Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289479 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1035 on: August 19, 2011, 01:06:03 pm »

If he had just waited for Erik to show up and give him Miring officially all this bloodshed would have been avoided!

8) But it wouldn't have been as entertaining to read

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #1036 on: August 19, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

Misunderstandings = Drama = Good Story
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: August 19, 2011, 01:12:15 pm »

Please don't call Erik an emperor. He scarcely did anything great and such title must be reserved for truly worthy. If he conquered half the continet or ushered a golden age then maybe , but not now.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: August 19, 2011, 01:14:17 pm »

Note: Working in a call center is boring..

Purposefful note: Bloodshed is good for economics! And i like economics being good! I stand to make an acceptable sum when this is over. Either Taric and Terenos die and i sell my goods to miring for a decent rate...or i 'donate' my goods for like 1/3 - 1/2 value and get something useful out of this. Like an unupgraded ship, or a marque...cause while i'm a legit merchant atm...i know i'll piss someone off later

Ardas: He's working on it. The raiders are going to be crushed next. The Storm Coast and Suul are the only nations NOT pissing in Erik's cheerios
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: August 19, 2011, 01:16:57 pm »

Erik is going to remain "King" until Elbreth grows too large to maintain a hold on some places without having them remain a Kingdom.

If Trubaldsome had been given Miring officially, it would have been as a duchy. In that event, the most concession Erik would have made with him would have been to let him keep the title of "Prince" for his line.

Suul was going to be crushed next, but the Zimtar raiders cut to the front of the line for that display in the court room.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: August 19, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »

Please don't call Erik an emperor. He scarcely did anything great and such title must be reserved for truly worthy. If he conquered half the continet or ushered a golden age then maybe , but not now.

You become an emperor as soon as your the ruler of an empire, if miring has a different king other then Erik, but still is under Erik's rule, then that makes Erik an emperor.  I didn't call him Erik the Conqueror or Erik the Great.

and once again beaten to the punch.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: August 19, 2011, 01:20:20 pm »

Erik is going to remain "King" until Elbreth grows too large to maintain a hold on some places without having them remain a Kingdom.

If Trubaldsome had been given Miring officially, it would have been as a duchy. In that event, the most concession Erik would have made with him would have been to let him keep the title of "Prince" for his line.

Suul was going to be crushed next, but the Zimtar raiders cut to the front of the line for that display in the court room.

After the Archbishop's display of power in Suul I'd be very cautious about bringing any conflict to them. At least until we can rebuild our sapped strength.

The Ztah raiders are a different story, just bring enough flammable liquid to pour into their cave then seal the entrance ;)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: August 19, 2011, 01:20:57 pm »

Who plays Drua?

If she doesn't know anything about Mahtan, then I need to find some other mission.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: August 19, 2011, 01:23:55 pm »

"An empire is a state with political and military dominion of populations who are culturally and ethnically distinct from the imperial (ruling) ethnic group and its culture" I wouldn't call the citizens miring ethnically distinct from Elbreth
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: August 19, 2011, 01:26:33 pm »

Yeah, but an emperor must be more than a person who delivers a royal whooping to all his neighbours. Its a title that signifies that you are above ordinary royals, that you enjoy a mandate to rule over more than one nation. So yeah, until Erik rules over a country of 1 million square miles its not gonna happen.
Call centre: I know that feel bro, I did that work myself some time ago,

Iituem: In regards to any businesses and enterprises, do they pay any tax? I mean if i were to open a trade guild or an iron foundry, would I pay tax or would my business automatically incerase trade taxes for the region?; i.e if a trade guild makes 4 ducats a year, do I have to pay something off these 4 ducats or do I get net 4 ducats and there is a bonus tax for the region? I am asking to make sure that any businesses that are open are of an actual benefit and that any lord or king are actually willing to accomodate and encourage economy. From what i know a lot of royals were handing out trade privileges and monopolies with an aim of future tax incerases and so on.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: August 19, 2011, 01:29:28 pm »

Yeah, but an emperor must be more than a person who delivers a royal whooping to all his neighbours. Its a title that signifies that you are above ordinary royals, that you enjoy a mandate to rule over more than one nation. So yeah, until Erik rules over a country of 1 million square miles its not gonna happen.
Call centre: I know that feel bro, I did that work myself some time ago,

Iituem: In regards to any businesses and enterprises, do they pay any tax? I mean if i were to open a trade guild or an iron foundry, would I pay tax or would my business automatically incerase trade taxes for the region?; i.e if a trade guild makes 4 ducats a year, do I have to pay something off these 4 ducats or do I get net 4 ducats and there is a bonus tax for the region? I am asking to make sure that any businesses that are open are of an actual benefit and that any lord or king are actually willing to accomodate and encourage economy. From what i know a lot of royals were handing out trade privileges and monopolies with an aim of future tax incerases and so on.
Wouldn't taxes be up to whoever controls the land you business exists in?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: August 19, 2011, 01:29:42 pm »

Who plays Drua?

If she doesn't know anything about Mahtan, then I need to find some other mission.

Mahtan has met these people:
The king
Trubaldsome briefly and probably doesn't remember him
Locanil but there was some mix up stuff with what he did that got changed a lot so that canonnily may of never actually happened.
Kaguro, who's been missing for about a week

Drua is played by little, who hasn't been on in a while, and we have not met.

None of those people would know where I am.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: August 19, 2011, 01:32:14 pm »

If you don't know something, ask GM. That way everyone is happy.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: August 19, 2011, 01:33:16 pm »

After the Archbishop's display of power in Suul I'd be very cautious about bringing any conflict to them. At least until we can rebuild our sapped strength.

The Ztah raiders are a different story, just bring enough flammable liquid to pour into their cave then seal the entrance ;)

We need to hear about the Archbishop's display of power before we can start to consider attacking them a bad idea :P
But I think we have Suul trumped in pure military strength. If Manskinner survives, we'll have him on our side. We'll have the Cyclist order working from the inside and outside of Suul. And then we'll have Elbreth's power (now supplemented by Miring and Preston's manpower and gold). Assuming the Mask is any good at his job (and if Terenos survives, if Terenos is as good at leading infiltrators as he is at being one), and Kain stays on his toes, we should be able to wrestle the espionage aspect of war from Suul's grip.

Finally, we'll just have to change up our tactics a little so as to prevent the Archbishop from using his observations during this war against us.

I don't know how we'll deal with the raiders, but I imagine having a small corp of adventurers and map-makers coming in and out of their cave won't be too good for keeping them hidden. We might even be able to get Suul to aid us in destroying them if someone brings us word of their captive Suulian farmers.

In regards to Erik becoming an emperor: It will probably happen when Erik takes over the Hatcuri Nation.

Ashton is right about business taxes: They're based on whoever owns the land your business is based on/in. As it hasn't come up yet, Elbreth has no special laws for that yet. And since you're in Miring, you'll probably be able to get away with a year or two of work before whoever is Duke even has enough control over the populace to start requiring all businesses to be registered or whatever.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: August 19, 2011, 01:37:21 pm »

Ok. that must sound really boring, but when you open up a business, you better know your commercial laws, even ina fantasy world.

Also if Suul were to fall, are Cyclists going to re-christen the cathedral as their own? It would be interesting to see the Grandmaster turing into cardinal. and we know what cardinals do....

Knave will probably end up being Thomas Moore or Richelieu.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 634