Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289498 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #975 on: August 18, 2011, 11:24:10 pm »

Pfffft. I'm just annoyed that Adwarf raided my port before I could... I assumed it was looted of everything but the ships. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:28 pm »

No cash. Few troops. I dont even have to attack, and given Adwarfs actions,I am reconsidering it. Stand down yoink. Its the only profitable way forward.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »

I have the largest vessel in the known seas

At a bare minimum, i'm going to park myself outside, wait for the dust to settle, and make a killing selling Grain to a sieged city

At the maximum? I'm leaving with new toys - Fair trade: Grain for a warship (or 2)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: August 18, 2011, 11:31:00 pm »

Course, hes still backing me in the fight. Due to his vendetta against Miring. Good times that.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: August 18, 2011, 11:32:00 pm »

Pfffft. I'm just annoyed that Adwarf raided my port before I could... I assumed it was looted of everything but the ships. ::)

Port Sleen has a tax value of 11. Adwarf took off with 3 ducats I think? Looks like there's still quite a bit of booty to be had ;)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: August 18, 2011, 11:35:20 pm »

He can loot it if he wants, but he'll never make it out of the city. So Elbreth will get the ducats back
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 18, 2011, 11:37:44 pm »

And I think his people will look poorly on him raiding their port.

Course if he does that, I'll just sink his navy and back away.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:21 pm »

...What people? Taric pretty much killed them all, bar the unruly mob taking shelter in the castle. :( Besides, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, given that it's their only real hope of survival.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 18, 2011, 11:49:15 pm »

...What people? Taric pretty much killed them all, bar the unruly mob taking shelter in the castle. :( Besides, I'm sure they wouldn't mind, given that it's their only real hope of survival.

yeah given that their only choice is 'borrowing' the supplies in the port or get put to the sword by Taric, I don't think they'd mind that much.

Trubaldsome can always flee on the ships with yl Marchis to the Storm Coast :)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53:06 pm »

Nothing but losing options. He loots the port..Then does..what? Upgrades his troops? Enough to force Taricus to withdraw and theres no means to pay his upkeep. Leave enough to pay his upkeep and our joint attack should work.

You flee to the sea, well, thats not going to be much of an option. I'm right here...And the odds are +6 to +2, in my favor. Best case scenario, I lose 2 warships to sink the remnants of the Miring Navy. Worst case scenario, no losses for me.
Surrender you damn vainglorious fool!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 19, 2011, 12:06:39 am »

I'm gonna wait for Hellhound to reply before I do anything more... Also that gives me time to think.

EDIT: Also, what are Erik's views on warcrimes? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 19, 2011, 02:03:19 am »

Noah...really...you are going to be playing with fire twice over...once by summoning a demon and the second time by attacking Lonemine, and if you sack it...Kain ins't going to be to happy....
I am only going near lonemine in case the demon goes crazy
I won't attack lonemine but the demon might MUHAHAHAHA

Aye, I really doubt a spell-caster would just so happen to be hiding in the cave, I know the ztah tribes usually have one, but there's no mention of him at all. I would have thought he would be somewhere high up on the tribe's social "ladder".
More like on a seperate social ladder.
People respect them but also fear them.

Summon the elementalists indeed... If wizards were that common, the world would be torn in two long ago.

Wizards are rare Noah, you either have to look for them or they come to you. Do these elementalists even obey the magic rules since they are npc's?
The Zacmar don't belive in magic only insanely complicated rituals to summon demons that require Quadruple checks to give a chance of summoning them and three elementalists to do it even remotely safely, then the demon will want something before they even consider listening, then after listening they will ask a price for doing it.
I.e. they aren't wizards they just know how make Element Demons visable without magic.
Element demons are nowhere near as powerful as regular demons.
3 checks for if each person did the work properly then one for if the demon shows up
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 02:25:10 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 19, 2011, 02:14:46 am »

Yep, it'll attack Lonemine... After tearing it's way through your guys. :P
At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about right now: Demon invasions! Hooray! Suddenly it doesn't look so bleak!
Booze is Life for Yoink

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 19, 2011, 02:17:28 am »

Yep, it'll attack Lonemine... After tearing it's way through your guys. :P
At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about right now: Demon invasions! Hooray! Suddenly it doesn't look so bleak!
After tearing through 4 people?
Well at least i won't get blamed some old lady will be called a witch and get blamed
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 19, 2011, 03:27:49 am »

Because you're weak. And because youtried to declare independence with nothing?
Tell you what. This would be the time to surrender. Im sure you can still wrangle -something- out of King Erik since Taricus slaughtered your people.

But keep on like this, and its going to end in your death. Maybe not this attack, but you cannot possibly survive whats coming next.

I know I'm supposed to be neutral, but surrendering to Taric is even more definite suicide than trying to fight.  If he can fight you to a standstill, he has at least a chance of negotiating with King Erik from a position of semi-strength for a vassalage agreement.  If he surrenders, Taric will execute him and Aulon - the whole genocide thing speaks somewhat against his sense of honour.

Trubaldsome pretty much has to fight now, because it's his only chance of survival against that kind of enemy.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 634