Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288524 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4965 on: October 14, 2011, 06:45:04 pm »

Is this trait fine?

Hatcuri Doctrine
+2 tactics
-100% Longer time to train human troops
-Doesn't work non-hatcuri trained troops.
Well, all right. Call the time taken one full season: announce at (roughly) the start of the season that you are training them, train them for the season (do not leave them to train themselves), and have them at the start of the next season. That'll work. Until such a time as training troops actually takes time/effort, then things will have to be rethunk.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: October 14, 2011, 06:48:31 pm »

I think they already need a season to be trained (And upgrade)...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: October 14, 2011, 06:49:27 pm »

Fine, two seasons.

Also I like how EVERYONE is trying to kill/displace/exile Retcyl :D.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: October 14, 2011, 06:50:38 pm »

Im not.

:)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: October 14, 2011, 07:00:47 pm »

I think they already need a season to be trained (And upgrade)...
Uh.
Do they? Well, yes, fine, two seasons, then. Potato potato.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: October 14, 2011, 07:54:17 pm »

Actually, I'd been thinking; what about in the hypothetical case of a large/alliance army, where multiple trait bearing leaders participate?

Concept: Just like how a player leads an army, and nameless subordinates (like with the Tactician upgrade) lead individual regiments, regiments in a larger army are split into Divisions by character affiliation, with the senior-most leader (in Ligoria's case, General Vandire, unless the Queen herself decides to lead the army) being appointed the supreme commander of the force.

As such, each trait may be a Strategy (for the army) or a Tactic* (for a Division- or, if it could remain balanced, a trait point might give one of each)- the supreme commander may only use one of the former per turn, while an ancillary general may only use the latter, which only affects his own division (conditional Strategies affect all divisions that qualify). Since the supreme commander can't use Tactics to cover the asses of their own division until theirs is the last remaining one (at which point the force is considered too small to use Strategies), they're encouraged to use non-crown (or whatever) troops as meatshields for their own troops.

Even if a leader has multiple Strategies or Tactics, they can only use one per turn.

Exampla Grata:

Samantha: Strategy- Conservationist: +2 to Tactics when Conserving Troops. Since CT works on a 3+, she may be considered to be using it automatically, preventing divisions from using opposed, overly-aggressive orders like Force Rout without directly contravening command.

Liira: Tactic- Battlefield Improvisation: If Liira's division is on the defensive (by actually defending, a flip, or Split Forces), and the opposing force has bonuses, she may roll to negate them using sudden, unconventional tactics and/or makeshift traps (2 or 3 fails; 4or 5 negates 1 point of bonuses, 6 negates 2 points- 1 fails and gives the division -1 to the battle roll).

(obviously, GM fiat/common sense would dictate that my 2 divisions of troops are too small for these rules to apply- it's only an example)

The army's supreme commander gives orders for all troops like normal, and selects a strategy- Division leaders normally only select Tactics for their division, but if they believe that their Supreme Commander's a total fucking idiot, they may give themselves a -1 in order to directly contravene orders and assign an order to their division manually, possibly either completely fucking up a well laid plan (and certainly earning the ire of their superior), but potentially salvaging a hopeless situation.

*To alleviate confusion, I'm referring to the tactics listed on the wiki as Orders.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:06:00 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: October 14, 2011, 07:59:12 pm »

Hmm, are pretty much all the nobles the Queen apoints expected to be generals for the kingdom, or have their own military forces?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: October 14, 2011, 08:02:22 pm »

Hmm, are pretty much all the nobles the Queen apoints expected to be generals for the kingdom, or have their own military forces?

Every noble's allowed to raise a regiment of Personal Guards by the base rules, at least; you're the Queen, you make the laws for your kingdom! In the above concept, it is possible for inexperienced leader not to have any traits; just expect them to lead the charge.  :P

ED: herpaderp, getting dwarmin confused for taricus
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:09:15 pm by HailFire »
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: October 14, 2011, 08:10:03 pm »

Actually, I'd been thinking; what about in the hypothetical case of a large/alliance army, where multiple trait bearing leaders participate?
Sounds overly complicated. I dunno. We'll figure it out when massive armies come into play. For now, one leader, and one set of traits per army will have to do.

Every noble's allowed to raise a regiment of Personal Guards by the base rules, at least; you're the Queen, you make the laws for your kingdom! In the above concept, it is possible for inexperienced leader not to have any traits; just expect them to lead the charge.
Dwarmin is not the queen.

Anyone who could reasonably have armed forces can recruit one unit of personal guard per year. Your two units of land gives you an additional 1 manpower per year. That's mechanically speaking, though I think that even Queen Psychobitch wouldn't deny nobles the right to personal guards.
I do not get the impression that your character has much experience leading an army, so she wouldn't get a trait.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: October 14, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »

It's not really that complicated: everything works the way it does now, except everyone who's leading troops in the army has the option of using one of their traits on the army (if they lead it) or their own troops (if they don't). As a separate (but related) rule, someone may elect to penalize themselves (with potentially serious repercussions) to strike out independently for a turn.

And I got excitable, don't judge me.  :P

ED: Also implying the possibility that some orders may/should be mutually exclusive
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:24:58 pm by HailFire »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: October 14, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »

Wouldn't mind anmupdate to my post, been a few days... I gave the GM the background info he wanted.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: October 14, 2011, 08:40:14 pm »

Wouldn't mind anmupdate to my post, been a few days... I gave the GM the background info he wanted.
Yeah, the Archbishop doesn't have any jobs for you at the moment. Things are quiet over in Moun.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:33 pm »

Weylandish Raider: Raids are conducted succesfully on a +3 instead of a +4. Additionally to the Gold Roll another Roll is conducted on Slaves captured during the raid. -1 in Defensive Battles (can be removed with the Defender Trait)
Description: Weylanders have become known for their raiding and ambushing Tactics during the last century and their bustling slave trade has become famous. To naughty children it is often told that if they don't behave, the Blôdvindrs will come and snatch them in the night, a tale which is actually true. They have become very experienced at Raiding and often people don't even have the chance to react before they are gone again, with all their bleongings and half their family...

Fearsome Reputation
: Enemy units need to do moral rolls if they clash with your troops. Your troops will fight to the death in any situation. -1 on Tactic Rolls ( can be removed by specialized Traits)
Description: Corvinus McRiars Svartblôds have not only become famous for them consisting only of bastards,oathbreakers and kinslayers but also for the sheer cruelty with which they do their job. Especially Corvinus is known for his outright brutality and his easily raisable temper which lead his troops to fear him more than even death. His outright ignorance in terms of prisoner treatment and the sheer despair with which his troops plunge into death let enemies think twice before they meet the Weylandish Mercenaries.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: October 14, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »

I want fearsome reputation all of sudden.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:50 pm »

Yeah, the Archbishop doesn't have any jobs for you at the moment. Things are quiet over in Moun.
Okay then was the backstory good? I'll make a different action soon
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 634