Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287177 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8625 on: December 06, 2011, 12:58:52 pm »

Ah. I never knew that was there, because I was never told when Taric asked me to join. Hence me playing as newcomers so I wouldn't have to catch up on 100+ pages to start. I was under the assumption (and no one bothered to correct me) that you started with two ducats and could keep them, have a regiment, trade them for skills, or whatever. It really should be on the wiki though because that's what I checked to learn the system... Would anyone object if I added that post as a Character Creation page to it?
No, go ahead. Mind you, I think I added that after you joined.

Bah, I thought it was 3d of resources. That's my bad, I kinda just skimmed that line.
It is. I changed that, on CGs suggestion.
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8626 on: December 06, 2011, 12:59:36 pm »

Huh, thats wierd. All righty then. I guess I am wrong.

Sorry about that.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8627 on: December 06, 2011, 01:01:20 pm »

Last edit was Nov 22, so yeah (checked, I joined Nov 3). While you're here, can you answer this then? As stated, I thought you had 2d and could buy two level 1 skills for them. Do I have Tactics +1 and Stealth +1 as I originally wanted or what's the deal there?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:03:43 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8628 on: December 06, 2011, 01:03:11 pm »

Last edit was Nov 22, so yeah. While you're here, can you answer this then? As stated, I thought you had 2d and could buy two level 1 skills for them. Do I have Tactics +1 and Stealth +1 as I originally wanted or what's the deal there?
If that was all you wanted I don't see why not.
Long Live United Forenia!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8629 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:11 pm »

OK. My player account is inaccurate then. I need an update of 1 ducat (hired from Ligoria) and that skill added. Also, I put up the page. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8630 on: December 06, 2011, 01:32:59 pm »

This argument should not be happening. And terenos, saying that GM is on your side is plain bad taste.you may just as well demand that Laythe should fall and break her neck because you are in a league with GM. And you demand that the logic of a siege be abandoned so that you can play your numberwang. Seriously man, i would not mind losing, but in OCC you are being a dick for no reason.
Ligorians, take a chill pill. I will have Nike sorting out the mess in no time. No retconning though, dealing with the fallout is the meat on the bones of this game.

And I call on GM to decide whether siege should be conducted on basis of logic and to the enjoyment of all or unfriendly attitudes and arguable maths.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:42:04 pm by Ardas »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8631 on: December 06, 2011, 01:45:03 pm »

Eh, it's cool Ardas. Argument is basically over now anyway, and I'll take 60-70% of the blame for it (although I'm gonna claim everything past 50% is the result of insomnia :P). ^^^;

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8632 on: December 06, 2011, 01:59:14 pm »

As I said, arguments are not a problem when they are IC, but having that spill over to OOC and the having people claim that "logic don't matter, I got GM on my side" Really pisses me off. Thats not even about being right or wrong, but this is simply unfriendly and unhelpful. We are all playing and enjoying the same thing, and telling people to suck it is like taking your share of the cake and pissing on everyone else's share.

The battle rules: they were invented to prevent the random  outcome of the battles. But instead of any resulotion, we are arguing again because we are adding and subtracting on account of things that weren't taken into account earlier. Considering that it should be GM's job to prevent arguments like that and make a ruling on things like battle field circumstances and what should work and what should not, the aren't favouring anyone as much as left the situation unresloved. Again, we are all in this together, so its no use playing blame game.

If we lose the battle so be it. I want to see a clear ruling on rules instead of this messy pile before. As it stands now, no one understands where Terenos got his numbers from. (And will someone explain to me where -4 tactics penalty comes from?)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:02:20 pm by Ardas »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8633 on: December 06, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »

Before we go anywhere with the tactics, I would request a map from either CG or Nuke of Mileth, the fortifications of the besiegers and all that...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8634 on: December 06, 2011, 02:15:42 pm »

There is no argument.

The siege rules says that this needs to end before summer or the AF forces starve. It will, no doubt there.
The entire REASON his force is comprised of tactics was mainly to show the advantage to using them. NO ONE, until his first battle, ever thought tactics was worth upgrading. Everyone went for heavy upgrades for sheer strength. We had reasons for all of this. Sure, maybe he has 1 tact upgrade too many to make this less than insane, but the reason he added 3 free regiments is from actually playing intelligently.

Ardas, it's not that we're "On his side" its that he had his entire plan approved by both of us. His intent in the action has been skewed and overridden by zealous attempts to prove 'he cant do that'. Instead of playing logically, everyone immediately decided to gang up on him (part of the plan) but this has gotten out of hand. People have been making bad calls or blind calls more often than they should be. Everyone has complained incessantly about how they should be able to defend actions that have ZERO logic. Case in point:

1) Attempting to filter the mail of a LARGE city with 2 spies AND/OR Expecting there not to be a penalty for it
2) Assuming a small band of men was going to seize a town (Its not happening for William, he aint getting the whole town/income)
3) Earthworks (Sure, i'll roll for it - hell, i'll let you HAVE it. Its not a costly endeavor and only requires time. A siege is enough time) but they provide a defensive bonus, attack negates that bonus

Etc, etc...

The purpose of the AF event was to force Tari to stop being a tool and start attempting to unify the coast. Not make himself look like a Bloodthirsty Warlord. I'll allow the military annexation of the Coast, it'd be assinine not to. There will be penalties for it, as there are for diplomatic annexations. I used the incident with Shola to put NPC diplomats in Ligoria and Galam to attempt to facilitate an alliance - it was ignored. AF was added to further attempt that - it as well was quickly ignored.

To All: I have no problem rolling idiotic actions. I have a problem with people trying to justify them being logical. Be crazy, it is entertaining to those of us doing the rolls - but if you people hadnt noticed? So is your death. We're playing a game on the forums of a game BASED in failure being fun. Stop taking shit so personally. It makes you as a player look like a dumbass and makes us grumpy and less likely to fudge rolls in favor of you not dying.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8635 on: December 06, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »

I want to see a clear ruling on rules instead of this messy pile before. As it stands now, no one understands where Terenos got his numbers from. (And will someone explain to me where -4 tactics penalty comes from?)

Clear ruling? I made an entire post of the math of this battle, the bonuses and the numbers you're looking for:
Afk a few to help my fiance with something

In regards to the -4:
Unit or PC bonuses (e.g. from Training) can provide bonuses to the Tactics roll. Enemy tactical bonuses decrease the tactics roll.
Terenos has a 4pt advantage over Ligorian forces in tactics. IN TERMS PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND: This means that his men are better led and trained to respond to any tactical actions made against them. This causes an increased difficulty to the tactical rolls.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:23:54 pm by CyberGenesis »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8636 on: December 06, 2011, 02:31:52 pm »

I sorta realized that taking the entire town was going to cause problems((namely having to fight or talk to all the peasents)), the way the lord said is a better idea anyway. William wouldn't have been able to stay in one spot for a long time and it would of have been boring to be a lord.
So this works out alot better for my plans, thank you.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8637 on: December 06, 2011, 02:34:01 pm »

Plus the first chance you left? Several regiments would have been waiting for your return

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #8638 on: December 06, 2011, 02:35:32 pm »

Ah...huh.
And now its only three regiments waiting for my return? ;)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8639 on: December 06, 2011, 02:37:46 pm »

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Time to do more maths instead of RP then.
Even if that maths defies common sense.
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 [576] 577 578 ... 634