Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289892 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2011, 05:41:08 pm »

Yes. My apologies, I didn't see your post.
Will reply in a minute.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »

Ah the life of being a hedge knight I'm kinda lucky that I survived though.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 15, 2011, 06:41:40 pm »

Elfeater, to answer your question:
Sheepstead began as a herding village. While we've had an influx of trade, and some chaos in the form of bickering nobles, it hasn't really grown that much. If it was filled with gangs and strife, then the King would be dealing with it, but for the most part it's pretty lawful. Laws are also pretty relaxed in Elbreth, though.

There are not roaming gangs and rampant violence and the like, but with a city of its size there are at least a few small groups of thugs and seedy sections with pick-pockets and the like. You probably ran afoul of one of the very few 'real' gangs in Sheepstead, in fact.
I'd probably liken the climate to something similar to the Imperial City in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Most of it is pretty lawful, and the palace guard frequently can be found wandering the streets preventing crime (though much less so in these times of war, and so that's probably why there's actually an organized crime element now), but there are a few sections, mostly on the outskirts, where the impoverished live and as with any impoverished group there's bound to be crime.
So, working off of someone else's post regarding Sheepstead...
Sheepstead forms a massive, sprawling circle around the palace of Elbreth. The streets are narrow, and haphazard which can create a bewildering sensation for newcomers and likely causes a lot of people to get lost.

At the center is the palace, which is not in any way a defensive structure.

Just outside the palace is where the rich merchants and noblemen live and work. Here the streets aren't necessarily clean, but the houses are fairly large -- possible two stories -- and the people are snobby and well-dressed. There might be a tavern that's frequented by the rich. There is a blacksmith here who has a suit of steel chainmail that has somehow been dyed black on display -- it isn't for sale.

Just outside of that little circle is a large circle for the middle class city folk. Here the people wear tunics and britches, they're not necessarily rich but none of them are starving either. Lowly merchants, apothecaries, craftsmen, regular blacksmiths and the like can be found here. There are a few taverns scattered throughout, and the ale tastes like piss but it's a safe place to go and drink. You're likely to run into a few off-duty soldiers in whichever one is closest to the palace.

Just outside of that is where the poorer peasantry live, and that's where you'll find crime. Here are the sort of people who do whatever is necessary to get by, and they've built a sort of shanty town. It's not particularly overgrown though. Many of them work as farmhands outside of Sheepstead. Here you will find two or three run down dives where people regularly go to drink.

And just outside that is open fields and hills, filled with farms and grazing land.

There might be a few mercenaries around, you'll have to look around.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 15, 2011, 06:49:36 pm »

And what of this Preston town? I saw the battle we won, what's that about?
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 15, 2011, 06:51:57 pm »

Jesus Christ on a popsicle!
This Game is getting huge...
So i'm guessing the old Lore that i wrote is in?
And what about the Northland God, Samhain?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 15, 2011, 06:53:22 pm »

Who's we, Hedge Knight? You're a jumped up thug. And should be exceptionally careful.
Yknow why? Cause King Erik didn't grant you any guards, or any permissions.. And is very likely watching your actions.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2011, 06:54:33 pm »

Who's we, Hedge Knight? You're a jumped up thug. And should be exceptionally careful.
Yknow why? Cause King Erik didn't grant you any guards, or any permissions.. And is very likely watching your actions.
We as in our country

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2011, 07:32:50 pm »

Ugh...
I just uploaded a file to the wikia called "You are king.png" without realizing that would be the file name.
I don't suppose anyone knows how to change it?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:11 pm »

Spoiler: Map to Date (click to show/hide)

Spent far too long and did too many revisions before I got a map I was happy with.  In general I've been spending too much time on this and I've got a deadline fast approaching that I seriously need to work on.  Don't get annoyed if I'm not on much the next few days - I have important RL things to be doing and spending hours working on this is seriously harming my ability to get them done.

Filius: Yes, old religion lore is canon.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2011, 07:56:38 pm »

Why the obsession with sheep? I mean all the sheep names in Elbreth
Edit: great map btw

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2011, 07:57:11 pm »

Main export of Elbreth province is wool.  Shepherding is pretty much the backbone of their entire economy.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2011, 07:58:14 pm »

Pimp. I peruse and edit it and then post it up on the wiki after i get done with the Rusted Pick tavern Page and My Char page.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2011, 07:59:05 pm »

Main export of Elbreth province is wool.  Shepherding is pretty much the backbone of their entire economy.
Oh okay  and will I really be killed for extortion?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2011, 08:01:19 pm »

If kain gets ahold of you, you will.

What About The god named Samhain?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2011, 08:03:18 pm »

If kain gets ahold of you, you will.

What About The god named Samhain?
Who's Kain?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 634