Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288933 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4140 on: October 01, 2011, 03:19:03 am »

Done with Elf

We're gonna need to find a ruling for 'pulling wealth out of your ass' for ashtons batteries.

I specified to spend 1 ducat on the raw materials before selling them :-\ presumably it'd have normal trade mechanics applied to it and by manufacturing them I'm essentially rolling to turn a tier (0.2?) good into into a tier (0.5?) good (I know that's a bit warped but I think you'll understand). So rolling for buying the raw materials, increasing their value and then selling them.

Quote from: Tala
"David? What an interesting name...So, what do you do here? This is my first trip to the capital..."
Charm away-clearly he can be useful. I've just got to get his attention.

[4] "Well I'm a guard, which I hope you can tell", Tala batted her eyes and winked "Fine, I'll let you through this once! But don't expect the queen to see you." David stepped aside and allowed Tala into the castle.

Erm, I was already *in* the castle, I thought? I was looking for a potential contact in the palace.

By my own idea, I was just stopped outside the throne/meeting room, or close to it.
Apologies, I missed that bit  :-[ yar, like taricus said I 'spose you can assume you just got let into an antechamber.

EDIT: Wait a minute... just read what you said before and I was right - you were in the castle grounds, so within the walls but not actually inside the castle proper, as in with a roof above your head. That's what I thought you were trying to do, get acsess to the inside part of the castle, sorry about that... ops? I think... I don't know actually, nevermind.

Kawakai: You manage to get the loan from the bank, totaling about three ducats. Of course, in order to get the loan, they want you to demonstrate what sort of business that you want to open, and thus request a meeting with you.
By this do you mean they've written back and agreed to the loan but want a meeting to confirm the details and for the money to physically be handed over?

Also to Micelus I'll probably be ready to leave by the time you wake up, just got to do the two meetings and try to sell of some apheni's first - time for king Eric style time warping  :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:02:46 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: October 01, 2011, 03:20:33 am »

@Re: Language - Iituem made the majority language of the Storm Coast Samak (how is that hard to remember?), from my Samakhet people, but I like that they'd call it proper themselves.

And I can't believe I missed the inn scene completely. This game moves too fast. I can meet them in a whorehouse too, but it's a bit harder to think for a reason to approach the pair when they're, err, preoccupied with eachother.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: October 01, 2011, 03:39:16 am »

I'm awake...Heck we could probably leave before I sleep if a GM rushes your turns.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: October 01, 2011, 05:10:28 am »

Hey, elfeater? Could you maybe... expand on your character a little? Or at all?
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: October 01, 2011, 05:55:41 am »

Ohohoho I just got a great idea on how to throw my character near Hugo and William. Writing now.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: October 01, 2011, 06:00:41 am »

>_>

Why do you want to. Much as I love giant homosexual orgies, you know, this game is supposed to be about, like, politics and shit. Friends with benefits can only get you so far.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: October 01, 2011, 07:04:26 am »

>_>

Why do you want to. Much as I love giant homosexual orgies, you know, this game is supposed to be about, like, politics and shit. Friends with benefits can only get you so far.

Yeah, umm, politics and stuff. I'm sure Hugo can introduce him to Retcyl, and he can then begin a career as an elite Hatcuri operative. But anyhow, finished the post, enjoy. The sailors aren't supposed to interfere with anything, they'll just get kicked out, though it would be more fun if someone rolled for that.

I guess I godmodded a little, so I can edit if someone thinks there's something wrong with my post.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: October 01, 2011, 07:10:08 am »

Whaaat.

I can appreciate the sort of man who is so self confident that he expects people to let him into a random room in a whorehouse. Though I can't guarantee that Hugo would appreciate the sort of man who would knock on his door in a whorehouse.

Ah, well. There will be other men, and other whorehouses.

Let me just open the door to see what the fuss is about, and we can lay some smackdown on those sailors together.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: October 01, 2011, 07:13:38 am »

Every time you find yourself a nice, handsome man and are about to get busy with him, I'll arrive with yet another group of big, burly men pursuing me and cockblock you.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: October 01, 2011, 08:44:36 am »

Oh yeah, and Tala's speech is really hard to read.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: October 01, 2011, 09:26:26 am »

How did combat work, anyhow? Though I suspect the sailors would rather flee than face someone with an actual weapon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: October 01, 2011, 09:29:11 am »

William has about four. His two knives in his boots, his crimson blade, and the boots that when you press the heels a sharp short knife-point pops out the ends. Oh and the fight rules are on the front page of the new thread I think.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:41:33 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: October 01, 2011, 09:46:45 am »

I can't find it, but as far as I remember, it's dice roll vs dice roll (loser loses -1 HP), plus bonuses and penalties. I'm guessing it would be a +1 Numbers bonus for the sailors and a Weapon bonus for William?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: October 01, 2011, 09:55:27 am »

Player vs Player Combat:  In the event two characters go at each other with weapons, rolls will be as per battles; opposed rolls with the winner highest.  Each character starts with three hitpoints and will lose a hitpoint on a lose or draw (winning a roll, you don't lose a hp).  Having a shield or armour (include it in your preparations) counts as a +1 and having a weapon counts as a +1.  Having guards also counts as (only) a +1.  Other modifiers may be applied by me or the King, depending on who is doing the combat rolls.  First to zero hitpoints is dead or incapacitated (and thus at the victor's mercy).  Beating your enemy's roll by 5 means you inflict 2hp damage instead of 1hp.
Meat Shields:  To stretch combats like this out, having 3 guards gives you a bonus 3hp that you can lose in a fight instead.  Of course, every time you lose one of those hp you'll lose a third of your guards.  Having 2 guards grants a bonus 2hp, 1 guard grants an extra hp.  I'm going to rule that even if you have a whole platoon of guards around you, you can only effectively have up to 3 bodyguards in a given combat.

NPC's generally have 2 HP rather than 3 but as they're all members of a mob rather than specific charchters I guess they'd have 1 HP each and as a collective they'd have 3 HP and a weapon advantage.

Also shall we advance into summer soonish?
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: October 01, 2011, 10:12:55 am »

Call it one head sailor (2hp) with three bodyguards (the other sailors), totalling 5 hp and a +1 combat roll, against William and his... assorted weaponry, backed up by Etiac and Hugo (counting as bodyguards for this fight), for a total of 5hp with a +2 combat roll. Also, as the sailors are fighting with their fists, it would not be a fight to the death so much as a fight to the incapacitated, whereupon the guard arrives and the winners run off.

Just need someone neutral to roll the fight (I don't think we need round-by-round commentary, just keep rolling until one side wins)

Also, it looks like everyone has handled their introductions, and done a season's worth of actions, so yeah, we should probably tie up the season soonish.
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 634