Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289554 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #930 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:41 pm »

True. Just buy the grain off of him.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: August 18, 2011, 07:39:59 pm »

Short update.  I need to get enough sleep, but I should have time to do the year end in the morning or tomorrow afternoon (my time).  This should also give the defenders enough time to respond, because after all the manoeuvering done today I would feel extremely dickish if I ran the fight before they even had a chance to react.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 18, 2011, 07:41:46 pm »

Not like they have much they can do. They can -attempt- to cut a deal with me on the seas. And if I don't make a signal of some kind..Well...Taricus wont attack.

Also Adwarf, if you put up a white flag, your ship will not be destroyed, and allowed to leave.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:06 pm »

I am bailing before you get there, but my ship will be sailing a white flag just in case, so that we cna get to the coast outside of Eelspine easily.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: August 18, 2011, 07:44:18 pm »

Eelspine has a coast? DIBS!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:29 pm »

I am bailing before you get there, but my ship will be sailing a white flag just in case, so that we cna get to the coast outside of Eelspine easily.

Excellent.  You still can't afford your upkeep for the year end.  Figure out something or your ship will mutiny.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: August 18, 2011, 07:49:59 pm »

Excellent.  You still can't afford your upkeep for the year end.  Figure out something or your ship will mutiny.
I am going to grab some land down near Eelspine on the coast to cover the costs, but will I ahve time to do that ?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:23 pm »

Adwarf, you have no money. Why are you trying to create a safe haven for pirates when your crew is on the brink of mutiny? Even if you get to your destination you cannot create what you want.

Even if you manage to grab land I doubt you'll be able to get three parcels, especially when the Ztah Raiders and Elberethian forces are in the area.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:49 pm »

Hire yourself out to Trubaldsome he'll pay you to defend his coast :P

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: August 18, 2011, 07:53:10 pm »

Grabbing 3 parcels of land at once is a -3 check.  It is actually impossible to do on a normal RtD roll unless you roll a 6, which also means you'll be facing some sort of unexpected peril.

So.. technically your plan could work, but it's rather more likely to leave you stranded on a beach somewhere.

Edit:  Out of curiosity, Dwarfinton, what's the current state of forces in Manskinner's land?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:54:46 pm by Iituem »

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:06 pm »

Well, if he manages to grab two parcels of land and rolls to see if he can keep his crew from mutiny he should be alright. If he gets a positive outcome on each roll.

We have one regiment. I'm hoping for slaves so I can get more soldiers.

Edit: Wait, did you mean the entire thing. Like land, soldiers, etc? If you did sorry. If not I'll post it anyway, since I need to post it somewhere.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:17:35 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: August 18, 2011, 07:56:20 pm »

Perhaps you can just steal from a merchant of some kind, or if you are desperate, attack terenos from behind when he is fighting.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: August 18, 2011, 07:57:10 pm »

Well I will head to Suul, and find a way to get money, but I cna't risk staying in Miring anymore, so I will get funds there, adn if my crew Mutinys then atleast I get stranded in a town not a deserted coast place.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:03 pm »

How do you plan on getting money in Suul? There's currently a large fire and Manskinner is trying to start riots, unless I'm in the wrong place which I might be. I'm a bit tired and my memory about the situation there isn't that good.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:56 pm »

You are correct.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 634