Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289725 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3135 on: September 12, 2011, 11:50:24 pm »

*flips table*

Oh for gods sake, DOES NOONE TAKE NOTICE OF MY TURNS?! I was going to investigate the stretched stocking and got passed over AGAIN.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: September 13, 2011, 03:44:34 am »

Hey, I'm just trying to adjust and make it fun to you guys as well. So please don't flip out on me if I'm doing my stuff. Asking is sufficient.  There is no need for any maths, since CG is willing to completely deal with that.
I am planning to do something else than trading, But I got stuck on the bloody trade, since i need money to get started with the thing I have in mind.

E: Ok, thats it. Lets not talk about this any further. Its just causing unnecesary disputes. No hard feeelings towards anyone here. Just please keep any animosites that your character has IC, I don't want to cause any more bad blood OOC.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:49:13 am by Ardas »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: September 13, 2011, 08:25:57 am »

hey if you want to develop any country wait for me to finish of McKinley...i would propably need someone who was taking care of the Slave Trade :D

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: September 13, 2011, 12:32:01 pm »

So Iituem, does that 40% tax on business only count if i set up shop IN Suul then? If so, i might take him up on the offer...
Ghaz, i had plans once your area settled down to come and fun a market or 2 if i could. The mountains have some nice resources that'd be good for export - for both of us.

Now...

*put "Ass-hat" on*

All i have to say to everyone whining is: "Knights & Merchants". Was a great game. If you're whining you don't get to stab enough things, blame the drama that Yoink started IC. If he'd played nice with his fellow nobles you'd all probably be leading 3x the troops you currently have into eastern Brighthall...or Weylands...or something. Instead, you lost -literally- an army and failed to solve the Trubaldsome issue. Whine about that.

Me, Ardas and Cherry are also, as shown, planning to explore the known and yet unmapped world for all you whiners. As soon as i get east of Vasir, if you all wanna continue to complain we'll complete avoid your area and trade elsewhere. Since Vasir made almost 2d this SEASON in taxes, i doubt Erik wants that. In the next 2-3 seasons i plan to generate at least 2-4d/season in both Suul and Elbreth. At some point i may show up in Elbreth to propose the same thing Ardas did, with some slight differences...we'll see how plan B turns out for me in Vasir.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #3139 on: September 13, 2011, 12:35:21 pm »

I'd like to point out that I was never for killing, I just wanted to point out that we use to have no merchants, but now we have like 2 or 3.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: September 13, 2011, 01:02:50 pm »

So? What we need are some larger 'nobles' for Suul and W/e the capital of the Storm Coast is. Besides our latest member is a merc in Weyland. So that's not even close
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:08:21 pm by CyberGenesis »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: September 13, 2011, 01:08:21 pm »

The only reason I'm whining is because being a merchant is a game breaker.  The way things are with merchanting is that you get 11d to begin with if your a member of the trade guild of the storm coast.Which everyone is.
A lord has to fight and risk life and limb just to get three ducats a year and the ability to raise a small army. The lord's life is most likely short and violent but filled with action and adventure.
The worse merchants face is losing a bit of profit and a shitty ship. Where's the excitement? Where's the intrigue? You make money and then you can do whatever you want. You don't have to fight for it, kill for it. Your character doesn't have a chance of dieing that most lords or adventurers do.

That's where I think most of the animosity towards merchants comes from. Plus the money always makes people moderately pissed off. Plus how you can make a years worth of taxes from one season of travel.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: September 13, 2011, 01:32:23 pm »

Thing is, if a few merchants would unite in this game they would be even stronger than Elberth which has super heroes for agents and lords. Say we have 2 merchants, they could establish a larger army than any nation.

Being a merchant is broken in this game because the economical system isn't detailed enough.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: September 13, 2011, 01:51:32 pm »

uhm you forgot  that you need to find that many mercs...they cant summon soldiers from thin air...and finding that many cheap mercs isnt that easy apart from the fact that you need to ship them in...

