Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289598 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3300 on: September 23, 2011, 08:35:08 am »

Guys, how would you call a Cyclicist crusade? I was just reading up on medieval merchants and the entire Orient relationship and I ened up reading about the guys with crosses on their shields.

are there any militant religions or is it "everyones to his own"?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: September 23, 2011, 08:38:12 am »

Well, I know that Black's order of Cyclism is quite aggresive, So I think he would be the one to call it. Either that, the official head of the Cyclists or Erik...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: September 23, 2011, 08:39:01 am »

I thought the Suulian Orthodoxy were the most like that, but then I haven't really been paying attention to 'em. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: September 23, 2011, 08:49:24 am »

Ashton: I mean if you wanna sail somewhere where there's nothing, there's not much to roll either i guess. There's no stats on vacant areas until something is established there
Oh, does that mean we're automatically assuming I get there safely? My action was merely to get there for now rather than doing anything. That was all I wanted rolling whether I got there in one piece with a ship and a crew, I was going to do other actions when I'm there.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: September 23, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

Keep in mind folks, Suulian Orthodoxy -is- engaging in a Crusade-like mission along the Storm Coast, fighting and converting populations.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: September 25, 2011, 09:09:09 am »

Bad, but inevitable news from me.  I have to pull out.  =/

This time it isn't burn out, it isn't a loss of interest - it's simply a lack of time.  It doesn't help that the past week and next week have been mostly 8 and a half hours of intense physical training for our stage combat exams, but also they've been mentally draining in preparation for performances.  I have been left mentally and physically worn out at the end of the day and usually the first thing I do when I get back is fall asleep.  Needless to say, this is not a fertile ground for creative endeavours such as responding to posts.

Thus I am pulling out of the game.  This has been a great adventure for us all, and I know most of you won't want to see it end.  If anybody wants to take over Prime GM position, I encourage them to create a new thread and continue the continuity established in this one (i.e. create a new thread so they have editing privileges over the OPs - you will need them), but I simply lack the time and energy to do this in addition to job work and school work.

Once again, my apologies for letting yet another forum game drop under my helmsmanship, but I have no doubt that with such a vibrant and enthusiastic community (especially one that isn't undergoing an intensive drama school course) it will rise again.

- Iituem

Edit:  I log on to check messages once every couple of days, though, so if you have any questions pertaining to continuing the game, PM me.  I release rights to use and improve upon the game mechanics to whomever continues the thread.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: September 25, 2011, 09:36:45 am »

Cheers a lot for doing this then, it's been really good fun  :D  :D

Well I'm pretty sure everybody wants to keep this going. I guess the prime candidates for lead GM would be Thatkid, Yoink, Ghazkull and Cybergenesis as they've all participated as GMs before. As a proposition this time can we remove the impartial GM rule for the core GM's (people who've done it this time and the good GM's in the second version) and then if any non-GM player would like to help out the core GM's can distribute story arcs for them to GM and then they can be sent back to the core GM's and once it's been approved it can be posted. I 'spose these sub-GMs would be subject to the impartial rule, sound like an idea?

E: Also if you do like the idea I'd be more than happy to be a sub-GM
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 09:39:28 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: September 25, 2011, 11:04:13 am »

Well Iituem, it was a nice game here with you. I hope that everyone enjoyed your ideas and work here as much as I did ;).

I second ashton on the idea of establishing a new head GM, if everone else is willing to continue. Any of the secondary GM's will do, if anyone feels strong enough to split themselves into a full-time GM and a PC. We could have a poll or we simply do it by the agreement of secondary GMs on who should lead, since i'm fine with anyone. Everyone was brilliant up to now, and if we feel like we want to keep this going then we do.

E: Wth regards to the world creation( and further expansion) and the such, how should we handle it? Is the head GM going to control this aspect or are we going to have it done through collaboration and checking of each other's work?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:10:11 am by Ardas »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: September 25, 2011, 11:05:26 am »

Well, I certainly enjoyed the game, for however little I played it. It was a new experience for me, but I think I will sit out for the next one. Too much going on for me.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: September 25, 2011, 11:06:40 am »

I really enjoyed the game, even if it did'nt last long. Thanks, Iituem.

I'd join if a new one was created.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3310 on: September 25, 2011, 11:11:58 am »

If we did do another one I'd prefer it to be like The Guild 2, with families fighting for power over a couple of city states instead of crazy sociopath nobleman.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: September 25, 2011, 11:54:12 am »

If we did do another one I'd prefer it to be like The Guild 2, with families fighting for power over a couple of city states instead of crazy sociopath nobleman.
You mean you'd want to move to another area of the You Are King! universe and start again with a blank slate in terms of story? If that's what you mean I'll just probably slide in with the majority on that one.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: September 25, 2011, 12:09:35 pm »

I'm in favour of continuing this, unless I'm up against majority.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3313 on: September 25, 2011, 12:14:35 pm »

You mean you'd want to move to another area of the You Are King! universe and start again with a blank slate in terms of story? If that's what you mean I'll just probably slide in with the majority on that one.

Yeah playing on the stormcoast (or sword coast I forget which) like 100 years in the future.  Simple muskets and cannons, renaissance era.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: September 25, 2011, 12:48:24 pm »

Quote from: Ardas
E: Wth regards to the world creation( and further expansion) and the such, how should we handle it? Is the head GM going to control this aspect or are we going to have it done through collaboration and checking of each other's work?
Well part of where we went wrong the first time was having to much of the game ride on one person, I'd be thinking the way we did it the core GM's would be essentially the same as the lead GM except they have final say if there's arguing and is also responsible for updating the original post

Yeah playing on the stormcoast (or sword coast I forget which) like 100 years in the future.  Simple muskets and cannons, renaissance era.
Thinking about it a bit more I'm definitely up for changing the game's location and starting a new story as we'll inevitably have new players coming and going and parts of the game were going stale with age, although I think it should be more similar to our starting scenario than what you propose just so it feels like a sequel rather than a new game and also the world-building may take a while so how about we advance just 10 years... and yup around the republic of Acre/Vasir area sounds good to me. They're part of the storm coast but we've got a decent amount of documentation on them because of there proximity to Elbreth.

EDIT: If some people wanted to keep there original characters it'd also be more feasible this way.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 12:49:55 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 634