendency to start such games and let them drop after a few days or weeks and i doubt that i can Gm this thing in the same quality like Iituem can but if you want to bear with me i would be willing to do this...

Concerning the timeline:

the 100 years time advance seems fine with me (although i did like to play on as the Manskinner   :'( ) however technologically i think we would be doing easier(mainly due to the massive changes gunpowder weaponry would have on the Battle Mechanics) if we restrict the technological advance to crossbows and gunpowder siege weaponry or we do the full plunge and advance the Technology to 18th and 19th Century Volley-Fire Muskets and Bayonet Charges, as the stuck in the middle "lets have handgunners and barbarians with battle-axes" take on seems to me as ,like a german saying goes, neither fish nor flesh.

EDIT: however i would be also fine (read: i would greatly prefer it) if we could continue this

« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 09:27:24 am by Ghazkull »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: September 26, 2011, 10:45:37 am »

I want to continue this-un as well...
I would help with the rolls and such if it's on this one...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: September 26, 2011, 11:20:42 am »

What I want to know is why we can't continue this one?
Our current storylines? Well a new thread is going to be have to be created anyway, they'll be some rule changes and such for trade and a fair bit of stuff is going to move around such as the way we run the game GM wise, such large changes are going to muddle the game further and some people will leave the game inevitably, by having a blank slate it'll make breaking in new players much easier and we can get everything straight right from luanch.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: September 26, 2011, 11:26:39 am »

At the very least, we should finish up the month here.

And I would go as far to say to create a new world for the next thread, in order to prevent any continuity disagreements.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: September 26, 2011, 11:34:04 am »

Maybe we could create a voting thread? Because most of us seem to be split on the decisions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:02 am »

I'm not overly adamant either way on the timeline part, but I think we should definitely re-use this world, after all the work that's been put into it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: September 26, 2011, 12:17:40 pm »

At the very least, we should finish up the month here.

And I would go as far to say to create a new world for the next thread, in order to prevent any continuity disagreements.
You mean make a You Are King! Game outside of the You Are King! World  ??? the amount of effort that has gone into world design here is pretty impressive, throwing that all away would be such a waste and as for continuity and finishing the month that's why we're doing our epilogues and on that subject here's mine, even put as a shitty 'lil poem.

"Gather 'round, gather round!" Called the bard "Hear the story which we relive here today:

Meng, our hero, saw a lord once,
he was sent as a lousy diplomat
though thought himself a dunce,
at one point he named himself a twat

Surrounded by the land's dire plight
he decided on a rather starry night
despite his unfortunate lack of sight
to help the suffering and then take flight

He sailed a slight bit south of Suul
where grey clouds made it rather dull,
in fact everything looked rather the same
but he had a plan, to host a game

Then soon people traveled from all around
to see the glorious fighting run abound.
But then one day he strangely disappeared
into the wilderness, from where he was never heard.

From that point on every five years we host these games and that boys and girls is why you are here today!"

Edit:
Maybe we could create a voting thread? Because most of us seem to be split on the decisions.
I second this, would it also be an idea to have development discussion there and end-game stuff here like the epilogues? If so who will host the development thread? I wouldn't mind doing it myself though I don't want to go ahead and do it if somebody else is prepared to and/or I'm not suitable for doing it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:30:57 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: September 26, 2011, 12:32:39 pm »

I was going to mod the voting thread. I'm usaully on.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 634