Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289209 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1530 on: August 22, 2011, 08:15:22 am »

Yeah, I never thought we could do anything about Terenos, but atleast I thought the King wouldn't just instantly believe anything the Black Shadow tells him. Hnngh. I swear, if we're punished for this, Aulon gets the hell out of this country before he loses his head.

That said, I don't want to stop playing him, so we'll have to see what happens next.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 22, 2011, 08:18:13 am »

Need a clarification here: Roll effects are not reversed from selling when you're buying, right? A 1 on a buying roll still results in -2 increments?
E: I'm going to assume as such, since I haven't seen anything contradicting that yet.

And the King doesn't believe everything Terenos tells him. He doesn't believe that the battle in the Miring throne room went down as Terenos describes...but this is because of the Grand Master's letter, not Aulon's.
The chances of Erik listening to anything that Aulon has to say are pretty slim, he's only ever asked Erik for money until now. E2: I mean, if you had a guy from a nation on the other side of the known world, and he only ever appeared in court to request funds to pay for his non-native mercenaries, and then he suddenly went off to join with a guy who seems to be the center of every major problem in your court...would you trust him?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:35:41 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 22, 2011, 08:47:23 am »

Hells no. That blood sucking, no good, money grubber! I still don't know why on earth he chose to go with the crazed noble who wanted to be king of a looted and surrounded country.

Also, I'm on the case bawss!  ;D

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 22, 2011, 08:49:09 am »

Good roll. You got tangled up in the details, but everything is as it should be. Save for one thing. if it says 2d credit, does that mean i have to repay that, or does it mean I have 2d left up to use? Either way i'm 2d or 3d in debt. I think I will be resigning form the guild credit once everything is repaid. I will keep borrowing until I'm dead, and thats no good.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:20 am »

Good roll. You got tangled up in the details, but everything is as it should be. Save for one thing. if it says 2d credit, does that mean i have to repay that, or does it mean I have 2d left up to use? Either way i'm 2d or 3d in debt. I think I will be resigning form the guild credit once everything is repaid. I will keep borrowing until I'm dead, and thats no good.
I don't know, it's a direct copy and paste from the roll post before it (said copy and paste was then edited with any changes), which was made by Iituem.
You should be keeping track of your own account information in a text-file or something, so just assume your debt/credit hasn't changed at all from what it was in that since you didn't use any credit this go around.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 22, 2011, 09:02:18 am »

Yeah, kind of touch and go with the trade. I will sort out the finance details myself though, don't worry about it. If anything, Iituem will set me straight if I make any mistakes.

E: I went over all the moves and rolls and it seems that 2.1 credit is my outstanding debt. I will pay that off once i'm in Vasir.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:09:37 am by Ardas »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 22, 2011, 09:39:59 am »

Made all necessary rolls...at least, I think.
Gonna go take a shower and get breakfast fo' 'rizzle now. :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 22, 2011, 09:51:28 am »

Hells no. That blood sucking, no good, money grubber! I still don't know why on earth he chose to go with the crazed noble who wanted to be king of a looted and surrounded country.

Because said noble hadn't shown any intention of severing ties with Elbreth (and we'll never know now, I guess), his land had a coast, and he was simpler than the King. Aulon's not that smart - when the troubles with Taric and Terenos started, he thought they could beat them back and then the King would punish them for their actions. If only he'd thought about Elbreth's politics and Terenos' position with the King before starting all this!

But my point wasn't that I expected the King to trust Aulon. It just seems like he refuses to suspect Terenos of anything at all unless someone else (in this case, Knavston Black) he likes does it first.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 22, 2011, 10:02:30 am »

Because said noble hadn't shown any intention of severing ties with Elbreth (and we'll never know now, I guess), his land had a coast, and he was simpler than the King. Aulon's not that smart - when the troubles with Taric and Terenos started, he thought they could beat them back and then the King would punish them for their actions. If only he'd thought about Elbreth's politics and Terenos' position with the King before starting all this!

But my point wasn't that I expected the King to trust Aulon. It just seems like he refuses to suspect Terenos of anything at all unless someone else (in this case, Knavston Black) he likes does it first.
The issue is how Erik perceives Aulon, actually.
Had Trubaldsome made the claim, or even written the letter himself, things would have gone differently. Favor plays a big role, but not to the extent you're thinking. Had Trubaldsome written the letter, Erik might have seen it as a paranoid (and rightly so, considering the way things had gone in Elbreth and in Miring) Prince fleeing to a place of safety after realizing the inherent treachery which you accuse Terenos and Taric of. Erik may or may not have decided that Terenos' implicit guilt was simply a mistake on Trubaldsome's part depending on how Terenos reacted after being arrested.

Instead though, Erik received a letter from a beggared nth-son of some up-jumped merchant House who was trying to make excuses after he had decided to side with a Prince that had brought nothing but trouble to court and then proceeded to cut and run from his duties in the Elbrethian army, completely ignoring the hospitality and protection Erik had shown him, in order to claim a throne atop the corpses of Erik's sworn soldiers and friends*.

On top of that, you also need to take Trubaldsome's speech into consideration. The exact words may not have traveled with word of the massacre, but the vehemence directed at Elbreth, its forces, and its King no doubt did. Trubaldsome is a traitor, plain and simple, and why should some greedy storm coast nobleman who's sided with him be trusted in even the slightest sense?

*The soldiers may or may not have also seen Erik is a "friend". I suppose it doesn't matter. The point is that Erik takes the time to know the people in his army, and so killing them is the last thing anyone would want to do if they intended to remain on his good side. This has been apparent pretty much every time he's interacted with a regiment.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:04:37 am by thatkid »

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 22, 2011, 10:02:30 am »

Is Iiteum doing his play today or tomorrow? Guess he'll be back soon  :D *pause* and taking breaks
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:27 am »

Point taken. So Aulon writing the letter only made things worse - though I doubt it would've helped at all if Trubaldsome had done it, he'd have overdone it anyhow. We'd been screwed either way. And all because of that bastard Terenos! I'll get my revenge, some day!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 22, 2011, 10:14:30 am »

Ah well, better you than me. :P Also, did Aulon tell Trubaldsome he was going to Elbreth to meet with the King? Or did he just wander off? I can't remember...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 22, 2011, 10:15:29 am »

He survived the #127 for six hours when fear of the life demon stopped it
lets see if he recovers
Include in the preperations for the trip an Elementalist horse catching blessing
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 22, 2011, 10:16:02 am »

Noah, because you didn't specify the spending of a ducat I didn't add its bonus to your roll. You can keep it.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 22, 2011, 10:16:33 am »

sweet
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 634