Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287184 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8640 on: December 06, 2011, 02:39:45 pm »

Oh and I forgot to ask, how much is Polca's income?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: December 06, 2011, 02:43:06 pm »

Possible, depends how things go. Either way you'll leave with enough csah to finish your island fortress. Repeat income is questionable on how well you pseudo-rule and if the lord feel like being a prick. Attitude started at a 4, so you have wiggle room

Income? Yeah, i'll get on that *cough* Polca was the 1 city that i got lazy about creating. I'll roll it up later today

Ardas: Its a game, not RL. There is a basis in sense and logic - not an absolute attachment. Split is easily defendable as being something as simple as using the archers to distract a regiment, and having 2 others too stupid to NOT bum-rush an open gate that looks undefended. You can complain about it, but it was a thought out tactic. The whole tactics system was well done to begin with. His army isn't logical in the long run at all. It's a strikeforce with a task. The only reason his split WORKS is because he's giving up his defensive bonuses.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: December 06, 2011, 02:45:21 pm »

I would've thought that he'd try a conserve forces tactic at least. And if he's attacking, wouldn't my cav get an extra point of strength from it being plains?

Also restating a request for a map.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: December 06, 2011, 02:47:05 pm »

It seems to me like all they really have is tactics; sure they can split Ligoria's units up but they're still weaker. Even if they draw a few off, they still have to contend with them. If you separate the cavalry from the main unit, you'll still have to deal with them attacking you from wherever you diverted them to. Looked at that way, Terenos has no chance to win. He can get small bonuses to his attacks for splitting but we should still be able to crush him unit by unit since he's giving up his defenses.

Or is my guess wrong?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: December 06, 2011, 02:48:38 pm »

William ain't gonna leave, not until he destroys all the gangs atleast. He did say he would.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: December 06, 2011, 02:55:59 pm »

Or is my guess wrong?

Wrong. Split removes them from combat that round.

The split makes a lack of conserve acceptable losses
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: December 06, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »

SC: Your guess is wrong. Split forces takes the split portion of the army out of the fight for a round.

By the light, this is one big mess. I am so creating a proposal for an entirely reworked combat system after this.

Look, can we state some facts, here.

On one side: DE+Mileth. Significant tactics bonuses. They intend to divert parts of the Ligorian army, so that they only have to contend with the weaker parts. They will retrieve their general, then withdraw back into the city.
On the other side: Ligoria. As the moment, they intend to bumrush the city, with no strategy whatsoever.
Both sides will be giving up their defensive bonuses, and fighting on the terrain between the walls and the Ligorian blockade.
The DE has a greater tactics score; an advantage of +4 over Ligoria.

This is the situation. Fact. If you want to change the situation, make an IC post to that end, and the GMs will deal with your actions appropriately.

E: Says he, whereupon Ardas does just that.
Well, ok. Roll for reactions from the soldiers, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:58:45 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: December 06, 2011, 02:58:33 pm »

Well, Ardas just did...

And I would revise the split army tactic, seems quite broken...

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: December 06, 2011, 02:58:52 pm »

With a difficulty roll of 6 (Why penalty of -4 if he has the tactics advantage anyway? His soldiers being "smarter" cannot make my men "dumber" in absolute terms if the difference is present anyway) doing any tactics is rather risky. and not worth it, seeing the numbers. We will lose and see how it goes later. But the Fox won't be enjoying the victory.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: December 06, 2011, 02:59:22 pm »

Anyway, since -4, -5 is no real difference, I'm going to go ahead and approach Nikephoros with my plan. Whether or not he approves I'm going through with it anyway since I don't think we have much of a shot at winning without doing something their forces can't predict.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

We can't exactly lose, if his split forces work (Would still suggest rolling if only to check if it's a critical failure.), It's 12 V 10, and he only has six meantshield strength, which means win attrition, he would lose...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: December 06, 2011, 03:11:53 pm »

Well Nike just went down a bit on the sliding scale of evil.((down=evil))
I thought he didn't kill the unarmed?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: December 06, 2011, 03:12:27 pm »

So. Terenos, you have been stabbed. Sorry, but, um, it wasn't the queen. It would seem her staff shares in her insanity. The theory that she is an elv- possibly one which induces insanity in others- seems increasingly likely.

The Arctic Fox has been killed. In what I frankly consider a despicable way, without a shred of honour or dignity to it, and given that you didn't even pretend to hide it, the troops are going to be fucking pissed about it when the battle is done- along with everyone else in the Storm Coast.
The Dragon Empire is probably going to be quite upset when they hear about how their general died- they wanted rid of him, but they didn't want their nation to be shamed like that. Expect repercussions from that end as well.

Also, you can stop pretending Nikephoros is honourable.

Terenos: would you like to continue coordinating the DE invasion, or are you going to give up in disgust and have the faction be purely NPC?
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: December 06, 2011, 03:14:09 pm »

Though considering the bloodline she would have if she WAS an elv, seems a bit of a waste.

Could've used a nice large lump of flesh smahsing mileth...

And Nuke, They should've thought about that before they sent him.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: December 06, 2011, 03:14:27 pm »

Well Nike just went down a bit on the sliding scale of evil.((down=evil))
I thought he didn't kill the unarmed?

Its called falling in RP terms.. And I will deal with that shit later. But i object to calling it insanity. It was a cold calculation.

E: But hey, this site is all about losing. And losing is fun! maybe having ol'nike being haunted by the murder of AF will add a dimension to my quite flat character. (I got a bit of backstory, rather generic, that I wanted to spill to Tala, but we got interrupted.)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 03:20:17 pm by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 634