Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289219 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3720 on: September 28, 2011, 03:09:48 pm »

Priories, abbies, monasteries. That sort of thing.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: September 28, 2011, 03:12:02 pm »

Really small thing for nuke and taric, above the reserve posts and taric's it says YAK:subtitle pending rather than YAK: Tales of the Storm Coast because only the OP was updated and I think each post needs updating individually which would look prettier and stop me being bugged by it.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: September 28, 2011, 04:21:08 pm »

So any one wanna be my mercanaries?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: September 28, 2011, 04:21:36 pm »

I have to dig through here on the proposals i made for trade changes....i'll repost them together in the new OOC thread
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: September 28, 2011, 04:34:49 pm »

Finally got around to doing my character. say what you think, I will make sure everything is in order.

Nikephoros Vandire
Human
Male
37 years old
Mercenary captain.

Bio:A son of a trooper and a camp follower, he was born with war in his blood. He did not know his father, so his mother did her best to keep the boy safe. That did not last long, as he quickly took to his destined trade. A mercenary captain grew fond of the boy, so he did his best to provide him with training in combat and a little education that never went beyond reading military manuals and writing basic letters and instructions. Nikephoros grew to like books for their knowledge though, so he always tries to keep a couple with him, although he sticks to what he knows best: descptions of battles, fencing manuals and siege and engineering graphs.

His life-long service and a small dose of luck helped him achieve a status of a mercenary captain of a regiment "Vandire's Bastards", although he lost many good people and close ones and as such became quite reserved and cynical.

His regiment is a mixed one, with half of men armed with polearms of various kind, and the other with short weapons and few small guns(medium infantry?). Vandire himself always wears studded leather armor and a short, heavy sword as well as a backup pistol and a long dagger. He never got to wear anything better, mainly because of money and partially because of his style. He fights fast and dirty, and usually tries to finish his enemies off as quickly as possible, a trait acquired during his battle experiences, although he is familiar with some fencing styles and is capable of using a saber or a broadsword when needed.

E: Looks: Average stature, 5'9. Gaunt face and lean but muscly looks as a result of strenous activities of war: hunger, captivity and combat. Blue-grey eyes and a crop of short black hair and a small, rough beard of the same colour.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:42:29 pm by Ardas »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: September 28, 2011, 04:39:16 pm »

Name:Max Yeskly
Job:Mercenary leader
Bio:A noblemans son, who hated the prim and proper life, left. He took his money and some loyal guards and left. He found his way to a major town and began get offers to be a bodyguard. He accepted. now he is renown as a mercenary thought the area.His group has grown to a full regiment of men.
Posseions:Sword, horse, chainmail hauberk, pistol
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:40:49 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: September 28, 2011, 04:42:19 pm »

From Iituem early on:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My own edits:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Again all my stuff needs Iituem so yeah. We'll see
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3727 on: September 28, 2011, 04:54:07 pm »

Figured out what I'm doing for a character, but won't show up til later.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: September 28, 2011, 05:10:16 pm »

Just woke up. Haven't read the last few pages on any of the YaK threads. Just saying to ashton that hatcuri magic is gained through piety; it isn't automatic.

EDIT: Also it involves self-sacrifice or valuables.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:15:15 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: September 28, 2011, 05:13:38 pm »

CG, can you simply the trade more? I don't know how many merchants are we gonig to have this time round, but I got pretty tired of waiting for stuff to happen because of constant rule revisoins and the number crunching. thatkid got pretty cheesed off at one point because of this.

How about we have simple trade routes and ships assigned and a constant revenue from these. Then the revenue can be modified with rolls and modifieer such as number of ships per lane, the warehouses and other infrastructure that you have, any taxes and seasonal rolls to see how well you did in the markets.

I would like to reduce the trade down as much as possible to have it do nothing more than make money in absence of land to sponsor politics and intrigues. That way the merchants can participate in politics and fight for any privileges and trade routes instead of sailing to and fro.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: September 28, 2011, 05:30:13 pm »

OOC: For Storm Coast game. Just tossing this into see if it's crazy overpowered or not. :P

Name:Anthramarux/Tala Alanis
Race: Red Dragoness/Form of a Female Human

Bio: Talathraxis is fairly young as Dragons go-a young adult, to be precise...she's taken after her Mothers example of 'infiltrating' Human society in Human form, thought she does so more out of geuine curiosity and a desire for mortal pleasures and excitement than actual malice...

