Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288230 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #6615 on: November 11, 2011, 12:58:59 pm »

Is there some sort of counterpart to Spot checks in this? I'm just wondering if my guy will ever be able to pull Sherlock Scans on people.

And what Taricus means is What.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6616 on: November 11, 2011, 01:03:48 pm »

I know he meant Flat What, Araph, you don't need to link to it. :P Anyway, it was either ditch the character since I could go back, pull the wool over everyone's eyes in Ligoria, and then just kinda sit there while all the action happens in the upper echelons, or go be a merc and make things happen. I went with the less boring choice. Also, if William and Tristan do meet up, I'll just tell Will that Laythe destroyed Vale because she still has it out for him. Totally believable course of action for 'Psychobitch,' innit?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6617 on: November 11, 2011, 01:12:40 pm »

I know he meant Flat What, Araph, you don't need to link to it. :P
Sorry 'bout that, I reflexively connect words to tropes. Trying to break that habit.  ::)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6618 on: November 11, 2011, 01:14:23 pm »

Yeah, until William sends a messanger to Laythe asking why in the hell did she burn Vale.
Or asks her next year, when he comes back to Ligoria to sow destruction and discord.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6619 on: November 11, 2011, 01:17:21 pm »

OR you could go to the Ligorian unit nearby, say that Will raided Vale, and possibly be included in the forces that'll be sent to fight the empire...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6620 on: November 11, 2011, 01:20:16 pm »

What exactly is everyone's allegiance? I know the queen has nobles who are nominally supportive, though they don't like her. Tristan is looking out for number one, Will has a beef against the queen and vice versa, and Avitus is attempting to start a university for reasons I don't know. Is that all correct?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6621 on: November 11, 2011, 01:22:50 pm »

Eh, I'll worry about all that later, since I really don't care. :P I'm just going to cause as much chaos as I can, and then once Tristan and his regiment go down move into more of a 'roller-only' role since it seems like there's not enough of them around. That and maybe make a traveling merchant character who interacts with as little as possible until I have enough ducats to buy the planet... then wreck his ship somewhere in the ocean and watch everyone go crazy trying to find it.

@Araph: Tristan's loyalty was to Dalannor first and Ligoria second, but I got bored with that so now he's just loyal to the highest bidder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6622 on: November 11, 2011, 01:26:23 pm »

Could just start a business with that money SC...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6623 on: November 11, 2011, 01:28:15 pm »

Here hold on a second

Rectyl(Hatcur ambassador), Hugo(Artist), William(Outlaw), and Thomas(Mage) are basically allied. Altough William or Hugo might backstab Rectyl at any time. And William is basically trying to get incredibly powerful, then he'll right a few wrongs and Rectyl is trying to get a Hatcuri Empire foothold in the Storm Coast. William and Rectyl have two regiments, one or two ships, and William is a pyschopath

Laythe is supported by Kathos(Knight), Tala(Who is a spy), Avitus(Diplomat?), and Nike(General). Who are trying to conquer the Storm Coast, they have all the reasources of Ligoria.

Tristan is on his own. She has one regiment under his control.
The Pirate Hunter is also on his own.

Tala and Artic fox are allied, I guess...becuase they both come from the Dragon Empire...
They have a combined 9 regiments.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:32:44 pm by filiusenox »

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6624 on: November 11, 2011, 01:34:37 pm »

So I'm throwing in my support with the queen... interesting. Thanks for filling me in on that.

Does anyone know about the game's Spot check equivalent?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6625 on: November 11, 2011, 01:36:29 pm »

@ Nuke & Taricus: You are right. Legion will be a core of heavy infantry organized as tercio (once them guns arrive and Niko will learn of them; can go without but then it isn't as effective.). It will be a base unit that will be recruitable straight away and will have all of the strength and reach and discipline already from the start as part of the extended training and recruitment. I will sacrifice two seasons for research and re-fitting of the infatry in the army.

As Nuke rightly stated, the rest of the unit types will be made lighter and will serve in a support role. What I have in mind for the war doctrine is to have heavy line infantry march forward and smash the enemy, while the lighter troops will move and manouver at the flanks. In this doctrine enemy cavalry is not the problem, as heavy pikes take care of it, and the noble levy should be able to serve as flank protection. Enemy archers are outright devastated by tercio fire, so that is not a problem either.

The core of Ligorian army is the Crown. It should remain so and Crown should be able to wage war in all conditions, whether supported by nobles or not. If nobles are persuaded then conquest can be faster as they will be helping in the war effort. Otherwise Laythe can go at it alone and the Legion should be a sure way of securing an empire.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6626 on: November 11, 2011, 01:38:18 pm »

Well, with heavy cavalry able  to flank the enemy it could be made even more effective. Hammer and anvil, if it were...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6627 on: November 11, 2011, 01:38:53 pm »

So I'm throwing in my support with the queen... interesting. Thanks for filling me in on that.

Does anyone know about the game's Spot check equivalent?

Appraise (Blank)
Look (Blank)
Try and figure out every little detail of (blank)
Maybe those?
This game is alot more freeform in the command/rolls area then D&D...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6628 on: November 11, 2011, 01:42:09 pm »

Yes, extremely freeform...You can go try and punch the queen if you want. Just don't expect to keep the character...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6629 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:53 pm »

How many ships do you have Rectyl?
One or two?
I need to know before I start doing some more stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 440 441 [442] 443 444 ... 634