Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289668 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3255 on: September 21, 2011, 06:41:07 pm »

If can make it that, yes.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3256 on: September 21, 2011, 06:43:57 pm »

Open world or linear story?  Cause that could mean a world of difference.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: September 21, 2011, 06:46:12 pm »

Open world...or atleast a section of open world.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: September 21, 2011, 06:47:51 pm »

Open world...or atleast a section of open world.

A country would suffice, cause then you have that area, but the entire worlds history and cultures.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: September 21, 2011, 06:49:18 pm »

Alot of You Are King World is undiscovered/uncharted/not talked about/ not written...

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: September 21, 2011, 06:51:32 pm »

Alot of You Are King World is undiscovered/uncharted/not talked about/ not written...

Our world (you are king) is pretty much currently devoid of any real culture.  We have religions and political stuff, but it's pretty much impossible to tell the difference between anyone.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: September 21, 2011, 06:53:47 pm »

Thats very true...
Huh...I just crashed my computer by clicking on things in the game making software i'm tinkering with.
So what culture are you talking about then?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: September 21, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »

Thats very true...
Huh...I just crashed my computer by clicking on things in the game making software i'm tinkering with.
So what culture are you talking about then?

Cultures made up for the game?  I didn't realize you were talking about making a game based on our rp.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: September 21, 2011, 06:58:04 pm »

Oh, well its going to be in the same world and with a few refernces but totally different location in order not too create too many paradoxes.
You could make up or help make up a culture if you wish or something, i don't know.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: September 21, 2011, 06:59:09 pm »

Oh, well its going to be in the same world and with a few refernces but totally different location in order not too create too many paradoxes.

Starting from scratch would probably be the best choice.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: September 21, 2011, 07:08:50 pm »

Hey guys, please dont fill one game's thread with talk about making a new one...it's kinda assinine and demoralising

Hey don't worry CG, in 2 days time it'll have been a month since I posted my last action *sigh*

What was it, depending on the action i can probably BS a roll for it Our main issue is that a few things ride on established or planned storyline so yeah...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »

Hey guys, please dont fill one game's thread with talk about making a new one...it's kinda assinine and demoralising

Hey don't worry CG, in 2 days time it'll have been a month since I posted my last action *sigh*

What was it, depending on the action i can probably BS a roll for it Our main issue is that a few things ride on established or planned storyline so yeah...

Let's go back to complaining about how there hasn't been updates, then.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: September 21, 2011, 07:13:50 pm »

They're discussing the creation of a text-based adventure game in the style of Zork, but set in the You Are King world. It's not really that demoralizing, since it isn't a second forum game or anything.
E: I think it sounds kind of cool, actually. My suggestion would be to have it set in the southern portion of the Storm Coast. Partially in and out of SCTG territory. That would allow for the greatest variety of cultures and races, so you wouldn't need to feel restricted by much, and it hasn't really been explored yet.

Ashton is performing a raid on a Mirish warehouse, if I recall correctly. He's been waiting quite a while on that, since Ghazkull and Iituem have been the only people able to make rolls for him as the outcome could negatively influence Trubaldsome.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:16:31 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: September 21, 2011, 07:21:38 pm »

They're discussing the creation of a text-based adventure game in the style of Zork, but set in the You Are King world. It's not really that demoralizing, since it isn't a second forum game or anything.
E: I think it sounds kind of cool, actually. My suggestion would be to have it set in the southern portion of the Storm Coast. Partially in and out of SCTG territory. That would allow for the greatest variety of cultures and races, so you wouldn't need to feel restricted by much, and it hasn't really been explored yet.

Ashton is performing a raid on a Mirish warehouse, if I recall correctly. He's been waiting quite a while on that, since Ghazkull and Iituem have been the only people able to make rolls for him as the outcome could negatively influence Trubaldsome.

The storm coast is pretty huge, gonna check out the wiki to see what we could dredge.

edit: oooooh city states.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:23:52 pm by King_of_the_weasels »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: September 21, 2011, 07:23:44 pm »

Lets go back to talking about how merchants should all be godlynched then, due to overpowered nature, or how we haven't had in update in a long while. There is a lot of stuff we can talk about, it isn't going to be a new game but a game set in the setting of you are king.
I mean we got a wikia, how many forum games have those? We might as well use this world to build games in or something. Or else have a wiki is sorta redudant.

Good news: my computer has stopped crashing when i clicked on make player! but i still have no idea what most buttons do.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 634