Her cover is a young, previously unknown daughter of a noblewoman-the heir apparent daughter of her mothers human guise, in fact-with a small fortune to spend, and not much oversight on how she does so. Anthramarux isn't quite sure what will happen-, but at least it's bound to be exciting!

Looks: Her Dragon form is about as large as an elephant, with green eyes, yellow frills, bright red Crimson scales and a pale white underbelly. Her tail froms a smashing club at the very tip.

Her Human form is that of a pleasant looking 24 year old woman with green eyes, red hair and healthy looking bronzed skin. In fact, she almost looks *too* perfect-no flaws, no scars, no callouses...a perceptive person could almost think she had been sculpted from clay by some sort of artist with an ideal of what a Human would look like...

Rules! (to be added, edited at GM's discretion)

-Her Dragon form is Elephantish sized.
-Changing deliberately from form to form takes about an hour, and requires a change of clothes and a quiet place.
-She can fly, but not very far, and mostly stuck to the ground.
-She can breath fire, but not more than thrice a day. It makes her hungrier.
-She needs at least one large meal a week, that she must obtain by hunting, or having a large amount of food deliver to safe place.
-Her Funds are only as limited as it takes for people to get suspicious enough to start digging.
-Her Human form is almost indistinguishable from the real thing, except to very powerful magic users. There are subtle cues that the perceptive can make out-a subtle scent of sulfur, a strange luminosity to her eyes-which can sometimes be seen to be slitted-, a somewhat disturbing shadow that doesn't match her form and her tendency to enjoy lots of red meat and wine a little too much...
-If wounded, excited or enraged, she may turn back into a Dragon unwillingly-this happens much faster, and she usually cannot control herself in this state. :P

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: September 28, 2011, 05:32:03 pm »

Crazy overpowered. No dragons.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: September 28, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »

I wouldn't accept this due o it bein low fantasy, but only due to the magic.

Considering a dragon is a large target, and we have cannons...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: September 28, 2011, 05:33:59 pm »

BTW i think we should somehow integrate an experience system for units. I was saddened to see regiments who had survived three or four battles only to die at the hand of some freshly raised standard infantry regiments...just an idea on a side note...

Name: Corvinus McRiar
Ocupation: Weylandish Envoy/ Mercenary Captain of the "Svartblôd"-Weyrangians

Bio:
Since the death of Corv Manskinner, Donald McMurray had taken leadership over the Jarldom and fulfilled the vision of The Jarl...or at least he thought so. The Jarldom Of Weyland had become one of the greatest exporters of Mercenaries and trained Slaves.

Weyland Mercenaries mostly known as Weyrangian Guards are prized for their for normal mercenaries extreme sense of loyality and steadfastness even in sight of unsurmountable odds.

Corvinus McRiar was born as the son of Corvus McRiar a man who, rumor had it, was the bastard of the deceased Corvus Manskinner although this had never been verified. The McRiars having always formed the personal guard of the Jarl continued so even for McMurray and often command the Armies of the Jarldom from positions as Captains or Lieutenants. Corvinus is no exception, being born a bastard, normal Clansmen would never follow him. Thus he created the Svartblôd-Companies, groups of Bastardsons,Kinslayers and other Outcasts of the Jarldom who didn't leave anything behind in their homeland. By joining these Regiments they lose their status as Outcasts and instead are treated like equals among their people. How he could achieve that? Well Rumour has it that Old Reg McRiar held Corvinus dear and raised him among his grandchildren.

Well rumour also has it that the old Jarl Fred McMurray (the tenth son of Donald) got wind of the boy and after an enlightening talk decided to send the Bastard off to test him...or maybe to get rid of him?

EDIT: WUT DRAGONS? Erhm...Dwarmin LOW Fantasy...try it with Hatcuri if you are into Scales...

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 05:37:04 pm by Ghazkull »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: September 28, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »

I believe players can't take another race than the humans or the hatcuri (and to a lesser extent, the vadud family).

E: so many mercenary captains...
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 634