Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289639 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3270 on: September 21, 2011, 07:25:03 pm »

Lets go back to talking about how merchants should all be godlynched then, due to overpowered nature, or how we haven't had in update in a long while. There is a lot of stuff we can talk about, it isn't going to be a new game but a game set in the setting of you are king.
I mean we got a wikia, how many forum games have those? We might as well use this world to build games in or something. Or else have a wiki is sorta redudant.

Good news: my computer has stopped crashing when i clicked on make player! but i still have no idea what most buttons do.

Well that's good news, what are you using for character stats and such?
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:30 pm »

No clue in hell. Ask me again in a week when i finally figure out what stuff does or find a better game building system...
Most likely the latter.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: September 21, 2011, 07:43:24 pm »

Oh boy, I just can't wait for them tar and feathers! Especially when my only crime is to make money and do nothing at all with it!
But seriously, If we have a roadblock or something, its up to you guys. I'm not going to make any more actions until next season, unless there is someone prepared to do some non-trade rolls for me.

As per culture, I recall that Iituem was after Continental/Central Europe when thinking of Elbreth, with few additions of the English culture. Storm Coast is kinda like Reneissance Italy, with lotsa city states, while south is unknown to me.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: September 21, 2011, 07:57:37 pm »

I agree on the city-state in the Storm Coast setting. This way, we can have some political intrigue with some adventure in it too. I'd recommend a city-state farther east though; don't want to be interfering with the plot of this game or have an effect on this game. I already have an idea of a basic plot, but it will take me some time to put it down in a post or PM.

Alternatively, we could have the game in Swastamik, Aphti, Korlan or even farther south. Perhaps even in the Hatcuri Dominion of Hatcur.

One question: will the game be set at the same time as the current game, or will we be going with the Renaissance/steampunk setting? I need to know and modify the plot before I go about and working on it too much. Also, we should probably make a thread for this somewhere else; it detracts from the the game.

Another question: should we PM Iituem about this? He might not approve.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:07:36 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: September 21, 2011, 08:05:40 pm »

I agree on the city-state in the Storm Coast setting. This way, we can have some political intrigue with some adventure in it too. I'd recommend a city-state farther east though; don't want to b interfering with the plot of this game or have an effect on this game. I already have an idea of a basic plot, but it will take me some time to put it down in a post or PM.

One question: will the game be set at the same time as the current game, or will we be going with the Renaissance/steampunk setting? I need to know and modify the plot before I go about and working on it too much. Also, we should probably make a thread for this somewhere else; it detracts from the the game.

Another question: should we PM Iituem about this? He might not approve.

Future, that way history is muddled and we can play this, and make the game without worrying too much about mussing up history.

not sure were we'd put a thread, but a google doc with notes could work.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: September 21, 2011, 08:09:14 pm »

Roger that. Working on origin stories first and then the main over-arching plot.

Edit: And working on the Storm Coast City if we're doing the game in the Storm Coast.

Storm Coast Origins:

Local Noble: The age of nobles and chivalry have long been over in the Storm Coast, and probably the rest of the world too. The Storm Coast was long ago taken by the merchants and their guilds, and the nobles have been left to manage their estates while the world moves on. Your own family is impoverished; conflict with noble and merchant alike as made them destitute with only a manor house to your family name. Leaving your estate, you have come to <Storm Coast City> to try your fortunes and re-establish House <Family Name> in this new age.
Local Trader: The Storm Coast has always been a place for traders and merchants and it hasn't changed...(will continue the rest later)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 08:19:23 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: September 21, 2011, 08:19:17 pm »

Time doesn't matter, we can always claim a paradox entired the world and changed it.

Yeah,i'll do it.

Im going to use C++ instead of that other software i was looking at from the 90s.
More work but somewhat more interesting.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: September 21, 2011, 08:22:32 pm »

Time doesn't matter, we can always claim a paradox entired the world and changed it.

Yeah,i'll do it.

Im going to use C++ instead of that other software i was looking at from the 90s.
More work but somewhat more interesting.

Do what?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: September 21, 2011, 08:25:37 pm »

PM Iituem I think.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: September 21, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »

Message Iituem,
Send the backstory and stuff in a pm to me  and anybody else who wants to work on it, or work with it.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: September 21, 2011, 09:19:15 pm »

Since it couldn't affect me less i'll go ahead and roll for ashton when I get back home. If there's some followup actions he has that don't mean anything to me ill roll them as well.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: September 21, 2011, 09:38:50 pm »

..I should probably get around to posting my reply to the king. *sigh* Screw you Cyber, for not letting me be lazy.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: September 21, 2011, 10:01:41 pm »

Im waiting for you to get lynched...so i want you to post
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: September 22, 2011, 08:56:38 am »

Ah just got home, thanks soo much for updating me. Infinite supply of hugs and kisses for you now!  :-* :-* :-*
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: September 22, 2011, 11:24:11 am »

I suppose its a question for Iituem, but I was interested in broad geo- and demo- graphies of the "You are King" world. The entire Storm Coast region and the Elbreth are size of half of Europe. we have some vague understanding of what is south of and east, But I'm curious about broader geograpy beyonfd the region. I assume that west is kinda developed, with brighthall, while North is a wasteland with south being in hands of closer-undetermined oriental people.

My reason behind asking is because I am wondering about prospects of going and financing a long-term voyages to get stuff like spices to Elbreth, and I want to know how everything goes. I know that just knowing what lies where would be too easy and its upt to us to look for these things, but I would be interested i knowing what kind of culture would I expect to meet if I went South or East. Is there a place like Levant where lot of cultures and goods meet and interact? Because a place like that would be fun to explore and trade with (and maybe colonize...).
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 634