Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288634 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4695 on: October 09, 2011, 11:08:02 am »

Oh and who owns the paintings? Hugo or Tala?

Tala bought all of them, but most of them are Hugos work.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: October 09, 2011, 11:33:02 am »

Er Nuke, I'd just like to point out that 6s have to have some drawback to them...

EDIT: Also, bowler hats weren't around 'til the industrial era. Maybe a broad-rimmed hat with a feather instead?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:44:12 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: October 09, 2011, 12:04:41 pm »

I have no problem with a medieval mafioso.  :P Besides, there are many eccentric artists well before their time- one of them's a PC.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: October 09, 2011, 12:10:34 pm »

I'm just complaining about the clothing, is all :P

Also, would Laythe know about the things mentoned here:

[6] You manage to find several people which have a definite air of...shadiness.

-One of the green sashed guards is charming a pretty young society madame quite convincingly. You can't help but hear they seem to be talking about a secret places they could get away to be alone.

-A group of businessmen are discussing in no uncertain terms about the status of a certain 'shipment'. Apparently the 'Shipment' has come up missing, and they speak openly about finding someone to locate it...the way they speak makes you suspect something.

-A besotted gentlemen catches your eye, because he seems to be seated alone, and is staring quite angrily at a woman across the hall, who is dancing with another woman...as you pass by, you can make him out muttering the words 'payback' and 'get what they deserve'

-You spot a twitchy young man staring at the painting"The Faceless regiment", with a disturbing intensity. He seems to be a servant of some sort, so it's doubtful he could afford to buy it on his pay if he wanted it.

Whom, if any, do you approach-and how do you introduce yourself?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: October 09, 2011, 12:19:11 pm »

Well, I figure you would need a search roll, so lets say...

6 Gets you all the encounters, but the people you approach will also have been watching you-which explains why Ashton ran into a trap :P

5 Gets you all encounters with no surprises.

4 Gets you all the encounters but one, randomly chosen

3 Would let you find the man staring at the painting, and the Green Sashed Guard/Young Madame, since they fairly stand out.

1, 2 gets you nothing
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: October 09, 2011, 12:20:37 pm »

Roll it then.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: October 09, 2011, 12:44:58 pm »

Yar, I don't really mind who rolls my combat with Awalia either, just hoping I don't die but then again I can always create a new character if I do.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: October 09, 2011, 12:46:57 pm »

I don't even know the combat system, but I do sort of remember reading the GM wants to have important rolls like that to himself.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: October 09, 2011, 12:47:57 pm »

Well, they might get a cop raid in the middle of the fight, so that may be something to take into consideration.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: October 09, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »

Well, unless we want a ~TIME PARADOX~ the man in the green coat will have to escape, or your guards will let him escape, then track him down, I guess.

Also, randomly executing a homophobic drunks?
Dwarmin approves (+5)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: October 09, 2011, 12:59:45 pm »

May I ask what kind of work I'll be doing with these guys? Or maybe a (very) short  bio on Awalia?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: October 09, 2011, 01:05:28 pm »

Actually, I was going to let them hold off until he arrives and starts Kawakai and Awalia's duel.

EDIT: It's less that he's homophobic, and more that he's going to try something very, very stupid.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:07:06 pm by Taricus »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: October 09, 2011, 01:09:23 pm »

Oh, probably something related to [INSERT ILLEGAL GOOD HERE].

Really, I'll have to search the thread for something that the Queen considers highly illegal contraband, which they of course, sell for obscene profit.

Your characters job will likely be finding and eliminating or threatening competition, to start. If you go further, you'll be doing personal jobs and bodyguard duties for the jerk in the Green coat. You'll certainly make lots of money, and get underworld connections, if they don't kill you.

@Taricus: Alright, since I would be biased in that roll-as you can see above, I've already written up a small story on it-can we get another person not directly involved to make it? Also, Kawakai will almost certainly be executed along with the criminals if captured so...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: October 09, 2011, 01:12:11 pm »

Well, Kawakai can talk them out of it. If not, that's two guards with hatcuri skin cloaks  ;D

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: October 09, 2011, 01:27:27 pm »

Er Nuke, I'd just like to point out that 6s have to have some drawback to them...
Well, yes. Drawbacks:
-Its actually hard to have drawbacks from scouting
-There is no prior structure to the banditry, and the bandits are sort-of opposed to creating some.
-That Quartermaster is an honourable man. Dressing as the enemy is not honourable.

Oh Ok, I'll take that as permission and run the rest of the rolls for that then as I was covering that story-line, it'll be against Shola as it's among the closest to Ligoria although a more likely target because it's also closer to Galam than Mileth and the island is inaccessible considering Corvus lacks a ship. I'll edit it into my action.
Um. I'm not sure how you interpreted that as permission. But, ok, you've done it now... except, I'm not actually happy with how easy you made that for him. Why is there a barely-defended village where a city should be? Why do they not get a chance to learn of this invasion force, and muster some more troops? Why does he know the Ligorian National Anthem?

EDIT: HOLY SHIT this queen is fucking INSANE

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:30:00 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 634