Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289986 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #300 on: August 16, 2011, 07:03:50 am »

I can't help but notice that Elbreth is turing quite dystopian. you got invasions of neighbouring countries, assasinations, executions, powerful bandits and renegades roaming the land and constant plotting.
And that is why I love this so much.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2011, 07:27:37 am »

I can't believe I forgot the maps...Dang. Although now I can go again in a few weeks and they'll (hopefully) be like "You're praying again?".

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 16, 2011, 07:34:11 am »

I can't help but notice that Elbreth is turing quite dystopian. you got invasions of neighbouring countries, assasinations, executions, powerful bandits and renegades roaming the land and constant plotting.
Sounds like the average dark age kingdom to me.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 16, 2011, 07:43:18 am »

Sounds like the average dark age kingdom to me.

That was pretty much the plan from the get-go, as I was following You are Lord's lead.  The fact that I'd been playing a lot of EU3 before the thread started helped as well.  Update later today, as I have rehearsals during the day.

During this update, I'll even get around to dealing with Ardas' action!

Edit:  And maybe proposing some decent rules on merchant adventures.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 16, 2011, 07:43:40 am »

Ever heard of Ctrl+Z? Pressing them undoes your last action whilst typing (or anything really), including if for instance online. At least in google chrome it undoes the last typing thing you did anyway, and you can do it repeatedly by the looks... Ctrl+Y is redo

IE doesn't usually save your text if you accidentally leave the page, so. (Cue 'durr lol you use Internet Explorer fail')

In any case, I rewrote it now. Duchy of Vasir, enjoy.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 16, 2011, 07:44:33 am »

durr lol you use Internet Explorer fail
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:40 am »

Indeed.

I rather enjoy making those little infoboxes. And writing wiki articles, it seems.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #307 on: August 16, 2011, 07:45:59 am »

Trubaldsome's trail rations.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 16, 2011, 07:50:46 am »

Ever heard of Ctrl+Z? Pressing them undoes your last action whilst typing (or anything really), including if for instance online. At least in google chrome it undoes the last typing thing you did anyway, and you can do it repeatedly by the looks... Ctrl+Y is redo

IE doesn't usually save your text if you accidentally leave the page, so. (Cue 'durr lol you use Internet Explorer fail')

In any case, I rewrote it now. Duchy of Vasir, enjoy.

I like, very much.  I'll expand the map when a mapping expedition happens (since we have three different cartographers playing now!), but the Storm Coast is going to end up looking a lot like the pre-Netherlands north-western coast of Europe.  Dozens of small, rich city states embroiled in constant struggle, of which Vasir will be just one.  This should be more important when I figure out how we're going to do merchant adventures without it getting too damn complex (the original setup qould have been fantastic for a computer game, but not for something manually GMed).

Edit:  Not to mention needing to incorporate Locanil's map.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 16, 2011, 07:51:26 am »

Oh god... I go to sleep and seven new pages... Is it like that all the time? For the poll... B.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:42 am »

@ King_of_the_weasels: Heh, sounds about right...

Someone should sign up to play Trubaldsome's paraplegic brother! Many zany hijinks would doubtless ensue. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:56 am »

Thanks Iituem. A lot of time has passed, so I would assume that the journey and my trade thing I planned happened with no problem, but your are the boss here, so I will go with whatever you say.
Also, there's a lot of trouble brewing in Miring, so my "hardware" shipment should fetch a lot.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2011, 08:07:00 am »

..Goddamnit, I -just- occupied that. Trubaldsome!!!!! This is not going to end well for you. Are we really going to make it 3 kings of Miring i've taken out?
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 16, 2011, 08:09:23 am »

Heh, Looks like round two is on the table. PERCY!, I SHALL SEE YOU DEAD BEFORE YOU'LL EVER BENEFIT FROM MIRING'S THRONE!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:32 am »

^^I bet he's regretting leaving Aulon behind now.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 634