Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289600 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3315 on: September 25, 2011, 12:51:16 pm »

Quote from: Ardas
E: Wth regards to the world creation( and further expansion) and the such, how should we handle it? Is the head GM going to control this aspect or are we going to have it done through collaboration and checking of each other's work?
Well part of where we went wrong the first time was having to much of the game ride on one person, I'd be thinking the way we did it the core GM's would be essentially the same as the lead GM except they have final say if there's arguing and is also responsible for updating the original post

If we did do another one I'd prefer it to be like The Guild 2, with families fighting for power over a couple of city states instead of crazy sociopath nobleman.
You mean you'd want to move to another area of the You Are King! universe and start again with a blank slate in terms of story? If that's what you mean I'll just probably slide in with the majority on that one.
Yeah playing on the stormcoast (or sword coast I forget which) like 100 years in the future.  Simple muskets and cannons, renaissance era.
Thinking about it a bit more I'm definitely up for changing the game's location and starting a new story as we'll inevitably have new players coming and going and parts of the game were going stale with age, although I think it should be more similar to our starting scenario than what you propose just so it feels like a sequel rather than a new game and also the world-building may take a while so how about we advance just 10 years... and yup around the republic of Acre/Vasir area sounds good to me. They're part of the storm coast but we've got a decent amount of documentation on them because of there proximity to Elbreth.

EDIT: If some people wanted to keep there original characters it'd also be more feasible this way.

I specifically wanted the history of Elbreth's future to be muddled and unclear, hence 100 and not 10.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: September 25, 2011, 12:58:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I specifically wanted the history of Elbreth's future to be muddled and unclear, hence 100 and not 10.
Well if we do only do 5-10 years we can easily just say something simple like Elbreth tried to subjugate Miring again and had it's resources once again diminished causing them to enter a stalemate followed by ceasefire, the Weylands are now united under the manskinner's son (think he was the guy who inherited it, can't remember) and Elbreth managed to kill of the Zimtar though choose not to establish a new settlement there, all of it's towns have grown slightly and the construction of the two towers is now completed. That would then be all the loose ends tied up and done.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: September 25, 2011, 01:02:23 pm »

Well if we do only do 5-10 years we can easily just say something simple like Elbreth tried to subjugate Miring again and had it's resources once again diminished causing them to enter a stalemate followed by ceasefire, the Weylands are now united under the manskinner's son (think he was the guy who inherited it, can't remember) and Elbreth managed to kill of the Zimtar though choose not to establish a new settlement there, all of it's towns have grown slightly and the construction of the two towers is now completed. That would then be all the loose ends tied up and done.

Except for the whole gunpowder thing.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: September 25, 2011, 01:04:27 pm »

I'm just going to go with Ardas and say CONTINUE THIS!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: September 25, 2011, 01:09:44 pm »

Ah, forgot about that, OK well your guy was working on making it more reliable and stable for use in mines, so lets say he's done recently and it's beginning to spread in usage with a few select military types using it as an explosive and eccentric noblemen for whatever they please though it's yet to sweep the world, that's feasible enough, I was going to say I forgot Kain's human-dog hybrid project but he never started it. My point being tying this stuff up won't be to hard.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: September 25, 2011, 01:11:02 pm »

Ah, forgot about that, OK well your guy was working on making it more reliable and stable for use in mines, so lets say he's done recently and it's beginning to spread in usage with a few select military types using it as an explosive and eccentric noblemen for whatever they please though it's yet to sweep the world, that's feasible enough, I was going to say I forgot Kain's human-dog hybrid project but he never started it. My point being tying this stuff up won't be to hard.

I'm pretty sure the human dog thing was a joke.  Or at least I hope it was.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: September 25, 2011, 02:04:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure the human dog thing was a joke.  Or at least I hope it was.
Human-dog-things are never a joke.

Iituem: Good luck with your classes and your plays and stuff man. I know you really enjoyed running and working on this game, so it sucks to see that you had to drop it. If you ever intend to run something like this again, shoot me a message. I'd be happy to come back, not as a player but as an impartial Co-GM so as to help withe workload and stuff...assuming I'm not too stretched out over other things.

That being said, I'm not going to have enough free time to help with the new game you guys are planning. I might jump in later, once it gets going, but we'll have to see.

I've actually been conceptualizing a game of my own whilst zoning out in math for the past few weeks, and I might be throwing out here soon. We'll see.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: September 25, 2011, 02:22:01 pm »

I've actually been conceptualizing a game of my own whilst zoning out in math for the past few weeks, and I might be throwing out here soon. We'll see.
Your productivity during periods of boredom is fairly impressive, I think when I did physics I slept through half of it, once I woke up in the middle of the next class as nobody decided to wake me up including the teacher  :'( .
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: September 25, 2011, 03:16:46 pm »

Your productivity during periods of boredom is fairly impressive, I think when I did physics I slept through half of it, once I woke up in the middle of the next class as nobody decided to wake me up including the teacher  :'( .

You mean you don't make up games when bored?  Weird.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: September 25, 2011, 03:43:55 pm »

You mean you don't make up games when bored?  Weird.
Well I sleep when I'm bored and dream ideas, so a piece of art to do, a chemical process, a game, whatever, just the whole napping thing doesn't work for dreams  :( I'm hoping to do a role-playing game soon to, except I'll be running about a dozen at once for each character and they'll collide with each other and stuff, I'll be in a universe in which post-apocalyptic robots struggle for survival.

So are we agreed on the 10 years later thing near Vasir+Groaning?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: September 25, 2011, 03:45:13 pm »

Fine for me, but I'd like to hear every one's opinion before another game is made.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: September 25, 2011, 03:46:39 pm »

Fine for me, but I'd like to hear every one's opinion before another game is made.
Yar, of course we need to wait for everybody else, but somebody had to ask the question.

E: Just to kind of have a direction to start moving in rather than milling around.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:50:52 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: September 25, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

So are we agreed on the 10 years later thing near Vasir+Groaning?

Seeing as it's just me and you talking about another game, and I'm flat out against only ten years? No of course not.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: September 25, 2011, 03:55:43 pm »

I'm happy to play, as always. Don't care how long the time-skip will be. I don't even care about the technology levels. Actually, the hundred year thing would affect the game fili and I (somewhat) are making since it's around two hundred years after You are King.

EDIT: I'm in favour of the 100 year timeskip.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:57:59 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: September 25, 2011, 03:58:03 pm »

I'm happy to play, although I'm not really fond of the time skip and place change, unless we are not able to do things in Elbreth anymore, due to our king's absence/inactivity.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 634