Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289764 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3075 on: September 11, 2011, 07:34:52 pm »

Will make a post in a second, taking a break from homework now.

Also, Iituem...I missed you. <3
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: September 11, 2011, 09:09:46 pm »

Also, Iituem...I missed you. <3

Same here! :)
And damnit High Priest, with your completely unauthorised attempt to... I don't know, send my citizens on a suicide mission to Suul? Anyway, now you have Suul allying with Elbreth to completely screw us over. >:(
Well, that's not good. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: September 11, 2011, 09:11:56 pm »

Oh come on. The best and only outcome for Miring right now is as a severely crippled vassal state to Elbreth. And Trubaldsome will likely be known as the Prince thereof. With only the powers of a Duke.

Even though I will advise against this in character. I want it to happen OOC! Because damnit, someones got to be a seditious noble. And its not going to be me.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: September 11, 2011, 09:13:16 pm »

Whats your idea of super soliders, Taricus?
Mine is either going to be a slightly changed human, like the SPARTAN II brands from Halo universe.
Or if I feel like a mad sceintist this...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:27:42 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: September 11, 2011, 09:21:27 pm »

Varies from standard elites to near complete changing (Like the space marines).
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: September 11, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »

An artist named Keith Thompson is your idea of a super-soldier? (the picture, it does not show)

And I agree, Terenos. We need a conniver of the Trubaldsome variety, and Trubaldsome fits the bill. It's a shame that Erik wants his head right now.

Also, it looks like my attempt to play Suul against Miring has not worked out exactly as planned. However, my suspicion that Brighthall and Suul are very close politically has been confirmed somewhat.
It's going to be difficult, but I think I know of a way we can weaken those bonds or, better yet, completely sever them. It's going to take a massive effort though.

It does feel like the Archbishop is getting cocky, though, and that's always good.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: September 11, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »

Not to mention you can just plain lie about my religion :P

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: September 11, 2011, 09:25:22 pm »

Not to mention you can just plain lie about my religion :P
Taric is a whole-hearted devotee to the Suulian Orthodox, who was enraged to find out that there was a Cyclist temple on the land he was given, I thought?

Why would I need to lie?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: September 11, 2011, 09:26:18 pm »

That works perfectly ;D

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:31 pm »

Fixed the picture.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: September 11, 2011, 09:29:42 pm »

Fixed the picture.
I seriously want to know how you plan to make that happen in You Are King.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: September 11, 2011, 09:31:58 pm »

The problem between us and Suul is going to be religion. While we promote Cyclism, we're going to lose ground with Suul (And assumedly Brighthall).
I have the feeling that the Archbishop will not make the religious difference between our nations a rather large point, but he is still manuevering against us. If Brighthall is Orthodox, and Suul is obviously Orthodox, then the only province bordering us that is undecided, religion wise, is Weyland. And the offer has been made to make Weyland into an Orthodox state.

We will then be surrounded on all sides by states opposed to us in Religion. And I would bet a rather modest amount that they would work to protect themselves against any aggression from us, citing religion as the main reason. So we have to move to secure Weyland as a Cyclist land, or shift ourselves back to being officially Orthodox, while we move to expand our empire.

And yeah. Trubaldsome is our best conniver -currently-. I'll admit, Some of the rest of us might have some plans being laid. But the only interior threat to the kingdom is Trubaldsome. Hence...I am loathe to see him die.Im loathe to see any PC die really.

Oh and if anyones curious, Terenos d'Avistral is a lapsed member of a currently undocumented religion. It might be noticed that he sometimes swears by the "Lords Above". This is not accidental. More details potentially in time. I actually have a write up of a land that will probably go up here soon (I do have my own game to finish a turn on).
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: September 11, 2011, 09:50:22 pm »

Fixed the picture.

First off, there's a principle of balance, since there is an Anti-magic mineral there should be a pure-magic mineral. Magic is forcing change unto the world, so, i can use the magic mineral to force change upon some hapless idiot...
First is the experimentation with the magic mineral, then a line of dogs will be breed with the qualities that i am looking for.
Then the dogs blood will be put into the human and then the person will be exposed to the magic mineral. Ethier nothing will happen and the project will be terminated or something happens and the effects will be attempted to control by using the scientific procedure.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: September 11, 2011, 09:52:14 pm »

Fixed the picture.

Possible.  Would take magic, funding and a whole lot of luck, but possible.

There's a small chance that would succeed the way you planned.  It would possibly fail outright, it might succeed in some way you didn't expect - or it might succeed exactly as you expect but lead to a race of xenophobic dog-men who consider themselves the racial superiors to hatcuri and humanity alike and lead a war of genocide on the world.

I might dislike magic in general, but I do like its potential for fallout.

[Okay, I have got to get to sleep.  Unwittingly stayed up reading the Aurora LPs...]
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: September 11, 2011, 09:53:55 pm »

Fixed the picture.

First off, there's a principle of balance, since there is an Anti-magic mineral there should be a pure-magic mineral. Magic is forcing change unto the world, so, i can use the magic mineral to force change upon some hapless idiot...
First is the experimentation with the magic mineral, then a line of dogs will be breed with the qualities that i am looking for.
Then the dogs blood will be put into the human and then the person will be exposed to the magic mineral. Ethier nothing will happen and the project will be terminated or something happens and the effects will be attempted to control by using the scientific procedure.
Your plan operates on several unconfirmed assumptions, but my post was more a challenge to you to make it happen. :P

Terenos: I've thought about the issue of religion, and that's been the major factor with everything involving plans against Suul. What I'm hoping for, is that going into the next IG-year (which is really far away) we'll be able to recruit a bunch of missionaries, set up a university, and then start sending them into Brighthall en masse over the course of a few years.

E: What we really need is everything to calm down a bit so we can start building the infrastructure needed to start long campaigns against other nations. We don't have that right now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:56:21 pm by thatkid »
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 634