Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289632 times)

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #840 on: August 18, 2011, 02:51:18 pm »

What does the preston navy consist of? I'm trying to keep my army list-thing up to date here.
Also, will we be getting taxes from Preston this new year? How much land do we have from that and etc.etc.?

My action this turn is to figure out the status of Preston, hopefully we'll get a few ducats but I raided the port to upgrade the army and Taric/Terenos raided the city which accounts for the majority of Preston's income.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 18, 2011, 02:53:29 pm »

This is fine. A two pronged attack works perfectly. And it shall be DONE.
At the very least this will split their forces, And I will be negating structure bonuses because I'm attacking from the sea.
Not much Thatkid. Afterall, Knave was so kind as to allow the nobles to keep their titles and land. I reckon we'll see what you get, when the year is updated.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 18, 2011, 02:56:03 pm »

I'll be storming the walls, per usual.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 18, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »

I figured as much.

In any case, barring some kind of horrible new-years roll, we'll be getting 18 ducats in taxes from what we've already got and that should more than cover any regiments who's upkeeps can't be paid going into the new year. Naturally the Crown is willing to cover the cost in a time of war.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 18, 2011, 02:58:51 pm »

Oh, that's nice of Erik :P

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:23 pm »

Reposted because a new page happened whilst I was editing it:

Preston's navy consists of 3 warships (I think, I need to check the thread in case I miscounted).  Miring's consists of 2 because Terenos deliberately lost both carracks to attrition and the privateers split (not wanting to become further targets of Terenos' ambitions).

Preston won't provide any tax from its urban (8d/year) or port (6d/year) revenues because they were looted to fund the war.  The Crown takes 2 parcels of land directly, so it will receive 2d from tax, and the remaining 6 parcels of land are under 5 minor nobles that have chosen to swear fealty to you.  You will receive 2d vassal tax from them, but one of them (the Admiral) is going to withhold his vassal tax because he still believes Terenos had the authority to grant him the exemption.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 18, 2011, 03:00:55 pm »

Alright. I'll work on updating my list.

I can wait for information on their trade goods and whatnot, as that's not as urgent at the moment.
Also, working on a rewrite of Elbreth's tax policies as a Kingdom. As a duchy, it will likely remain the same. By this I mean duchies will be paying taxes to the King directly, while the smaller guys within their duchies only have to pay taxes as the Duke sees fit (obviously he'll want enough to repay the King and then some). Since Elbreth is an Archduchy ruled by Archduke Erik, people will continue to pay half their parcels of land in ducats each year.

Erik is only paying the upkeep on behalf of nobles who can't pay it themselves. If kaguro's regiments weren't reduced to 1 he'd have payed two ducats in that regard, for example. So he'll probably only be paying for Terenos and Manning.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:03:44 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01:57 pm »

This is fine. A two pronged attack works perfectly. And it shall be DONE.
At the very least this will split their forces, And I will be negating structure bonuses because I'm attacking from the sea.
Not much Thatkid. Afterall, Knave was so kind as to allow the nobles to keep their titles and land. I reckon we'll see what you get, when the year is updated.

Since you're conducting an amphibious attack, things will work a little differently.  You will have to beat their two warships before you can physically land either of your regiments, so that will happen in a short pre-battle naval fight.  You have the naval advantage, but if your ships sink you risk losing regiments.  (Since you're close to shore, I'll do a roll as to whether any regiments lost from sinking ships survive - same will apply to future port battles.)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 18, 2011, 03:03:13 pm »

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if king Eric ever was actually successfully assassinated.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 18, 2011, 03:03:36 pm »

Civil war over the throne, I believe.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: August 18, 2011, 03:05:00 pm »

Bad things would happen to the man who did it, carried out by Kain. I would enforce Kara's reign, and protect her, i would help her reclaim the land lost to warring nobles and such.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:06:44 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 18, 2011, 03:05:56 pm »

Hmm... I wonder what would happen if king Eric ever was actually successfully assassinated.

This is why King Erik should name an heir.

Or Marry Drua. She was married to Chicane so should have flimsy claim on Miring. Perfect!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 18, 2011, 03:07:07 pm »

Civil war over the throne, I believe.
I figured as much but how wold that civil war change everything? Who would be dominant and all the rest...
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 18, 2011, 03:08:14 pm »

Dominant would be whoevers side Taric and Terenos are on. Some players would probably be killed or badly mangeled.

He should marry Drua and get a son.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09:39 pm »

Who, Terenos or Eric?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 634