Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287989 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7950 on: November 29, 2011, 10:12:32 pm »

I have the feeling that they never wrote anything down...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: November 30, 2011, 12:19:58 am »

Thats not true! We both keep extensive archives of all our MSN chats. So it's written down! (sort of)

Anyway - Generals as they stand likely wont level that fast. A conquering spree would likely see 1 skillup a year average, but i'm probably gonna rule that you can lock them down in a combo of drills and study to continue gaining points during peace time - although more slowly

Home from work, catching up and rolling some actions correction: Rolling -the- action
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: November 30, 2011, 07:09:17 am »

Hey CG, shouldn't the Market/port have grown in size as well as the UP due to the yearly expansion rolls?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: November 30, 2011, 08:48:13 am »

After careful consideration, the sniffles cause a 10% reduction in land tax this year. (The season change post has been updated to reflect this)
This is basically unavoidable. Peasants cannot afford medicine, and all the kings horses and all the kings men can't go around curing every sick peasant.
Shola is exempt because the production of medicine is their primary industry; even the peasantry would be able to acquire working remedies.
This could be avoided by distributing medicine for free. However, this would by design cost more to do than you would gain by doing it.

The sniffles will also affect population growth by -2. Again, not in Shola. However, this can be avoided with appropriate actions. For example, one unit of medicine, distributed for free, would cure enough people that the disease would not have an adverse effect on population growth.
Trade in medicine does not have this effect- one presumes that it is bought up by the rich, who can afford it, whilst the disease breeds amongst the poor, who cannot.

...this makes sense, right? I'm not entirely batshit crazy. Right?
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: November 30, 2011, 08:49:31 am »

Yeah, you're batshit insane.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: November 30, 2011, 09:00:25 am »

Ouch.

How many Ducats will it cost the Queen or one of the nobles to help?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: November 30, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »

Fil, I don't think tobacco is in that part of the world yet :-X

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: November 30, 2011, 01:27:27 pm »

DH mentioned them. And did I say it was a tobacco ciggarette?
If I did that was a mistake on my part...

Sorry, Only one mentioned it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 01:34:32 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: November 30, 2011, 01:39:05 pm »

Well, both me and Digital referenced it as existing, as per a post search...

Really, I wouldn't try to nitpick those really tiny anachronisms...I mean, we could probably find hundreds of little things we all get wrong every page. Lets...not do that.

All it ends up doing is annoying people. Then again, Taricus is probably doing that on purpose. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: November 30, 2011, 01:48:29 pm »

I imagine it -since apparently there is no tobacco- as either a Blueleaf or Black Rose Petal cigarette. Seeing as Blue Leaf is a relaxant and Black Rose Petals are slightly poisonous in large amounts but a stimulant equivalent to a very small dose of adrenaline.
To me, in this game, a cigarette is
Quote from:  Quote from second definition of my dictionary.
A roll of any leaves for smoking: a roll of shredded leaves of any kind for smoking, for example, marijuana leaves or leaves of herbs.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: November 30, 2011, 01:50:22 pm »

Hey, I'm not doing it to annoy you on purpose D:

But hey, if Fil's definition is correct, Why not? :P

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: November 30, 2011, 02:01:17 pm »

Look on Webster's. I think thats where I got it from.
I just used the dictionary on my Word Processor.

Anywho, I think that i'm going to go and make a "Different Herbs Of Itu" page on the Wiki and start work on the Lonemine Nation Page and Edit Lonemine's city page.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: November 30, 2011, 02:10:52 pm »

Guys, this is fantasy world first and foremost. If someone wants to smkoe, then let them. It simply means that either there is tobbaco in Storm Coast or we have something like pipeweed or whatnot. Don't make a big deal out of it. People have been smoking weed in Europe long before tobacco was brought over from America, and you had various herbs and incenses that were burned and inhaled for medicine or pleasure.

Who cares where he got it from. If someone wants to be pedantic then go ahead and write an article about flora of Storm Coast.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: November 30, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »

Really, I wouldn't try to nitpick those really tiny anachronisms...I mean, we could probably find hundreds of little things we all get wrong every page. Lets...not do that.

All it ends up doing is annoying people. Then again, Taricus is probably doing that on purpose. :P

QFT. Kindly stop with all that petty crap, please. It's not relevant to anything. Unlike, say, electricity being discovered, it's not some massive gamebreaker for a dude to smoke a cigarette of tobacco. Tobacco is an actual crop that doesn't do much of anything, and if William smokes it he's just going to give himself cancer one of these days. Frankly, Taric, I think you'd prefer to have him coughing up his lungs when he's trying to give orders to his men. Finally, I'm going to bring up LOTR here: halflings and Gandalf smoke all the time. If it's good enough for them it's good enough here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: November 30, 2011, 02:18:20 pm »

I wasn't trying to be Pedantic.

I was just going to go make a list of the different types of Herbs that are in Itu. For simplification. Doesn't mean that they can't make up new ones, ethier. I'm just bored and don't want to work on something else.
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 634