Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289768 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #600 on: August 17, 2011, 09:02:44 pm »

Uff.  I've missed some people, I know I have, but not sure which ones.  I can deal with those on the morrow.

I will probably rebalance some of those increments and nerf them a little, or maybe some of the allowances for how much and what you can buy from a province.  I may actually have to seriously buff the increments on some of the low-value, bulky goods to make their prices more volatile (and thus worth transporting in large amounts) and reduce the increments on luxury goods.  Right now it's too easy to buy luxuries at 2.5d from a war-torn state and sell them on at 13 Ducats in a prosperous one.  Which whilst that's more or less what I want I could do with trimming that gap a touch.

Edit: Which specific story about Preston?
Why the attack on it?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:18 pm »

You missed me, but I can wait a few hours (It's just a training project, I've in no hurry ^^). Thatkid, you're still gonna go to the fight?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 17, 2011, 09:10:58 pm »

You missed me, but I can wait a few hours (It's just a training project, I've in no hurry ^^). Thatkid, you're still gonna go to the fight?
Don't think he will he's pretty badly hurt
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 17, 2011, 09:11:15 pm »

Hey, when will my other forces arrive in Miring?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 17, 2011, 09:11:28 pm »

For the full story, read through the first forty or fifty pages of the main thread.

The short version is; Terenos d'Avistral.

The slightly less short version:  Terenos was sent on a diplomatic mission to Preston and Miring to negotiate trade links and assess their military capabilities.  Whilst as a guest of honour in Preston, Terenos discovered that Preston had seriously built up its forces and was planning an attack on Miring; an attack during which half of Miring's nobility would turn on their King and help win the war.  Terenos escaped Preston (whilst starting a fire and escaping from it by swinging out of a window on a flame-retardant curtain) and took a round trip to Miring to avoid being detected.  This is when he lost the first regiment under his command to bandits.  Three men escaped with him to Miring, where he attempted to get an audience with King Leuki von Trubaldsome.  One of the nobles attempted to kill him, failed, and after further shenanigans Terenos reached the king's council chamber and delivered the evidence proving the corruption of the nobility.  Half the council then murdered the other half, a terrible melee broke out and by the end the only two left standing (not counting Terenos' faithful companion Manning, who had been injured in the battle) were Terenos and the King.

Terenos proceeded not to kill the King and try to seize the throne but instead to pledge alliance from Elbreth in exchange for very favourable peace terms - their plan being to use this as a casus belli to attack Preston with combined forces and expand Elbreth's territory to twice or (if they betrayed and absorbed Miring) thrice its size.

The even longer version is the same, but includes a concealed backstory about the second Trubaldsome child, banished years ago when his elder brother failed in an effort to kill him and spending eight years in an elaborate plot of revenge and an attempt to seize both the thrones of Miring and Preston for himself (to which he would indeed have been the legal heir once Kings Leuki and Philip and Prince Karl were dead).  This plan came close to fruition before Terenos cut his head off in his first act of technical regicide (since the throne had passed to him as soon as he had killed his brother).

Edit:  King Erik just has a flesh wound, the bolt failed to even crack the skull on such a glancing blow.  Bandage and compress and not banging his head for a few weeks and he'll be fine.  Probably get a scar, though.

Edit 2:  Taric's remaining forces (and Taric) will arrive a few days later.  Slightly too late to contribute to this battle, unless they fight to a draw or lose and the defenders don't go on the advance.  I rolled to see if your men would obey your order, and then how they would interpret it.  A '5' would have been "camp around the castle until Taric arrives, then rush it with superior forces".  '6' was "kill the traitor now!"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 09:14:45 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 17, 2011, 09:14:22 pm »

Eric(k) is that badly hurt. Tis only a flesh wound.

You know, one that bleeds alot but don't do no damage...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 17, 2011, 09:16:10 pm »

So now then what should I do with my life... I have a single ducat and nothing else...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 17, 2011, 09:17:37 pm »

Iituem, if I don't have time to survey the field I have battle plans ready already. I just wanted to see if I could modify them in any way to get a terrain advantage, too :P
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 17, 2011, 09:17:50 pm »

WEYLAND! Land of opportunity! Exitement and fearsome Jarls!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »

Hey, when will my other forces arrive in Miring?

Taric, might I suggest holding off on the full blown assault? Archers provide a big bonus on walls, plus the +3 from the castle itself.
That's plus 5 or 6 right there. Unless you're lucky you could lose a lot of men?

But then again they won't have a lot of men to spare even if they win a couple rounds.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:25 pm »

Probably slightly after this battle.(Obvious above-gamereasoning here)
I tipped the balance as best I could. If I'd brought my regiments well..One of them is only tentatively loyal, hence I could not be sure of its allegiance in a battle.. Unless you wanted an Ambush regiment mixed in with our troops.
Hell even both could betray us at a crucial moment. One was Lady Drua's personal guard (so recruited from Chicane's estate.) and the other was a regiment of volunteers sent out to break the siege. Their loyalty is at least potentially suspect. Didn't think I should chance it.
(Ingame reasoning)
Grand Master Black is an arrogant jumped up priest. Probably wanted me out of the way so he could get up to something. I'm at least somewhat suspicious of him. I'm camped outside, with the military (and more specifically, my regiments) because I don't trust him, and I have to keep my escape options open.

-Posts above me-
Flame retardant curtain AWAY! *dramatic exit*
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:32 pm »

So now then what should I do with my life... I have a single ducat and nothing else...
The Weyland Highlands seem to be a good place for the rough and tumble sorts. And they don't have an extradition treaty with Elbreth yet.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2011, 09:18:59 pm »

Iituem, if I don't have time to survey the field I have battle plans ready already. I just wanted to see if I could modify them in any way to get a terrain advantage, too :P

Yep.  That's why I rolled for it.  You got a 1.  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 17, 2011, 09:19:41 pm »

To Weyland it is!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:15 pm »

That 1 is perfectly Ok. I'm trying to make sure they don't have that advantage, anyways.

In any case, can I consider this battle the beginning of Erik's training to rehabilitate his main-hand and/or begin to learn to fight with his off-hand?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 634