Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289041 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1740 on: August 24, 2011, 05:56:01 am »

Wait wait wait, So..I'm effectively done step #2 as i've killed a man in honorable single combat. And I guess that also counts as winning 1 duel, for #1?
I suppose we cant really count Castor. There were guards involved in that.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:46 am »

Technically you could graduate by just winning two non-lethal honour duels, or lasting to the third round of a tournament, yes.

Practice duels don't count, there needs to be at least something at stake, even if it's only honour or a place in a tourney.  Duels on which significant amounts of money are being wagered will count, though - provided you're doing at least some of the wagering.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: August 24, 2011, 06:00:20 am »

well anyway uhm how much those a newly errected market cost?

EDIT: what the heck? i think the heat fried my brain sorry:

how much would it cost to build a market?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:07:07 am by Ghazkull »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: August 24, 2011, 06:10:44 am »

Establishing a new market has a difficulty of 1 (you can try to do it without any funding, at a risk of failure, each ducat adds a +1 to the effort), establishing a new town is difficulty 2.  Expanding a town has a difficulty equal to the existing town size x 2.  Expanding a market has a difficulty equal to the existing market size.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:11 am »

Whoah, with all these rules and rolls, Iituem ends up doing a work of a moderately-sized CPU. But these rules are actually functional and sensible for a level of RP that we have. I'm just trying to figure out though why the sudden fad for everyone to become a guildsman, craftsman or a trader.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: August 24, 2011, 06:14:10 am »

not trader, i just need to develop my country a bit more...look at it im the lord over some backwater farmers...i need a market a proper town, a port (Hello Munros!) and a proper road system. I hope the slave trade will bring in some money to establish all those things... :P

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: August 24, 2011, 06:17:20 am »

Kinda strange though that a no good raider suddenly decided to settle down and educate himself in ways of government. I haven't seen your character read the Storm Coast version of The Prince so it it is surprising.
After that debacle with SCTG is over I might swing by your land to do a little trading....

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: August 24, 2011, 06:21:43 am »

Ghazkull.. -should- I become duke of Preston, I am willing to assist you in the conquest of the Eastern Weylands, for some of the land. Nothing unfair, just a bit more to add to Elbreth.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: August 24, 2011, 06:28:42 am »

well my character is not just some uneducated oaf from the Weylands, hes the son of a Storm Coast book merchant...maybe i should begin writing up his backstory as everybody seems to mistake him for an babarian...well wait thats actually what i want...XP

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: August 24, 2011, 06:31:21 am »

Kinda strange though that a no good raider suddenly decided to settle down and educate himself in ways of government. I haven't seen your character read the Storm Coast version of The Prince so it it is surprising.
After that debacle with SCTG is over I might swing by your land to do a little trading....

The funny thing is that Manskinner is, as far as I can infer from his backstory, a citizen of the Storm Coast.  It's never been revealed exactly who he was before he came to Weyland - a nobleman, a failed merchant, a condottieri - but whoever he was he left and decided he had more of a chance making it in the world by moving into a lawless, partisan region and forcibly civilising it through utterly ruthless and bloody means.

By many accounts he's barbaric, but he writes in a perfect cursive Storm Coast hand, can speak and write Mirish and Samakhet fluently in a region where literacy never caught on and knows enough about social mores to incite religious dissent and open rebellion in a tightly controlled Archbishopric.  Manskinner has pulled off the 'mysterious stranger' trope without calling a lot of attention to it and just about avoided cliche in the process.

So, well done Ghazkull.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: August 24, 2011, 06:33:17 am »

hmm maybe i keep his backstory back...just for fun and you people to figure out why he turned from a book merchants son into the Manskinner... :P

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1751 on: August 24, 2011, 06:37:28 am »

Ghazkull is essentially Caeser from New Vegas.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: August 24, 2011, 06:38:58 am »

Well who is doing the NCR here?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: August 24, 2011, 06:39:50 am »

It's amazing how much "You Are a King" has grown. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: August 24, 2011, 06:41:30 am »

ah finally somebody caught the reference. Yes i took Ceasar as a reference point for my character, a educated guy from some civilized place who goes out and tames the barbarians and forces them into his empire. But well there's more to Corv...

Edit: i dont think we need an NCR here, but if your so much out for references it would propably be Brighthall...
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 634