Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286374 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9405 on: January 16, 2012, 02:36:07 pm »

a fief...or more or less i intended him as some second or third some of a noble serving Laythe, who travelled the world and when the message reached him that his older brother had died, he came back to take over the fief only to find that Laythe had been dethroned...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9406 on: January 16, 2012, 02:39:31 pm »

Suck up...heheheh.

Laythe is insane and doesn't treat her nobles very good...I wouldn't suggest working for her, seeing as you'll be kept down in the dirt with no room for advancement.
I mean she banished William for getting her a castle, free of charge, and getting her cheap as hell land.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9407 on: January 16, 2012, 02:42:01 pm »

And causing a not-so cheap possible reprisal.

And there's FALSE hope of advancement, more than you'll have in Ligoria's current regime.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9408 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:55 pm »

And causing a not-so cheap possible reprisal.

You were still going to seize the lands. AFTER THE INCIDENT. So Laythe basically banished Will for doing a job better then the diplomat.
Plus Laythe caused a forthcoming reprisal more then William ever did.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #9409 on: January 16, 2012, 02:49:42 pm »

It's not really worth arguing, seeing as how it's so incredibly far into the past. So why don't you both just drop it? :P

Anyways, the fact of the matter is that any nobleman who knows what they're doing would actively avoid working for Laythe. Because she's insane, there was a rebellion for a reason, and before she lost power it was pretty clear she didn't like to let nobles have any sort of leeway or ability.

Whether or not New Ligoria is better for nobles under the current unelected republic/oligarchy remains to be seen, but it's certainly true that anyone with the bargaining chips to force their way into the upper echelons has a good chance of making a name for themselves. Granted, that's pretty much always been the case hasn't it?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9410 on: January 16, 2012, 02:54:11 pm »

Well as i said before, he is just some really minor noble ( i would have said that his father possessed no more than a half or a quarter land unit) and more so he was travelling the past "insert number since Laythe has claimed the Throne and add 5" years and has no knowledge else that his fief is in possession of some Oligarchy now, who for sure won't give him back his parcel...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9411 on: January 16, 2012, 03:28:33 pm »

Oi, its Shoot and me who say what is going on in Ligoria. And I say that more nobles are welcome. We are waiting for Will to get back actually, so that his land and title can be returned to him after Laythe threw him out.
Autumn campaign is about to be commenced as well, as soon as we get season change (supposedly today) so we will have more land to go about. Oh, and all nobles get a seat in Assembly!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 03:30:36 pm by Ardas »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9412 on: January 16, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »

Also Laythe will try to turn you into a eunuch since she hates men, she's a horrible leader who doesn't know how people work at all, and the second she feels you threaten her position she'll kill you. Seriously. There's a reason there was a rebellion.

Oi, its Shoot and me who say what is going on in Ligoria. And I say that more nobles are welcome. We are waiting for Will to get back actually, so that his land and title can be returned to him after Laythe threw him out.
Autumn campaign is about to be commenced as well, as soon as we get season change (supposedly today) so we will have more land to go about. Oh, and all nobles get a seat in Assembly!

This brings me to another point. Does Taricus have GM powers anymore? Laythe isn't a queen, after all. Wouldn't Ardas / Shootandrun have the minor GM powers in his place?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9413 on: January 16, 2012, 03:51:40 pm »

Also Laythe will try to turn you into a eunuch since she hates men, she's a horrible leader who doesn't know how people work at all, and the second she feels you threaten her position she'll kill you. Seriously. There's a reason there was a rebellion.

Hey! That's only half true!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9414 on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:05 pm »

I don't want to know what part of it is true or which i find more depressing: either being turned into an eunuch or being killed because she feels threatened...

Name: Ortwin Bloodoak
Looks: a stick thin man with long well-kempt blonde hair. He is a bit larger than normal and has warm green eyes. He would be quite handsome if not for a scar that is reaching from his right mouth corner to his ear...or at least the place where his right ear should be.
Bio: Ortwin was the second son of Lord Derryn Bloodoak a Minor Noble in Ligoria. The Bloodoaks had been in Ligoria...well nobody knows anymore how long, it seemed like they had always been there and always had been tending to their small holdings. Ortwin, being the second son had no need to take over for his father and instead travelled the world. He had especially traversed the far east and the Lands of Elbereth and beyond into the West. Somewhere around a year ago the message of the death of his elder brother has reached him and so he made his way back to take over the Bloodoak family holdings...he has adopted many a strange habit from these foreign countries and his head is filled with ideas on how to modernize the system...although he should be rahter concerned about first getting back his families holdings...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9415 on: January 16, 2012, 05:43:51 pm »

This brings me to another point. Does Taricus have GM powers anymore? Laythe isn't a queen, after all. Wouldn't Ardas / Shootandrun have the minor GM powers in his place?

Wekll, Taricus didn't do much rolling, and I don't see myself as a GM in any capacity. I guess that Shoot could take that position if he wanted to, but being a ruler actually makes it harder for you to roll anything, since you have a stake in almost everything.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9416 on: January 17, 2012, 01:05:20 am »

Yeah, technically Tari loses the semi-GM status of not being a king

If shoot wants to roll things, it kinda leaves it to rolling for other GMs and events that have no bearing on yourself
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9417 on: January 17, 2012, 12:19:07 pm »

Do i have to wait for someone to approve that character or can i start right out?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9418 on: January 18, 2012, 03:30:19 pm »

Go for it Ghaz, assume you're starting in autumn though.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9419 on: January 20, 2012, 01:28:22 pm »

Yo, Ghazkull, were in the Storm Coast now, not the Mirish Coast.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 634