Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286350 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #2175 on: August 27, 2011, 05:53:45 pm »

I would guess he retired to enjoy life with his wife/ or he was killed in battle. We are talking about game Kaguro and not real Kaguro right?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 27, 2011, 05:54:01 pm »

We're saying that his character was rendered bed-ridden during the battle at Preston's border for now, I believe. Or at least that's what Knave and I agreed upon to explain the Grand Master's current complete control of the effort in Preston (originally he was supposed to co-lead with the General).

My suggestion is that, since he openly said he didn't want to continue playing, if he hasn't returned by September his character will have succumbed to his injuries...opening up the spot of "General" or "Minister of War". But, really, it's up to Iituem to decide how we deal with inactivity.

E: Erika's marriage to him has not taken place yet, as it was scheduled for after the war.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:43 pm »

Beyond that, the pirate ship that attacked Miring was last seen fighting the preston fleet prior to its raid on miring.

Im also assuming that beyond the king, no one outside of preston knows terenos was ON one of the preston ships

Sure his banner was on the ship, but i doubt it could be seen from shore...and the miring fleet was sunk - no witnesses

The issues Aulon has, to me, is having any evidence beyond HERESAY that anyone but Taric was involved in the attack on Miring. And to be fair - You attacked HIM.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 27, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »

I sense an ambush...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 27, 2011, 06:36:32 pm »

Beyond that, the pirate ship that attacked Miring was last seen fighting the preston fleet prior to its raid on miring.

Im also assuming that beyond the king, no one outside of preston knows terenos was ON one of the preston ships

Sure his banner was on the ship, but i doubt it could be seen from shore...and the miring fleet was sunk - no witnesses

The issues Aulon has, to me, is having any evidence beyond HERESAY that anyone but Taric was involved in the attack on Miring. And to be fair - You attacked HIM.

Perhaps there were some survivors on the wrecked Preston ships that spilled the beans.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:14 pm »

Perhaps there were some survivors on the wrecked Preston ships that spilled the beans.
There were no orders given to search for survivors. Else Manning would have been at risk of capture.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 27, 2011, 06:40:28 pm »

Whilst I'm working on the post, I have a new Miscellaneous Ruling or two getting added to the OP.  These are being added in response to the question some players have been asking about how landless souls can get extra manpower to staff armies...

Raid/Looting Clarification:  It is not normally possible to loot open land or the tiny, 'invisible' villages that dot the landscape.  Towns, markets, ports, temples and other significant structures may be looted or raided.

Raiding:  Raiding is conducted as part of a raid by a Raider or Sea Raider unit on a significant structure, or by a normal unit on a defenseless structure.  It yields 1d6 ducats, taken from the structure owner's Treasury (if any remains in the Treasury) or else from the tax provided by the structure.  A structure may only be raided once per season.

Looting:  Looting requires the structure to have been captured by a hostile force.  Looting steals the entirety of the following year's tax income from the structure (or any remaining tax income, if it has been previously raided).  If whatever structure the owner's Treasury is located in is looted (usually the capital city's fort) then thalf the Treasury will be looted as well - the remainder is assumed to be distributed elsewhere.

Looting Businesses:  Businesses in a captured town or market can be looted like any structure - their income for the following year is stolen.

Dismantling Businesses:  Businesses can be dismantled by enemy soldiers that capture a town, or by their owner, for half their value (i.e. the ducats invested to bring it to its present Size).  Since this is highly wasteful, most owners will attempt to sell their business when they no longer require it, but raiders may be interested in the higher returns than mere looting will allow.

Private Citizen Treasuries:  Citizens that own a town, market or business are assumed to have their Treasuries located within said towns/markets/businesses, or else within the capital/largest/best defended structure (capital takes precedence, best defended in second place).  Other citizens are presumed to either carry their Treasuries with them or leave them in whatever town they have a house/residence in.  Technically speaking, this does mean that if said town is captured or they are captured, they can be robbed of their Treasuries.

Players may opt to leave their Treasuries in other, more secure locations.  This may provide a niche for characters looking to start a business based around a well-defended vault.

Capturing Slaves

Slaves can now be captured as part of a raid attempt.  A raider may choose to raid slaves or ducats.  Slaves are drawn from any surplus manpower in the province - if there is no manpower remaining, slaves cannot be taken.  Slavers may opt to take slaves directly as manpower (pressganging them) or as commodities.  On a successful raid, 1d6/2 (round up) manpower is stolen.

If they are taken directly as manpower, the province's available manpower count decreases on a success and the slaver's personal available manpower increases accordingly.  If they are taken as proper slaves, each point of manpower stolen is converted into one shipment of the Slaves trade good.  Unless a province deliberately operates slave pens to breed fresh slaves (i.e. it has the Slaves resource) this is the only way to obtain the Slaves trade good.  It may not be obtained from normal trading at ports.

The Slaves trade good may not be converted back to manpower - breaking the spirit of the slaves also breaks their viability as a military force.  A province owner may convert manpower deliberately into Slaves, but this will likely cause some uproar and potentially outright rebellion amongst the populace - provided any are left to revolt.

Edit:  Adjusted the market rules and added this to the OPs.  Slaves cannot be bought from any province where it is not a produced resource, or unless a slaver specifically puts them up for sale there.  Thus, slaving is now a viable and potentially very profitable strategy - turning all those worthless enemy manpower points into ducats for use!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:44:50 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 27, 2011, 07:22:09 pm »

I read Janissaries.

Also, that would be a good way to raise a professional force...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 27, 2011, 07:23:55 pm »

What do you think I was going to do with the children?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 27, 2011, 07:31:08 pm »

What do you think I was going to do with the children?
Well you killed two thirds of the population, so that would inevitably include children, unless Miring is now full of kids because they're the only ones you didn't kill, I assumed you'd terrorized and killed them without prejudice in comparison to their larger counterparts.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 27, 2011, 07:32:49 pm »

Actually, I was kidnapping them. Adults were being slaughtered though.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 27, 2011, 07:35:25 pm »

Actually, I was kidnapping them. Adults were being slaughtered though.
Oh right so like DF goblins, got it  :P You then wandered into a hypothetical cage trap and now your at the mercy of Miring's fortress overseer
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 27, 2011, 07:37:12 pm »

Pretty mu-Damnit!

Someone needs to make a child snatcher nation now...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 27, 2011, 07:40:50 pm »

Pretty mu-Damnit!

Someone needs to make a child snatcher nation now...
Maybe if you die and rather than GMing or leaving the game you could lead that nation... then again if you get out of your current situation I think that'd probably be the most epic achievement by a PC to date
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 27, 2011, 07:45:15 pm »

Hey, I'm not leaving or getting into a position in which I could(?) GM. I'm just keeping the next character under wraps.

And If I do make it out alive? I think that'll be an achivement unto itself :P
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 634