Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286482 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1995 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:30 pm »

Well, I guess I -could- roll, if I knew what I was supposed to roll for, and if it didn't affect me. :-\
I don't know that I would do a terribly good job, though.
Fakeedit: Anything you want me to roll for, Iiteum?

Everything.  (And by that I mean, as much as you feel comfortable with.)

You can't roll for Taric because you're directly affected by it, but now that I've given CG the ability to do merchant rolls, the only merchant that has to be rolled for is CG himself - any GM can do it, but check the OP/Merchant Rules for the Merchant Trading Tables and Goods Values List if you want to do merchant rolls.

You can't do the Night Trader rolls because I have to handle that line personally.  You can do Hanja, Locanil and Drua's rolls, including any rolls that require descriptions of the Republic or Groan or exploration because I simply have nothing written up for any of that yet.  Go crazynuts.

Fakedit:  I'm perfectly cool with Locanil's reward for the historical information challenge being mucho schmuckero.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 25, 2011, 07:47:35 pm »

Oh, really? Didnt know that. Will change a bit then.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 25, 2011, 07:50:01 pm »

Hrm... Well, I think I'll roll for Mahtan's spending time with Lilith first, because A: He asked first, and B: It's a small enough thing that I can probably do it without causing the entire gameworld to implode in on itself.
Hopefully.
And then I'll see what else I can do. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1998 on: August 25, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »

Sweet, probably going to end up being boring, but whateves.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 25, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »

And then we find out that Lilith is actually Trubaldsome's long lost mother, who went on a quest for and successfully found the fountain of Youth and Amnesia!

Oh, really? Didnt know that. Will change a bit then.

That reminds me.  Yes, there was an orthodox chapel that has been nominally converted* back to Old Mirish Paganism (technically just Mirish Paganism now?), but we can count your rolls as being a case of rededicating the temple to the old gods.

*Ever notice how cathedrals get built on the sites of old roman temples, which got built on old celtic circles?  Holy sites tend to remain holy, regardless of the religion.  Which sort of makes you wonder what the celtic circles were built on...**

**theratstheratstheratsinthewallstheratsinthewallsratsinthewallsratsinthewallsthewallstheratsinthewalls...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:58:06 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 25, 2011, 08:01:33 pm »

And then we find out that Lilith is actually Trubaldsome's long lost mother, who went on a quest for and successfully found the fountain of Youth and Amnesia!

No.  Just.. No.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: August 25, 2011, 08:02:36 pm »

Hey.... Hang on, what did happen to Trubaldsome's mother? She hasn't been mentioned at all...

<.<   
>.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 25, 2011, 08:04:55 pm »

Don't tell me that it's true! Please no!

Also, you can do the rolls for my action if you want, I guess.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 25, 2011, 08:06:10 pm »

Hey.... Hang on, what did happen to Trubaldsome's mother? She hasn't been mentioned at all...

<.<   
>.>

She died giving birth to the youngest brother, which is why he is the least favorite brother and is treated like shit.

I'm pretty much in charge of trubaldsome's family.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 25, 2011, 08:07:01 pm »

Damn, you totally beat me before I could roll for it, Weasel. *shakes fist*
And okay, Zako! Brace thyself!
Booze is Life for Yoink

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 25, 2011, 08:09:23 pm »

Sure i'll start merchant rolls in about an hour. I just need someone else to roll mine
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:16 pm »

She died in childbirth, giving birth to the youngest Trubaldsome heir.

Of the five legitimate Trubaldsome children, then...

Leuki von Trubaldsome.  Eldest son.  May or may not have been responsible for King Langsaffryn's death, which had all the hallmarks of cholera.  Paid for his second brother's "expedition" to far off lands (the ship was booby-trapped to sink once it got a certain distance from shore).  Kept his third brother in wine, jam and wenches and encouraged him to become a harmless wastrel more concerned with his own gratification than any serious ambition or responsibility - specifically to remove him as a threat to power.  May or may not have interfered with his lamed fourth brother's treatment and horseriding lessons to limit his ability to serve in the military.  During the crisis and purges following Terenos' Cleansing of the Privy Council incident, both his youngest brothers went missing.  Leuki's only comments were that they had been "put out of the way of the current strife."  Killed by his brother whilst being subtly betrayed by Terenos d'Avistral.

Chicane von Trubaldsome.  Vicious, ambitious and probably more cunning than Leuki, but didn't get the first cut in.  Escaped the failed assassination on a rowboat and deliberately changed his habits and appearance, replacing a dying and rather unimportant minor noble to infiltrate his own court.  Spent eight years masterminding a web of corruption and espionage, including fabricating a legal claim to the Prestoner throne, in order to regain his position and topple his brother.  His plans were almost at the point of succeeding when Terenos d'Avistral arrived.  Slain by Terenos d'Avistral before he could join the Mirish and Prestoner armies and conquer Elbreth.

Percy von Trubaldsome.  Foppish, self-important and by most accounts weak and harmless middle son.  Kept alive mostly by his constant companion and manservant Waery, a close companion of King Langsaffryn and one of his few truly loyal subjects.  Possibly the least vicious, caustic and backstabbing of the Trubaldsome brothers.  This is not saying much.  Currently at threat by Terenos d'Avistral.

[Name withheld] von Trubaldsome.  The fourth son.  Quiet, lamed.  Had a passion for horseriding, frustrated by his elder brother's insistence he work at administrative schooling for fear he develop martial skill and pose a threat.  Studied military tactics and kingdom management at length.  Perhaps the smartest of the Trubaldsome brothers.  Missing since the start of the Preston-Mirish war.  Probably never even heard of by Terenos d'Avistral.

[Name withheld] von Trubaldsome.  The fifth son.  Young, still a minor.  Healthy and intact, but essentially a child.  Almost nothing is known about him.  Vanished since the start of the Preston-Mirish War.  May grow up to murder Terenos d'Avistral for killing his brothers.  Probably wouldn't be that bothered - they were blackguards anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:58 pm »

This explains everything! Percy is a middle child :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 25, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »

Heh, that all seems good! Except I always imagined the eldest brother being rather an asshole to Percy, hence his long-lasting hatred of Leuki.
I wonder where those two youngest ones got to... With the way this family's going, I should probably keep an eye on them. :P

Fakeedit: And yeah, T. was always the third son. It kinda does explain a lot...
Booze is Life for Yoink

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 25, 2011, 08:24:23 pm »

Terenos d'Avistral: Still going for the hat trick on 'killing' Trubaldsomes.

I truly love that hes managed to relate that entirely to me. Brilliance! Brilliance says I!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 634