Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289279 times)

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1350 on: August 21, 2011, 01:04:49 pm »

My brother is too tired to get on his computer, but he says he's sorry for forgetting to post.
He went to a party or something and thought another GM would post an update.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 21, 2011, 01:07:00 pm »

Wow, Cyber went all economic/politcal all of a sudden. Also, i'm surprised to see how quickly you made your money. But then you been in the game longer than me.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 21, 2011, 01:27:53 pm »

I need Eric/Thatkid to respond to the asking for a meeting and if i am annoying him with the shadowing. By the way, if meng actually does tame those bears, and goes back to Kain and Kain finds out- he has ways - Meng isn't going to live long. Escepailly if they are used against his army.
You remind me of Grima Wormtongue, but Erik has never heard of or read Lord of the Rings because JRR Tolkien has yet to exist in the You Are King universe so you're probably fine.
He's likely going to ask you to return to the Eelspine range to begin dealing with the raiders soon though, if only because that actually does need to be done eventually.

Anyways, making rolls in a moment. I gotta look back through the Grand Master's letters to see if he mentions anything that might contradict what Aulon says about conspiracies.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 21, 2011, 02:01:50 pm »

I havent been in that much longer. As i've said in the passed, i'm good at abusing economies ^.^

It wasn't really sudden, Zako wanted to start making threats about taxes, i was just informing him why that would easily backfire on him
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 21, 2011, 02:03:32 pm »

I need Eric/Thatkid to respond to the asking for a meeting and if i am annoying him with the shadowing. By the way, if meng actually does tame those bears, and goes back to Kain and Kain finds out- he has ways - Meng isn't going to live long. Escepailly if they are used against his army.
Don't worry if I'd realized it was Kain I should have been looking for somebody else instead, WAY too likely to get myself killed, at least at the moment I'm making a handsome profit. Whilst it's not quite apparent yet I'm playing this a bit like CyberGenesis, being mostly neutral and helping whoever works to my plan; and as I mentioned the word plan I should also put an emphasis on the fact I do have one... which if it works will be pretty awesome, though it probably won't.

On another note progress so far (all the backround will be darkened by a huge amount so it's more making out the forms than anything):

Spoiler: Art (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:15:35 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 21, 2011, 02:36:19 pm »

You remind me of Grima Wormtongue, but Erik has never heard of or read Lord of the Rings because JRR Tolkien has yet to exist in the You Are King universe so you're probably fine.
He's likely going to ask you to return to the Eelspine range to begin dealing with the raiders soon though, if only because that actually does need to be done eventually.

Anyways, making rolls in a moment. I gotta look back through the Grand Master's letters to see if he mentions anything that might contradict what Aulon says about conspiracies.

Wow my characther is a mirror of a shitload of people.
I got Kain: the almost vampiric prince from LOK 1-2, looks and cruelness and Name.
Comedian: The calm and almost happy brutallity and scar beside his mouth.
Wormtoungue: His propensity to plot and scheme and his eying of sisters.
I think there is as few others who've i noticed acts like Kain

But unlike wormtoungue, Kain is relativly handsome- bit on the thin side and too pale - and he's feircely loyal to Eric. Probably in the range of taking a bolt or two for him and hes young or atleast looks pretty young. 20 year old range...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 21, 2011, 03:06:14 pm »

Thoughts on my first in-depth battle report?

I'm trying to get up to Iituem levels. (Honestly, I was expecting Dwarfinton to get slaughtered here.)

E: I know you didn't kill the monkey, Weasel.

Also, any help with the merchant rolls would be appreciated. I can't find the modifiers for buying fabrics in Vasir. Are there any?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:08:41 pm by thatkid »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 21, 2011, 03:11:28 pm »

Man, I wish there was some sort of algorithm for these trade rolls. I could do them myself, but again, it would not be fair or impartial. don't worry for now though, i am willing to stay in stasis for as long as it takes to get this done. I actually like the rules for trade that Iituem came up with. They provide an element of randomness, but at the same time the system preserves tha idea of trade as a way of making (or losing0 money.

Battle was ok, fairly interesting to read. You are doing ok so far. Sunday was kind of slow though. But I guess eveyone was taking some time off, sudt like Iituem did.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 21, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

I actually meant to post yesterday, but got pulled away by the allure of partying like a sultan before I got a chance to finish it. Shit was so cash.

Anyways, it looks like the Province of Vasir should be selling Fabrics as a resource. But fabrics isn't actually a resource.
Ardas, do you mean to buy "Luxuries" instead or something else?

Fake Edit: actually, luxuries isn't listed as in Vasir either. So confused right now...
Luckily, selling grain in preston is a lot less confusing so I'll do that as I wait for someone to explain this part of it to my idiotic self in a little more detail >_<

E: Wait. Cybergenesis has grain, right? Or what is that he's transporting if not that?

E2: I'll probably only make Erik posts for a little tiny bit after I finish editing in the merchant rolls. Also it would probably help every GM if you guys all kept a spoilered "Player Account" thing at the end of all your action-posts.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:23:02 pm by thatkid »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 21, 2011, 03:22:36 pm »

How about me and Little? We're traveling to the Storm Coast, or does that even constitute a roll?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 21, 2011, 03:24:25 pm »

How about me and Little? We're traveling to the Storm Coast, or does that even constitute a roll?

I didn't see a reason to make a roll for that. But if you want to risk being attacked by pirates or sunk due to bad weather ok.
I'll edit it in, sec.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 21, 2011, 03:25:16 pm »

err nvm please just ignore. i was thinking more along the lines of travel time.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 21, 2011, 03:28:50 pm »

Just a notice to DH and Yoink. Mind finishing your dealings with me? (Either by death or release?)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 21, 2011, 03:29:11 pm »

(Meng 3+1) With the 2 ducats worth of meat you have been given by the Nahk, and your natural affinity with animals, you're quickly able to tame the bears. By the end of spring the Nahk will have a regiment of bears (Heavy Berserker).
:-\, I was under the impression I was being paid, may this possibly be revised so 1.5 ducats was spent on meat and I recieved a profit of 0.5 ducats please?

Clarification Edit: The Nahk was going to pay me 1 ducat, Iiteum said after 2 ducats were spent thoose war bears would be a heavy beserker regiment, so he already agreed to pay me, there was just changes afterwards
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:34:44 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 21, 2011, 03:29:54 pm »

Just a notice to DH and Yoink. Mind finishing your dealings with me? (Either by death or release?)
They sent a letter to Erik about you. They're probably waiting to see if he'll offer a ransom.

(Meng 3+1) With the 2 ducats worth of meat you have been given by the Nahk, and your natural affinity with animals, you're quickly able to tame the bears. By the end of spring the Nahk will have a regiment of bears (Heavy Berserker).
:-\, I was under the impression I was being paid, may this possibly be revised so 1.5 ducats was spent on meat and I recieved a profit of 0.5 ducats please?

We can say you refused to do the work until he agrees to pay you. The roll will still stand if he agrees to pay you; if not, he doesn't get the regiment because you don't train the bears.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 634