Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289547 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #945 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:03 pm »

..Say Dwarfinton? Not to reveal Iituem's plans or anything but..You're a large territory with limited military strength. Sure you've been sapping the strength of everyone but guess what?

Attacking right now? Bad. Defending? Less bad. Yer likely losing some land.
Unless I miss my guess and this was totally just an innocuous request for your status cause he hasnt been keeping up. But I wouldnt trust him.

And..According to quantum theory..Theres every chance that fire is out already...Also Iituem, we cant end the year.. Ghazkull's still trapped by flame!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:57 pm »

How do you plan on getting money in Suul? There's currently a large fire and Manskinner is trying to start riots, unless I'm in the wrong place which I might be. I'm a bit tired and my memory about the situation there isn't that good.

Actually, that's not a terrible idea.  He could trade in the ship.  Suul would probably give him a normal light warship and 1.5d for his trouble.  Of course this would then put him back in his starting position, so that might not be an ideal situation for him.

When I do the year end post (if Ghazkull hasn't replied), the archers will attack him in Suul - one way or another, that will get resolved.

Edit:  And sometimes people can just downright surprise me.  Looting the port is actually a viable strategy, due to the sea raider upgrade, and one I hadn't even considered.  Well played.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05:14 pm »

My new action shoudl get me the funds then when I team up with CG I get his help in setting up the Pirate haven (I want to look for an island to make it on, or cove with a well hidden entrance to build it there.), and have him covering the Upkeep costs, so we will both benefit me supplying him with trade goods, and my men not mutinying

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 18, 2011, 08:09:15 pm »

..Say Dwarfinton? Not to reveal Iituem's plans or anything but..You're a large territory with limited military strength. Sure you've been sapping the strength of everyone but guess what?

Unless I miss my guess and this was totally just an innocuous request for your status cause he hasnt been keeping up. But I wouldnt trust him.

And..According to quantum theory..Theres every chance that fire is out already...Also Iituem, we cant end the year.. Ghazkull's still trapped by flame!

The McKinleys are severely weakened right now, and if the Munros attack they'll first have to approach Jormundur's land which Endhras is currently in. So if I'm attacked by the east I'll be warned. If I'm attacked by the west, which I probably won't be since I'm hitting them, then my forces are already out there.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:12:58 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 18, 2011, 08:21:11 pm »

You should beware of overextending yourself. It's one of the most dangerous things that a kingdom can do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 18, 2011, 08:23:03 pm »

A little from column A, a little from column B.  I've been keeping careful track of the McKinley finances since the start of the year, just in case this happened.  I was going to hold back until the new year for a couple of extra upgrades with the added tax income, but frankly this was just too good an opportunity to miss.

The McKinleys are severely weakened right now.

They weren't.  They just looked weak.  The art of warfare is deception, so they threw disposable infantry after disposable infantry away to get you to whittle down your forces whilst they annexed all the little tribes that were afraid of you.  They could not have pulled this off, or at least would not have risked it, had you not gotten down to a single unit and made it easy.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:25:37 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 18, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »

Whew! Nice raid Adwarf. We'll be taxing you if we see you though. 1 Ducat...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 18, 2011, 08:27:50 pm »

"It's a tra-"
Ha...

Anyway, crap, I should've been more careful. But at least I still have 2 more parcels of land than before Corv left. It just adds to the fun of taking it back.

Also, nice raid adwarf. Hope you manage to actually create the haven, it would be pretty cool to have one.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:37:10 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 18, 2011, 08:30:06 pm »

I love his name. Brilliant gm'ing.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 18, 2011, 08:34:08 pm »

Warned you. I warned ye but did ya listen to me? No.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 18, 2011, 08:34:46 pm »

The other added bonus of when the new year rolls around is that we'll get at least 3 free regiments just from personal guards as long as we're all allowed to raise them. Having some money will also be nice. I still really want to capture some slaves, I need them so I can finish my stupid training.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 18, 2011, 08:35:06 pm »

Booyah JACK POT !

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 18, 2011, 08:35:40 pm »

Cue charge of angry manskinner troops :P

And Adwarf? Why are you trading an Upgraded? ship for a basic one?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:19 pm »

Cue charge of angry manskinner troops :P

And Adwarf? Why are you trading an Upgraded? ship for a basic one?
The Upkeep is less, adn I need the money, but once I have land I will upgrade the warship for at the moment the cost of it really isn't worth keeping it since I cna get a cheaper ship, and conserve money to hire men, and build up some land so I ahev some income.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 18, 2011, 08:43:40 pm »

My god, you have just mangled the English language. Oh well.

And how, pray tell, will you be able to get this land with just 1 regiment? You saw what happened with the manskinner troops. People will not be impressed with a pirate taking land. How will you defend it?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 634