Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287029 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7755 on: November 28, 2011, 02:17:39 am »

And by one a season, do you mean that I can only do that action once, or that I can only do that type of training for the whole season?
Type, thats why i rolled all 5 at once

Wut? Unless I'm misunderstanding due to fatigue, it's possible to train multiple things per season? If so I may have to object because, as a minmaxer myself, there's nothing to stop a player from loading up on as many different things to train as they can think of in one season. It's a bit unbalancing, is all. If you keep it though I'm going to take advantage of it. Just saying. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7756 on: November 28, 2011, 02:31:12 am »

Right, meant one 'training' per season...i'm a bit tired myself
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7757 on: November 28, 2011, 02:40:42 am »

Ah, OK. I was worried there for a second that I possibly wasted Winter by only training one thing. :3 Sorry for the misunderstanding, but at least now it's out there. Get some rest if you need it, YaK'll keep for awhile. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7758 on: November 28, 2011, 03:07:20 am »

Was just a long day at work.

Ran some numbers though. Posting this to see what people think

Obtaining more parcels: d6 Roll
1: Bandits attack the scouts
2: d6 unsettled land
3: d6-1 (min 1) open land
4: gain d6/2 parcels of open land
5: gain d6+2 parcels of open land
6: gain 2d6-1 parcels of unsettled land land

Improving lands:
1d to improve 3 unsettled into 1 open land
1d to improve 2 open into 1 Urban
Every 2 urban land gives a +1 to Urban Potential for the region

Logistics:
Unsettled land: No one lives here except hermits, bandits and crazy people
Open Land: Tax yielding farmers
Urban land: The population dense cityfolk. Increases to Urban land signify the expansion of the city walls and the relocation of farmfolk inside said walls. You're losing tax income by volume, but increasing the value of of these people by putting them to work inside the city (UP adds to business limits, etc - increasing yields there as well as increasing the straight population which also increases tax gains) 2 land(4d) coverts to 1tax by pop, 1 by land, and potential 1Service size, .5 Trade Potential. trade potential increases Market potential for trade taxes as well
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7759 on: November 28, 2011, 03:13:20 am »

sounds good to me. to be perfectly honest, we haven't done much expansion yet, and most of the land claimed will be in civilized region.nonetheless its good to have these rules laid down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7760 on: November 28, 2011, 03:20:18 am »

I agree with Ardas. I only have a question concerning the initial roll: on 2 and 3, does it just mean that you surveyed this land and don't own it yet, and have to clear off bandits and whatnot to gain it?

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7761 on: November 28, 2011, 04:05:34 am »

I'm still here, I just don't have... any time, really.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7762 on: November 28, 2011, 05:22:39 am »

Hey CG, did you take into accout the regiments being in Talama for the smuggling roll?

EDIT: After reading a bit Mic will still have unrest from unpaid troops. Though atleast now (With a LOT of help from Hugo) he doesn't have to worry about it next year...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:34:34 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7763 on: November 28, 2011, 10:25:29 am »

Heh, all of a sudden I turned into a stock villain from a bad play. Funny how my actions are being overanalyzed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7764 on: November 28, 2011, 10:41:40 am »

Well, that's the best we can do with Nikephoros. :P

The upcoming campaign is a nice time for you to do some of that character development for him. You know, Tala's not your enemy yet, right? It's funny, because since during Art Party, we were actually complimenting each other IC-and from that ineraction, that's how I viewed your char up till a while ago.

Now...we are instant foes, for some reason.

I whink we are already moving into seperate camps based on OOC talk, lol. A bad sign, but an inevitable one I guess.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7765 on: November 28, 2011, 10:45:11 am »

Hmm? Pasha simply related what Vindire's attitude was. You treated him like you thought he was brainless lecher and you implied Tala was a whore (and when I commented on that OOC you didn't deny it, so that was clearly Nikephoros's meaning with the "friendly" and "warm in cold winters" comments). No analysis is being done; simple facts were stated.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7766 on: November 28, 2011, 10:52:47 am »

Nah, its just Niko being frustrated with sitting in one place. He holds no ill will towards Tala, maybe he underestimates her bit too much. But Pasha getting in the way of things (hidden jealousy :o?) kinda ticked him off slightly. Especially the letter. And yes, I will do a bit of character development soon. Playing stoic officer is easy, but to make him human will take some effort.

@SC: Yes, you got that right. But ignoring your superiors for 2 weeks and then inviting them for dinner at the eve of a campaign is bit unprofessional, don't you think? And Niko is an old dog (but not that old as you implied dwarmin, he is 37-39),so expect bit of rude mercenary language from time to time.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7767 on: November 28, 2011, 10:54:18 am »

I really wonder if I'll get to join the campaign or not. And if not, what will happen of Tala while Pasha is away. This is more addictive than a TV sitcom!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7768 on: November 28, 2011, 10:58:41 am »

You are not on the payroll, and campaign starts at the same time as Tala's birthday (unintentional coincidence, I swear), so..... slim chances.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7769 on: November 28, 2011, 11:02:02 am »

Yeah, I know that, but then maybe Pasha will stay a bit longer, planning to rejoin the army by horse later on, and I'll meet him and follow him. Or maybe not. I really don't know what I intend to do with Sheb right now.

Also, my character is clearly burning his capital trying to look richer than he is right now. However 1 ducat is a LOT of money. How much do you think he should loose by month' end? .2? .3?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 516 517 [518] 519 520 ... 634