Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289032 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1755 on: August 24, 2011, 06:44:27 am »

Well, if you want to get somewhere with your rule, you should make sure that Elbreth does not get stronger. Otherwise the Tarics and Knaves of this world will go crusader on yer tribe (i.e slaughtering you while preaching for their god at the same time).

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: August 24, 2011, 06:47:02 am »

nah i intend to establish trade relations with Elbereth for now, if or when i conquered,allied,control the rest of the Weylands, i will establish a proper infrastructure, trade, industry and soem culture before beginning to invade anybody  ;D

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: August 24, 2011, 06:56:18 am »

Wow, so much to respond to now I'm (At least at the moment :P ) king!
I haven't addressed all the points the Chamberlain brought up yet, as I'm still waiting to see how these 'job interviews' turn out. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: August 24, 2011, 07:22:16 am »

Does anyone else think this needs a tv tropes page?

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1759 on: August 24, 2011, 07:24:00 am »

nope
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: August 24, 2011, 07:30:20 am »

I thought one could be cool earlier, but personally I hate when the authors themselves fill up a tvtropes page, with stuff like stupid inside jokes for Crowning Moment of Funny. In any case, I have zero TvTropes editing experience.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: August 24, 2011, 07:37:31 am »

If anyone reading our adventures decides that they are breaking a new ground or at least re-estalbish certain tropes, then maybe.
So far, we are still a forum thing only. A quite refined and deep, but forum thing nonethelss, without a big audience. We are doing this for ourselves, not for any other purpose. So no need for TV Tropes.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: August 24, 2011, 08:33:14 am »

If I had the time, money and a willing coder (and I don't, I'm already committed to one indie game production company which I'm taking 'get RL shit together like drama school' leave from) and made You are King into an online multiplayer game, then we could use a TV Tropes page.  On the other hand, if we get the project we're supposed to be working on there done, maybe we could turn that into project 2.  But that's another year or two down the line, so not worth clamouring for just yet.

And yes, I'm pretty sure I could work out how to do the design side of that without much trouble.  The tricky part would be keeping the roleplay aspect of it in, which is where a lot of the fun comes from.

And back to rehearsing.  No time for proper posts today.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:00 am »

Yeah, if it was an actual browser game, how the hell would we be able to do half the crazy stuff we do? :-\
I somehow doubt there'd be code for manipulating fragile-minded noblewomen to frame your rivals, at the expense of their sanity... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: August 24, 2011, 09:06:19 am »

Ibot, you just used metagaming. Though it was very meager please don't use IC knowledge that you got from the OOC thread.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: August 24, 2011, 09:20:07 am »

Ibot, you just used metagaming. Though it was very meager please don't use IC knowledge that you got from the OOC thread.

To clarify, in case you didn't realise what we meant - your character might not necessarily know about the theft of the Mirish crown by Trubaldsome.  Please take care to avoid using knowledge that your character would not know about.

Although in this case, he almost certainly would anyway - Trubaldsome waved it in front of an entire army full of people and told them he had it.  The survivors (what few there were) would have talked.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: August 24, 2011, 09:23:45 am »

Once again Vagel talks about metagaming as if he has any right to.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: August 24, 2011, 09:28:38 am »

Once again Vagel talks about metagaming as if he has any right to.
You're just making me laugh fella, you just can't let go of things, can you?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: August 24, 2011, 09:31:14 am »

No because you did it like 15080 thousand million times.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: August 24, 2011, 09:32:56 am »

I feel sorry to whoever you live with or your friends, having such a master of exaggaration in your company surely isn't fun.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 634