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:09 pm »

imo itiuem spent a lot of time on the economy. He's one guy, not a team of developers from a perfect world that can amazingly create a perfect battle system, trade system, and economy. You'll also note that developing the economy and a couple other things stressed him out so don't whine when it isn't perfect.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: September 13, 2011, 02:04:04 pm »

Except a merc just joined the game...

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: September 13, 2011, 02:09:06 pm »

Economics will always be broken in any game unless they are as detailed as in the real world. That would need a fully, to the bone player driven economy and that needs a lot of players.

EDIT: Aswell as a free market where developers or gamemasters lack control.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:12:54 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: September 13, 2011, 02:33:43 pm »

Quote from: filiusenox
The only reason I'm whining is because being a merchant is a game breaker.  The way things are with merchanting is that you get 11d to begin with if your a member of the trade guild of the storm coast.Which everyone is.
You get a 5d DEBT and thats it.
I started with a ship because i risked DEATH in my opening moves to steal it.
Ardas started with nothing
Hanja has a 1 hold ship, twice the loan power but half of it is already used up

A lord has to fight and risk life and limb just to get three ducats a year and the ability to raise a small army. The lord's life is most likely short and violent but filled with action and adventure.
You dont HAVE to risk anything. No one is twisting limbs around here (yet) for any nobles to do anything. The entire incident in preston and miring was Terenos' fault.
-On that note: you actually CAN raise an army. We have no land to draw manpower. Without Sea Raider on a ship, we cant steal manpower either. So what i have now is the best i can deal with till next year when i can raise a personal guard unit

The worse merchants face is losing a bit of profit and a shitty ship. Where's the excitement? Where's the intrigue? You make money and then you can do whatever you want. You don't have to fight for it, kill for it. Your character doesn't have a chance of dieing that most lords or adventurers do.
No, we face death. Pirate encounters, weather, etc. We face annoyed nobles, kings, other guilds. You seem to not understand that the merchantile aspect of life in the middle ages was NOT a safe one. Merchants were stabbed in their sleep by competitors neigh daily.

imo itiuem spent a lot of time on the economy. He's one guy, not a team of developers from a perfect world that can amazingly create a perfect battle system, trade system, and economy. You'll also note that developing the economy and a couple other things stressed him out so don't whine when it isn't perfect.
Which is why i've been working to break it down to a less explosive rate of growth. Because to be honest, the businesses we can start cost a lot, the return sucks, and we can actually assist a king with most of them - But we have no real use of a small fortune. We cant use it for anything but MORE trade or MORE businesses. The rate of return on a business is 3 YEARS to break even on what you spent to get it running.

Quote from: vagel7
Thing is, if a few merchants would unite in this game they would be even stronger than Elberth which has super heroes for agents and lords. Say we have 2 merchants, they could establish a larger army than any nation.

Being a merchant is broken in this game because the economical system isn't detailed enough.
If you people would actually READ the trade rules you'd know that the economic system is actually rather well made and protects us from the king as much as it protects the king from us. For the reasons stated above: We cant raise armies
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:41:07 pm by CyberGenesis »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: September 13, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »

Can't we all just agree that both nobles and merchants are OP and crap at the same time? They each have certain weaknesses and advantages which can seem more overpowering or weak.

My guy isn't a noble or a merchant, I'm not complaining.

EDIT: I do however agree that the economy is taxing on Iituem. Even if CyberGenisis is trying to break it down. Iituem simply didn't expect to have to make up rolls and rules for trading and such a complex economy.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:57:23 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: September 13, 2011, 03:00:12 pm »

Very good answers to my whining, Cyber, I forgot that you were a pirate before a merchant.
And a lot of those make sense.

I forgot it was 5d that you received from the guild as debt and i'm sorry for that mistake.But that's quite a few ducats still. Around a quarter of a small kingdom's income right there.

Really, Terenos didn't do anything wrong though.

I realize I've been being a troll about this. I apologize.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 634