Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287303 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8415 on: December 05, 2011, 10:44:19 am »

The rumors can be either calmed down with a safe speech from Kathos, or Niko can egg them on by saying that it Was Arctic Fox who attacked the queen first. Kathos has +1 to speech, but Niko has greater trust with the soldiers (i assume something like +1 loyalty to the rolls?) it don't matter who gives a speech. IC though, Nikephoros prefers to keep in touch with soldiers personally. Force of habit and the trust thing.
Regardless of that, Mileth will be forced to surrender soon, since we have their commander. All that remains is to decide how many people we let AF off with.

As for soldiers talking, there shouldbe a roll for that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 10:46:45 am by Ardas »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: December 05, 2011, 10:56:22 am »

Tariucs: Hugo doesn't care who rules. No, really. You see, if the queen rules, she is incompetent, so crime runs rampant. But if anyone else rules, they are illegitimate, they lack authority, and crime runs rampant. It's a win-win situation.

Anyway. What the common soldier will think about this whole situation will be determined once Kathos has made his speech (there was going to be a speech, right?).
I'm thinking a versus roll for rumours VS speech (unmodified; Kathos gets +1 from speechmaking, but -1 from AF's good reputation versus Psychobitch's poor one). Depending on the results thereof, there may be more rolls for the consequences, and rolls for if the rumours manage to spread beyond the army or not.
Long Live United Forenia!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: December 05, 2011, 11:02:06 am »

Ardas, that remains to be seen. I wouldn't rule out Tala freeing AF some way or another. And if he get the three Mileth regiment, you'll have an hard time taking the city. (Are Tala's troops loyal enough to her to turn against the rest of the army?)

Anyway Dwarmin, one shouldn't go against the wish of his/her commander. Especially when it include not knocking me on the head. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: December 05, 2011, 11:09:15 am »

(unmodified; Kathos gets +1 from speechmaking, but -1 from AF's good reputation versus Psychobitch's poor one)

What about Kathos' reputation? He's one of the most honorable men in the Kingdom - if he says that the AF attacked the Queen, most people won't think he could lie.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: December 05, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

Kathos may be one of the most honourable men, but one of the primary characteristics of honourable men is that no one notices how honourable they were until they stop being honourable.
Or take a city with next to no bloodshed- that's pretty honourable right there.

What I'm saying is Kathos hasn't really done anything which has really made people say "wow, that guy is really honourable".
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:52 am »

Alright then.

Now I must save orphans from burning hospitals.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: December 05, 2011, 11:27:25 am »

I hardly think taking a city with no bloodshed is honourable. I'll agree that it is intelligent though...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: December 05, 2011, 11:29:14 am »

Ardas, that remains to be seen. I wouldn't rule out Tala freeing AF some way or another. And if he get the three Mileth regiment, you'll have an hard time taking the city. (Are Tala's troops loyal enough to her to turn against the rest of the army?)

Not really.

AF was sent here to die, and Talas not going to expose her whole mission to free a doomed general, though she might help him 'retire' :P

Also, Talas paying the wages of those soldiers, from her land, which is fairly prosperous. She *could* probably turn against them. But again, I don't see why she should. Right now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: December 05, 2011, 11:31:42 am »

Well, "facilitating" an escape won't doom your mission if you do it right... Or force someone to do it for you.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: December 05, 2011, 11:32:32 am »

You could just ask Pasha to sneak him out. I can take him with me when I head northwest. :P Anyway, kidding aside, I'm thinking about bugging Laythe or Sheb just to have something to do in-character. I'm kind of in limbo right now. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:19 am »

I won't stay online for that long, 50 minute or so. So you got to do it quickly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:17 am »

On my way then.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:18 pm »

Sheb double posted!

Off with his head!  >:(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: December 05, 2011, 12:52:45 pm »

Bloodless annexation is very honorable when the people know their own ruling lord is a complete toolbag

Rolls will be needed for both the attempt to quiet the truth as well as spread rumors. Any action you people want rolled that isn't in bold - will also be ignored. THis is standing GM orders since YAK I.

Off to work i go...THANK GOD i took tomorrow off...if only you people knew how bad it's going to be (New Dashboard release T.T)
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: December 05, 2011, 01:19:43 pm »

Name: Sir Terryn Selgvyrdson
Description: Terryn stands tall, his powerful build augmented by straight-backed pride to create a rather formidable man. He keeps his shock of bright red hair closely cropped and out of his bright blue eyes, which betray his young age of twenty-two years. His hands are the scarred and calloused hands of a worker. He prefers to garb himself in the coarse linens and wool of the smallfolk when at rest, or else a suit of thick leather armor bearing steel studs.
Background: Terryn hails from the mountains of Lonemine, specifically the shattered town of Stonewood. Though to get even this much information from him is quite a hassle. Perhaps his secrecy stems from man who raised him, David Leifsson the former commander of the mercenary group known as The Thornbred Knights and a close friend of his mother, a practitioner of mankind's oldest profession. Originally apprenticed to a rather abusive blacksmith at a young age, Terryn received a timely rescue from a rather hellish life when David "purchased" him from the blacksmith to serve as a personal squire. At the hedge knight sellsword's side, Terryn was taught the ways of the blade, as well as how to lead men into battle. The lessons of knightly honor, however, were less successfully instilled upon him by his mentor. Indeed, even after his knighting upon a voyage to the Storm Coast (which would cost David's life through illness, leaving Terryn the de facto leader of the mercenary band), Terryn remained as uncouth as ever. To say that he is not cunning, however, would be a mistake.

Now the Spring of 416a, Terryn and his men have arrived penniless, in the Province of Polca. Seeking fame, glory, and a place in the world normally unknown to those of his low birth, Terryn first leads his men in search of the coin required to maintain his band.
Starting resources:
A single infantry regiment, "The Thornbred Knights"
A major skill/power: Skilled Swordsman, Studied General
Ducats: Penniless
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 634