Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289617 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #870 on: August 18, 2011, 03:43:11 pm »

Hey Iituem what would a Crusade do?

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 18, 2011, 03:46:13 pm »

What kind of regiment would I have when the McHales join me? Berserker regiment? Regular infantry regiment? You said psychotic claymore-wielding so I'm currently assuming berserker.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 18, 2011, 03:48:29 pm »

With Preston alone we've effectively doubled our tax income despite the naval captain not paying taxes and the minor nobles still holding land. As we don't currently have Miring, I will be working out the new tax system based on the idea that most duchies will have around 18 ducats of taxes each year (and thus will be taxing their nobles the same way the Archduchy of Elbreth has been).

E: Most of these funds come from the port and city. Preston doesn't have nearly as much land as Elbreth does.
With that in mind, if we raise our urban and market potential and build a bunch of towns and markets which we later upgrade Elbreth could become an economic heavyweight.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:50:29 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 18, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »

Hey Iituem what would a Crusade do?

Mechanically I haven't the slightest idea, but politically it would be a casus belli for attacking a heathen state.  Since technically Cyclicism and Orthodoxy seem to be divergent sects of the same religion (unless Knave has a serious objection to that) you couldn't declare an actual Crusade on Orthodox nations.  You could try and purge them of heresy, which would probably incur some political ramifications but still not as bad as attacking unprovoked.

I pay attention to the casus belli* being used, and so do neighbouring states like Brighthall.  Large, powerful neighbouring states.

*Casus belli is both the plural and singular form, as it turns out.  I thought it might be casus bellorum, but that would be incorrect latin grammar.

What kind of regiment would I have when the McHales join me? Berserker regiment? Regular infantry regiment? You said psychotic claymore-wielding so I'm currently assuming berserker.

Oh, even better: Heavy Berserker.  The McHales are batshit insane.

Edit:  I seriously need to get in an hour of rehearsal.  I'll rebalance the markets afterwards and fix those posts.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:53:52 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 18, 2011, 03:52:51 pm »

With Preston alone we've effectively doubled our tax income despite the naval captain not paying taxes and the minor nobles still holding land. As we don't currently have Miring, I will be working out the new tax system based on the idea that most duchies will have around 18 ducats of taxes each year (and thus will be taxing their nobles the same way the Archduchy of Elbreth has been).

E: Most of these funds come from the port and city. Preston doesn't have nearly as much land as Elbreth does.
With that in mind, if we raise our urban and market potential and build a bunch of towns and markets which we later upgrade Elbreth could become an economic heavyweight.

I planned on adding to Lonemine and Making it the center of all the Iron Smelting in the region.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 18, 2011, 03:55:55 pm »

I am a handsome young man. :P
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 18, 2011, 03:56:16 pm »

Good to hear it, Filius.

I'm currently trying to decide if we should try and colonize more of the Eelspine (And thus turn the Eelspine Province into a Duchy all its own), or if we should instead focus on just upgrading what lands we've got...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In regards to Elbreth and the Suulian Orthodoxy: It's safe to assume that Erik, and perhaps his father (and even Grand Father!) were not crowned by the Archbishop. While it's possible that further back in Elbreth's past Kings were crowned in such a way, it's a tradition that would appear to have fallen out of use over time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:04:20 pm by thatkid »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 18, 2011, 03:58:23 pm »

I'd do it if I were to become Eelspine's duke.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 18, 2011, 04:01:26 pm »

Yeah, Thatkid? Remove that "Duke of Preston" To-be, from beside my name. Theres no guarantee I'll survive this suicidal idiocy. And secondly..

My Loyalty is in question.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 18, 2011, 04:04:06 pm »

Aaalriiighty

E: Last I checked, Erik doesn't even know what Trubaldsome and Aulon areis up too...
EE: Grand master's letter mentioned Trubaldsome but not Aulon.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:08:45 pm by thatkid »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 18, 2011, 04:09:25 pm »

Aaalriiighty

E: Last I checked, Erik doesn't even know what Trubaldsome and Aulon are up too...

Yeah, I've sent a letter stating they've left. (Actually I might have forgot to mention Aulon) But I think you've been busy with the bandits and not received it yet.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2011, 04:11:09 pm »

I'd do it if I were to become Eelspine's duke.

Fat chance buddy. Your going up agianst the person who is responsible for finding TRATIORS.  I could frame you six ways to sunday for treason in a moment.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2011, 04:14:24 pm »

Boy, you kill me and you'll neck deep in traitors...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 18, 2011, 04:19:05 pm »

Boy, you kill me and you'll neck deep in traitors...
What...That don't make no sense. Ill be neck deep in traitors, how?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 18, 2011, 04:22:16 pm »

I really don't think the army would appreciate me being offed due to politics...
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 634