Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287158 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #7275 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »

Uh dude, I see no problem. If you get permission to ditch Tristan, and go and fight in the Tourney, you could still be a merchant, although you would be under William's patronage, that might conflict with the entire roller thing though, seeing as you wouldn't be impartial...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: November 20, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

Anyone care If I make a temp character to enter the competition? Might be more than temp if they win and get noticed by William of course, but in that case I would cede control to the Gm's as an NPC.

I just need an excuse to do something in this game, really. Anything at all.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7277 on: November 20, 2011, 04:33:20 pm »

I wouldn't mind. And William's regiment is composed of both sexes, if you still want to play a girl.
Expect a beat down, eithier way.

Oh yeah, by the way, i'm doing this so William can get a plus one to combat, i think.
And if that isn't legal by game rules, then i'm doing this to train some more and add to my combat ranking.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 04:35:42 pm by filiusenox »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: November 20, 2011, 04:49:38 pm »

Well, the only problem I would have is 'why would a merchant just happen to be on this island to fight?' I can't see an IC reason for one to be there. If it was a soldier of Retcyl's or William's then there wouldn't be that problem. Just a bit conflicted right now. :\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: November 20, 2011, 04:56:44 pm »

A boat sails by the Island and notices a bunch of boats there, goes and investigates and notices a tournement is on.
Or you could be a crimson guard solider, one of the new recruits who wanted to see the world and kill heretics or foreigners. The Crimson guard recruits like two soliders from everywhere they go, to make up for people who wish to leave the guard.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: November 20, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »

Hmm. Tell me more of this Crimson Guard while I wait for CG or Nuke to okay the idea of a passing merchant.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: November 21, 2011, 12:07:01 am »

Home, catching up and eating. Then i'll roll what i missed yesterday and as much as i can of what has been added

EDIT: Rolled - New ruling added that wont affect too many people i suspect

EDIT2:

Anyone care If I make a temp character to enter the competition? Might be more than temp if they win and get noticed by William of course, but in that case I would cede control to the Gm's as an NPC.

I will generally rule against having more than 1 character for anything more than RP or events.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:02:46 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: November 21, 2011, 01:08:46 am »

Cyber, while you're on, a few questions: I'm torn between a general-type with a skill and a merchant, but what could I start with as a:

• Commander type. Would this character be able to have knowledge that would make any unit he's commanding have the properties of a Raider type, for example?
  • Traveling merchant. What would be a fair amount of cargo and ducats to start with?
  • Established merchant. What would be a fair business-type and ducats to start with? I'm aware it would at least be partially based on home town, but I doubt I could for example be an Opiate dealer in Shola considering that it's been established that there aren't many dealers of that product and it's high tier anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: November 21, 2011, 01:12:40 am »

I will generally rule against having more than 1 character for anything more than RP or events.

I'm going to assume that's a yes.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: November 21, 2011, 01:35:14 am »

Cyber, while you're on, a few questions: I'm torn between a general-type with a skill and a merchant, but what could I start with as a:

• Commander type. Would this character be able to have knowledge that would make any unit he's commanding have the properties of a Raider type, for example?
  • Traveling merchant. What would be a fair amount of cargo and ducats to start with?
  • Established merchant. What would be a fair business-type and ducats to start with? I'm aware it would at least be partially based on home town, but I doubt I could for example be an Opiate dealer in Shola considering that it's been established that there aren't many dealers of that product and it's high tier anyway.
Commander Type: Raider General trait would likely add a +1 to the raider unit rolls. (Net Value: Possibly a year of training)
Travelling Merchant: See previous examples. A T1 good + ship (Net value: 3d+ sales potential of profit)
Establish Merchant: Some sort of T1 good, size 1 (Net Value: 4d)

@Dwarmin: Sorry, its just unfair to allow people to playtest a character
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:41:42 am by CyberGenesis »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:06 am »

Hmm, so I could be a Berserker which would be useful to William, see what Ligoria or the Arctic Fox wants and be that, or do my own thing... Of course if I skip the tournament I have until next season starts to decide... I think I'll wait on it a moment and see if anyone has a commander type they want, and if not, I'll see about being a merchant.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: November 21, 2011, 02:01:53 am »

Should I delete that post then? Whoopdeedoo.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: November 21, 2011, 02:15:31 am »

You don't need an excuse. It's a wild country - Lots of mercs floating around, any of which could be made a PC. Think of some ideas, i can bludgeon most of them into something fair. Most pure commander type characters will start with some sort of skill and a regiment of troops.

Next time people see Terenos - Harrass him into getting me the info he has on Traits and the research system

Dwarmin: Unless you just want to use it to screw with William

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: November 21, 2011, 02:21:26 am »

Well, it's not that. I already have a name and a portrait for the character. I just don't want to end up with nothing to do again. ^^^; If I can make him actually useful to someone from the get-go I can probably get more use out of him than just throwing someone out there... unless it's possible to do like mini-quests. Like if this guy is in town and hears about a minor bandit problem and goes to clear it up or something.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: November 21, 2011, 03:32:57 am »

Ah I get that. Anyone would probably take you as a commander of some sort.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 634