Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289992 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 16, 2011, 08:14:10 am »

Pffff. Good luck with that!

Ohwait, shite. I meant to tell Aulon -before- riding away. D'oh!  :-\
Guess Trubaldsome isn't all there at the moment. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 16, 2011, 08:14:46 am »

HAH! ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2011, 08:17:22 am »

"Good luck with that!"?
Im Terenos d'Avistral! The Black Shadow of Elbreth. You, are a foppish dandy.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 16, 2011, 08:18:14 am »

...I get +5 in combat for Waery-ness. So there! ;D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 16, 2011, 08:19:34 am »

Oi, I'm with him too.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 16, 2011, 08:23:07 am »

Damnit Trubaldsome, the King is going to be cross with me that you fled for Miring, don't make me hunt you down too! :D

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:33 am »

"Good luck with that!"?
Im Terenos d'Avistral! The Black Shadow of Elbreth. You, are a foppish dandy.
...I get +5 in combat for Waery-ness. So there! ;D

I have to say, Waery is a Badass Normal.  Now that Manning's been taken on by a PC, he's pretty much the most badass NPC in the game.

Edit:  Somewhat hilariously (if you've a dark sense of humour), I just realised that I made a mistake on the battle calculations.  Elbreth should actually have lost another unit at Round 4 in the Preston battle because going onto the offensive negated the Archer bonus.  Based on the 'Weakest Die First' principle, it would probably have been the Archers themselves (i.e. Trubaldsome's men) or Manning's Crew.  Not that this could have stood a chance of saving Preston, but it would have made the battle hurt a touch more.

That said, I stand by my "no recall" rule on previous rulings.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:40:43 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 16, 2011, 08:34:56 am »

Yeah... Ain't nobody taking over my Waery! :P Mainly because shouting at him is Trubaldsome's main response to most events. There are always openings in the regiment, however!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 16, 2011, 08:39:05 am »

okay why do i get into all the shit? U mean really I dont want to  die
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 16, 2011, 08:46:12 am »

I added Culture and Economy onto the Duchy page. I can't stop writing. If I continue like this, that page will soon be larger than every other article in the wiki combined.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 16, 2011, 09:24:37 am »

okay why do i get into all the shit? U mean really I dont want to  die

Well, in terms of what you've actually gotten into (OOC boasting/posturing doesn't count or matter), it's a fairly logical consequence to extorting people.  Some will just fight back.  Especially since so far you've rolled a 6 (success but with negative consequences) and a 1 (failure with terrible consequences).

In terms of dying, the GMs usually won't outright kill you unless you're being a complete idiot or it's a "to the death" battle (in which case it's a viable risk because of dramatic tension).  A good example would be Terenos d'Avistral, who has lucked out on not one but two "to the death" battles with NPCs (The Council Chamber Massacre + Chicane von Trubaldsome).  Had he been unsuccessful, his character would have died as a logical consequence of the battle.  Though I daresay it would have been a fairly glorious sort of death.

PvP combat also carries the risk of being killed outright, though it depends on the contest.  A friendly duel in which nobody cheats is probably going to only result in broken arms for the loser (less if it's a fist-fight, or if it's to the yield rather than to unconsciousness), but a serious duel between two enemies will probably only avoid death for the loser if the victor is inclined to take him prisoner.  Hikaru's Brother vs King Elbreth would be an excellent example of a "to the death" PvP fight, in which I quite honestly feared King Erik was going to die despite his guard advantage.  His luck turned at the last minute, but even though he was the King and I was on the verge of banning adwarf anyway I would have had to have killed him if the mage had won the battle.

That said, the GM may kill you if you do something so ridiculously stupid that you can thoroughly expect to die (i.e. single-handedly charge an entire army).  Whilst we prefer not to kill PCs with mooks, it can happen.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:30:36 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #326 on: August 16, 2011, 09:39:07 am »

That's why I stay away from all your silly wars, and just do crazy stuff like gamble for monkeys.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2011, 09:40:57 am »

That said, the GM may kill you if you do something so ridiculously stupid that you can thoroughly expect to die (i.e. single-handedly charge an entire army).  Whilst we prefer not to kill PCs with mooks, it can happen.
like charging two regiments by yourself with only a single crossbow while blind
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2011, 09:41:34 am »

Wow, I'm not sounding Aulon-like right now at all. Gotta keep in mind who I'm supposed to be playing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 16, 2011, 10:22:38 am »

like charging two regiments by yourself with only a single crossbow while blind
Actually only one, because unless I'm not mistaken one of your regiments is in Sull, plus I'm not silly enough to CHARGE at you, I'm a marksman who's survived in the wilds for years remember, stalking you for weeks isn't out of the question when I rescue Kytuzian (and possibly take out a few clansmen stealthily in the process) + I got my pets to help me out  :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 634