Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 631 632 [633] 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286308 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9480 on: March 10, 2012, 12:04:26 pm »

Wow.

I can't really engage in a prolonged discussion here. I only came back because Taricus asked me too. I was giving the game another chance. And now it starts all over again with you. Don't know what I did to draw your ire, CG, but I'm not bothering arguing about it anymore. Pat yourself on the back, I'm leaving.

@SC: Uh, you know the story with my comp right now. If you want, I'm giving you permission to retire my character-alongside yours, if you're finished playing as well. I'm sure you can make a good ending for me/us. I don't have the time right now to make it worthwhile...

@Everyone: Ah, I'd like to say it was alot of fun guys. I'm sorry it ends this way-I'd have liked to see it to the end-but, it's not going to happen. Enjoyed playing with you all, Tari, Fili, Ardas, Tere. Keep on trucking and all that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9481 on: March 10, 2012, 12:12:38 pm »

Hopefully that gets fixed soon, Dwarmin. :\ I guess I'll just leave Pasha and Tala where they are, then. No point in writing anything further.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9482 on: March 10, 2012, 12:56:04 pm »

Dwarm: "A surprisingly deep game of politics, intrigue and feudal rule."

Anyone paying attention to the last few seasons in YAK will know why that applies as a response.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9483 on: March 10, 2012, 01:03:57 pm »

Dwamin's internet is dead and he's using the library every so often to post, so trying to argue with him is kind of futile, CG. Also, I don't get that response, unless it's meant to be 'make your own story.'
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9484 on: March 10, 2012, 01:28:04 pm »

Why does it matter so damn much!?!?

The RP between Dwarm/Tala and Sercon/Pasha doesn't require anything to be rolled or any work on the part of the GM. So it's not like it's more work on your part, or anybody's else's part. It's the only thing keeping the damn game alive through this doldrum!
So if you don't want to read through RP, then skip it and quit your goddamned bitching.

If they want to RP, let them. If you want them to do more actions, then give them something to react to, that's your job as the fucking GM. If they want to do an action or make an important statement, they'll bold it for your ease of rolling.

This bitching is starting to piss me off, you guys(PC's and GM's). Go the fuck out and do something if the game is getting boring. Instead of bitching at Dwarm and Sercon for keeping this thing afloat!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:29:38 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9485 on: March 10, 2012, 02:19:09 pm »

Also, I don't get that response, unless it's meant to be 'make your own story.'

He's saying that if D wanted to write up a twilight-esque story about two people who are in love and have absolutely not objectives or goals in life, he should have made his own game. Because YaK isn't that. YaK is supposed to have plot.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9486 on: March 10, 2012, 04:13:07 pm »

What we're supposed to have is people doing things, not talking for 10 pages then in OOC/IRC bitching nothing is happening. This is game pushed forward by players - if you wanna sit on your ass and chat/hump/whatever - that's your perogative. Just don't whine about it.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9487 on: March 12, 2012, 06:13:44 pm »

Well, it's not really my place, but I was thinking of playing again or at least trying to. But it's pretty apparent there is too much internal squabbling and the game isn't as thrilling as it was. So might I suggest simply ending You Are King II in favor of You Are King III? I realize basically everyone has become attached with their characters and such but this really went downhill when Iiteum left. Partly because the people that rolled for others wasn't really decided and partly because, now please don't take any offense, but the people that took over weren't as invested into maintaining order and such and the people that didn't took over tried to take over and such. This resulted in the meta-gaming that basically screwed YaK up a bit and now, because this game has been going on for a while, there appears to be little fun and large amounts of infighting.

I realize parts of what I say might be redundant but it is simply to get the point across. To get to the point of this, I suggest that YaK III is created in an entirely different continent in the world. Perhaps characters from YaK II can be met in YaK III and be controlled by either the people who are in charge or because of the players. Or you can simply keep playing in a not so fun forum game that has gone on for quite a while. Or you can choose to create another of the series of this forum games where you can all begin in a new kingdom and rise up to power, such as you have done in YaK II.

Or you can simply ignore this and such and continue playing, squabbling and such. Just giving my thoughts.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9488 on: March 15, 2012, 03:34:44 am »

In response to thatkid: Pasha does have goals. It's just that neither of them are things that run counter to how events are going or are controversial in the slightest. He wants Ligoria to be a free republic (it is) and he wants a family with Tala (already married her). As for sticking with him, I don't want to write an NPC Tala and I don't want to write around her either, that would just be awkward. Ardas and Shoot have made it abundantly clear they only formed the council as a token nod to the players of those characters and really don't want them in the politics of Ligoria at all, so writing for Pasha doing anything outside of the home is impossible as well - Nike and Kathos never ask him for help on anything.

As far as taking initiative myself, for one thing it would be out of character to have Pasha suddenly attempt a coup. He has no reason to. For another thing, it'd be a dumbass idea at best since he might have one regiment (I'm not really sure if he has that much, to be honest) and he'd be outnumbered against Ligoria's far superior forces. I'd let the Alanis family live in peace and just make a new character if I was sure that the person I followed wouldn't be paranoid about things - by which I mean expecting me to stab them in the back at all times, and then backstabbing me first. That's not how I roll. :\  Maybe I could just be a merchant or something.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9489 on: March 15, 2012, 09:56:32 am »

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
He wants Ligoria to be a free republic (it is).
It's not a republic, it's an oligarchy. The nobles on the council weren't elected or chosen by the people.

Why don't you work for William?
He's a lord (of a 25-30d state) now too and I would be glad to have you.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9490 on: March 15, 2012, 10:17:57 am »

Republic implies a collegial system of rule, like in Rome. Do not mistake it with democracy. Plenty of medieval republics existed without democracy by having nobles in a council, with council seats being hereditary or based on wealth.

A non democratic republic is an oligarchy, yes, but that is a technical descrption. An official name of a "Republic" is ok in this situation.

E: Republic in this case is a legal description of a system that is based on a collegial rule of nobles as opposed to a monarchy. Source of power is not democratic, but oligarchal, but the way that the country is run is republican.
USA is a republic in legal structure and not a democracy, but has democratic source of power within the republic. For example, president is elected by the electoral college rather than a popular vote, although that does sway the decision of the college. It is not an ultimate decision making tool however. there are other tihngs involved, but the key difference is that the wishes of the population are interpreted rather than being directly implemented.

Ergo, Ligoria is an oligarchal republic, like Ancient Rome or Venice.

Not important anymore, Niko's dead.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:13:53 pm by Ardas »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9491 on: March 15, 2012, 11:09:19 am »

Either way, it's going down.
:P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9492 on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:06 pm »

Well, that's quite a depressing turn of events. Politics and intrigue, indeed. He just pretty much randomly killed him during a board meeting, with no plotting whatsoever.

I'm tempted to jump back in the game and cause trouble for ol' Kathos!

@Ardas: You're not too annoyed about how it turned out, are you? Will you make another character?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9493 on: March 16, 2012, 03:25:20 pm »

DO IT DWARMIN!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.