Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289696 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3180 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:45 pm »

Guys, I was wondering... When are we gonna invade Suul? Are we gonna wait 'til the next year?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: September 16, 2011, 04:12:52 pm »

Got money to levy the troops? If not, then go to the king for a grant or sign a deal with a merchant(like me!).

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: September 16, 2011, 05:35:55 pm »

Actually our main concern is our inability to raise enough troops due to trustable manpower. We've tapped Elbreth out, and cant use Preston as the king has an understandable lack of trust with equipping our recent conquests with weapons.
And Miring? Well we dont own it, and we cant govern it effectively anyways if we DID own it.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: September 16, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »

If this is the case then Elbreth will have to work on attracting colonists and expanding the population of the cities. BTW, I thought that big cities granty some sort of manpower bonus or is it the simple 1 manpower per 2 parcels, regardless of their status?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: September 17, 2011, 07:20:53 pm »

I almost think that the 'yearly' population changes should be run seasonally just for the speed of the game. We seem to have a lot more players now than the previous 2 years where things went quickly.

Further Merchant Modifications:

Tier'd Goods: 1 to 4
Inc: .1*Tier
Cost: 3*Tier

-Sets 3d cost to T1 goods, 12d to T4 - increases cash needed to haul goods
--Tier basically just makes the efficiency of hauls better, no real advantage beyond that

Modifications to rolls:
Travel: 1/2 Fail, 3 (-1), 4/5 Null, 6(+1)
-Doubles the odds of pirate encounter, or at a minimum the 2s could just be a -2 inc for 'pirates/weather, but outran/went around'
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:08:57 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: September 17, 2011, 07:48:18 pm »

I almost think that the 'yearly' population changes should be run seasonally just for the speed of the game. We seem to have a lot more players now than the previous 2 years where things went quickly.

Agreed. The game's pace is really slow right now, I would'nt be against making the game a bit quicker.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: September 17, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »

Not really so much the speed, but a season is a long time, and people would be coming and going from cities often based on the prosperity of the cities themselves

EDIT: Mostly i'm looking at the logic of it...also give Iituem a reason to modify populations in areas on a whim ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:18:49 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: September 18, 2011, 09:15:44 am »

Maybe if we do that then land taxes can be seasonal as well? Pretty please? :D

Guess not.

Anywaaays. I would have posted sooner, but Thursday was some movie night thing, Friday I went with a friend to Cambridge, and yesterday was the Masscan Freedom Rally. Responses to what I can respond to in a bit. maybe?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: September 18, 2011, 10:05:01 am »

You can roll my situation.
Ludwig pulls the man to a nearby ally way while holding his hand at the man's mouth and a dagger at the man's throat. Saying that if he dares make a noise or move, he would slit his throat at a moments notice.

All of the above and when the danger is past try to get information from the man. If not persuade him a bit. When he gives the information kill him and run to the tavern, first thank him politely.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: September 18, 2011, 10:07:47 am »

You can roll my situation.
Ludwig pulls the man to a nearby ally way while holding his hand at the man's mouth and a dagger at the man's throat. Saying that if he dares make a noise or move, he would slit his throat at a moments notice.

All of the above and when the danger is past try to get information from the man. If not persuade him a bit. When he gives the information kill him and run to the tavern, first thank him politely.
I actually have no clue what is going on with you at the moment. So if you're looking for coherency, you should probably wait till Yoink or Iituem can roll for that.

E: I'm reading back now to try and figure out what the hell is going on with you. If I can figure things out before someone else makes a post, I'll do your rolls.

Also, I didn't do Cyber's roll yet. I'll get on that eventually maybe, feeling lazy right now.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 11:11:32 am by thatkid »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: September 18, 2011, 12:03:38 pm »

NOES...argh there i win this damn duel only to die of poison? This is not fair!  :P :P :P

well lets see, whether i survive this crap...

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: September 18, 2011, 12:11:46 pm »

All hail Corv Manskinner, King of the Weyland, however briefly!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: September 18, 2011, 12:22:42 pm »

Well what is going on is that me and Kain were in a bar fight against Granny's guys. this guy got out and I chased him. As I captured him guys from the opposite of the tavern are running to the tavern. That guy I have is needed to get information about Granny's whereabouts. Kain and his men are in the tavern.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:00 pm »

NOES...argh there i win this damn duel only to die of poison? This is not fair!  :P :P :P

well lets see, whether i survive this crap...
Your not dead only poisned and almost dead. thanks for his head btw Ima take it and get paid =)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: September 18, 2011, 01:32:49 pm »

Jormundr, I was looking at the urban potential on the Weyland East wikia page. There it says the region has 0/5 urban potential, and you're already taxing that land for 2 ducats a year so it can't go up further.

Unless I've completely misunderstood the way urban potential works...
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 634