Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286535 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #9135 on: December 20, 2011, 10:33:25 pm »

How censored do you want it?
Total gore or implied?

Edit: Sorry for the double trouble post.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: December 21, 2011, 01:19:44 am »

And time to catch up - lets see if i forget anyone...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: December 22, 2011, 03:38:17 pm »

So, who's going to roll the civil war thingy? Cyber or Thatkid?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: December 22, 2011, 03:44:08 pm »

So, who's going to roll the civil war thingy? Cyber or Thatkid?
CG will do it once he's finished making a wallet out of duct tape.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: December 22, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »

((It is unbelievably hard to come up with something to do to a clan that thinks that killing your boss is the best way of gaining a promotion. I'm going to let the roller decide on this action, it can be whatever he/she wishes it to be.))

Hugo told your character as such-I suggest you roleplay it out with him and come up with something. heh.

In this case, the Double Noughts are already highly fragmented into multiple sub-gangs, but not stupid enough to be easily split so there enemies can destroy them. I did give you the Hacturi angle, but even that is a trade off that will require empowering them to the point where they openly challenge their leadership-will you trade one enemy for two, in the hopes they destroy each other?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: December 22, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »

CG has posted the civil war event if anyone's waiting.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: December 22, 2011, 06:30:20 pm »

Yeah, we are discussing it in the IRC. also cooking up a post and seeing if my council associates are around.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: December 23, 2011, 09:49:31 am »

So... any chance I can take a minor character in this?  Can't promise I'll be massively active, but if there might be an opening for, say, a rank and file soldier in the queen's bodyguard?

Edit:  Past habit of losing it with tirades notwithstanding, Terenos.  :P

Edit 2:  CG's neutrality is beyond question.  He's always played very professionally as a GM and player to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:19:52 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: December 23, 2011, 10:06:08 am »

I think you don't even have to ask Iituem. Jump in right ahead, but notify Nuke or CG that you are entering.

As for queen's bodyguard: you are in for a lot of fun....

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: December 23, 2011, 10:27:19 am »

Where 'fun' translates to a life expectancy of less than a month.

Anyway, yeah. We'd be hard pressed to deny you a position in a game you created.
Long Live United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: December 23, 2011, 11:03:44 am »

Yeah, the Fun aspect is why I chose it.  Seems like there's a major uprising on its way.  Character app below!

Name: John Thomas
Description: Age 35.  Average height, sandy hair and grey eyes.  Thin, with slender but powerful muscles.
Background: John Thomas was born the son of Matthew and Moira Thomas, a bricklayer and his wife.  Unschooled, John was trained in his father's craft from a young age and slowly but surely picked up the tricks of construction and masonry.  John did not grow up in the worst district of Ligoria, but he had more than his fair share of fights - largely owing to insults regarding his mother's infidelity.  Said insults were eventually proved correct, which led Matthew to murder Moira.  Shortly thereafter he was hanged and John inherited all of his father's debts.  Homeless and without a business to run, John took up jobbing bricklaying for a few years.  During this time he began drinking and gambling more heavily, to the point where he was regularly running up heavy debts and only by some strange run of luck was he able to pull them back with his winnings.

John was pulled out of this life by a recruiting wagon, the sergeant of whom was looking for fine young men to join Ligoria's forces.  John joined up and promptly got thrown into a minor war, half of which he spent honing his streetfighting skills with a pike and axe and half of which he spent putting his father's trade to use assisting the military engineers.  John grew to enjoy the life of a soldier far more than his prior one (moments of terror and combat notwithstanding).  He toned down the drinking somewhat and took up cards instead of dice (easier to rig and with an element of strategy he quickly picked up on).

A couple of years ago, during the violence that led to the current Queen's ascendance, John felt he was getting a little old for the front line fighting he heard was coming, so he heavily bribed his commanding officer with gambling winnings to get a post on the Queen's bodyguard; quiet, dull work with a good wage.  There he has remained, drinking and dicing away his earnings without any particular note.  Until now.

Skills
Streetfighting: John is not a swordsman.  Put him in a situation where he has to observe the rules and convention of a duel and he is screwed.  Put him in a pit with a sword where he can throw sand into an opponent's eyes and stab him in the back and he's fine.  John is moderately capable with anything he can pick up as a weapon, but lacks the finesse or skill of a trained fighter.
Masonry:  John is not an architect.  He cannot design palaces.  He could build a decent one-storey house given time and materials and he can tell you whether a house (or bridge) is about to fall down - or even how to make it fall down.
Gambling:  Whether it be by luck, skill or just plain cheating, John has a way of getting the gaming table on his side.  Of course, even if you win most of the time you have to lose eventually...

Money: Half a month's wages - significantly less than a ducat.
Holdings: A room in a flophouse, rent two weeks overdue.  His uniform.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: December 23, 2011, 11:10:03 am »

I can already see a bright future for him. I say he is in.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: December 23, 2011, 11:58:05 am »

Just a couple of niggles from me:

A: Guards get free board in the barracks
B: Why an english name, WHHYYYYYY?! D:

Other than that, it's good. Welcome back Iituem. :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:58 pm »

How about Juan Tomas?  ;P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: December 23, 2011, 12:09:55 pm »

It works. English names just reminds me of Elberth :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 634