Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289631 times)

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #810 on: August 18, 2011, 01:15:27 pm »

Poor Vagel7  keeps getting scienceblocked by me.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 18, 2011, 01:17:11 pm »

I -could- cut their trade if you'd prefer the long slow siege option. In fact i'm leaning more that way myself, as I still don't fully trust my own regiments. -Especially- after they hear of the atrocities. Eh.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 18, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »

It would probably be understandable if you killed their regiments, but instead you caused them to give Trubaldsome the means to outnumber you by killing a bunch of women and children...

Of course, with the extra mouths to feed in the castle, Miring will run out of funds with which to hold this siege fairly soon. Add the fact that Terenos is apparently planning a blockaid/raid and they're running out of options...
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 18, 2011, 01:20:28 pm »

They have no funds. They have whatever stocks are left in the castle. I -will- cut their trade/sack their port. This will not end well for traitors to the crown.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 18, 2011, 01:21:22 pm »

And if all fails: Use religion.

Slaughtering heretics is never un-chivalrous :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 18, 2011, 01:30:13 pm »

I must note that we didn't attack Taric's men, Taric's men attacked us. So Trubaldsome really hasn't done anything. I doubt you could even prove he's disloyal to the king.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:33 pm »

Oh. But a regiment of Crown troops survived.

And with that, Knowledge of Trubaldsome's speech.
Aulon might save himself if he betrays Trubaldsome at a crucial moment, but its unlikely he will. Going after that lucrative merchant contract as he is.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 18, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »

((The cellar seems the best and obvious bet, seeing as it's probably stone and moist.  Also I'm confused as to why Lilith would be in love with a half blind mad scientist who was willing to bet her in a dice game for a monkey))

Stockholm Syndrome.

But seriously, I shouldn't have done that so I apologise, Weasel King.  I just threw the "she's in love with you" thing in as a joke because I couldn't think of a good reason why someone would be stupid enough to have that reaction to the failed roll - a more reasonable explanation is that she actually felt more safe with you in a burning building than trying to escape the city on her own.  Or at least, trying to escape it with Gunther.  He's kind of freaking her out a bit with his advances.  How about we say Lilith got overcome by the moment - panic can do that to people.

They have no funds. They have whatever stocks are left in the castle. I -will- cut their trade/sack their port. This will not end well for traitors to the crown.

The most hilarious part from a purely objective stance is that they've not even strictly conducted treachery yet.  This is pure "Might Makes Right" - if Terenos & Taric win, there won't be anyone left to gainsay them.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 18, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »

Id would suggest killing those two men and planting some false documents concerning Elberth
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 18, 2011, 01:34:53 pm »

Thank you internal ministry ;D

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 18, 2011, 01:35:53 pm »

Terenos has the right there. If members of any of the crown regiments survived (and even if they had all been destroyed, there would probably have been a few survivors to report back) then Trubaldsome's speech will eventually make itself known to the rest of the army and the King himself unless someone actually takes steps to keep stuff like that quiet.

Elbreth has no laws governing speech, but that doesn't mean free speech is a right. Trubaldsome was clearly inciting revolt against the Kingdom, which is an act of treason. If he loses the castle and is captured, and Terenos or Taric don't off him, then all he really has to look forward to is a circle of iron and a very hot fire.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:08 pm »

PAINFUL DEATH!

Alright, we'll kill Yl Marchis and get Trubaldsome burned!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 18, 2011, 01:37:35 pm »

STOP PILLAGING THE COUNTRY!

How am I to make money if everything is burned down and all customers are dead? King Erik chose awful knights to lead his soldiers if he lets them terrorize the country like that. They are literally burning and killing all the tax revenue that Elbreth might have had.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 18, 2011, 01:39:23 pm »

No. This is the way wars are conducted.

First you attempt to occupy. Then, in the event of rebellion and a superior defensive position for the rebels, you burn it down and cut them down if they try to flee.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 18, 2011, 01:42:17 pm »

And if there is no rebellion, you just make one up!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 634