Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 286288 times)

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #2280 on: August 28, 2011, 05:11:18 pm »

Really, you have worse fates coming if Taric dies. (Yes, this IS related...)
This would be interesting, especially if Kara began to use her position to manipulate her various would-be lovers to complete her plans behind her brother's back. Could you imagine that power struggle?

But yes; if Erik finds out you're bangin' her behind closed doors he'll likely build a whole new dungeon just to accommodate you, and only you, while you're being "punished".

And then light the dungeon on fire, because we know all dungeons are highly flammable.  :P
The dungeon would be perpetually aflame. He would rebuild hell, just for the lucky guy who caught his sister's eye.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: August 28, 2011, 05:12:12 pm »

Really, you have worse fates coming if Taric dies. (Yes, this IS related...)
This would be interesting, especially if Kara began to use her position to manipulate her various would-be lovers to complete her plans behind her brother's back. Could you imagine that power struggle?

But yes; if Erik finds out you're bangin' her behind closed doors he'll likely build a whole new dungeon just to accommodate you, and only you, while you're being "punished".

And then light the dungeon on fire, because we know all dungeons are highly flammable.  :P
The dungeon would be perpetually aflame. He would rebuild hell, just for the lucky guy who caught his sister's eye.
It is still worth it.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: August 28, 2011, 05:12:34 pm »

Oh dear, I think this means she'll give her lovers fairly impossible tasks then :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: August 28, 2011, 05:14:26 pm »

I have an urge to change Lightningblades order to kill on sight, Taric.
And gods yes i could imagine that power struggle...that would rip Kain apart, it would. Or the duengoen would...

Erik would really arrest Kain, his Minister of Internal Affairs. Who (would eventually) owns the only castle in Elberth, who controls the only functioning iron mine in Elberth, who has several PC opertives, a number of allies and enough cunning and brutality to do alot of bad things. Really?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: August 28, 2011, 05:17:00 pm »

I have an urge to change Lightningblades order to kill on sight, Taric.
And gods yes i could imagine that power struggle...that would rip Kain apart, it would. Or the duengoen would...

Erik would really arrest Kain, his Minister of Internal Affairs. Who (would eventually) owns the only castle in Elberth, who controls the only functioning iron mine in Elberth, who has several PC opertives, a number of allies and enough cunning and brutality to do alot of bad things. Really?

That doesn't change the fact of what you are doing.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: August 28, 2011, 05:21:51 pm »

Apologies to Shootandrun - I could not resist setting that up.  Still gave you a chance to stop it from coming to a fight, though.

Edit:  Wait, is Taric coming back... as Kara?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:24:01 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: August 28, 2011, 05:24:01 pm »

Does Lightningblade look Mirish?

EDIT: Yes, cookie for Iituem for figuring it out :P

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: August 28, 2011, 05:28:47 pm »

What if you survive this castle thing?

EDIT:Well fil, looks like we are going to have  race.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:30:24 pm by vagel7 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: August 28, 2011, 05:30:06 pm »

Everyone in the Mirish Coast looks Mirish, even Elbrethans.  You're all from the same ethnic/cultural group.  He does have a sword, though.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: August 28, 2011, 05:30:58 pm »

He asked me for permission to do so in a PM. I'm still mulling it over, as I like the idea of Kara as an NPC that people can battle over the affections of should they so chose (while avoiding Erik, of course), but I'll probably allow it. Not set in stone though.

E: And damn, Iituem beat me again. I was going to have Ludwig interrupting a trade deal between two low quality lumber merchants (fishy, that) that would later turn out to be a deal between two slave smugglers.
I'm laughing so hard at Lightningblade's misfortune right now that I'm in tears though. That's hilarious.

Also: There is an opening for a Captain of the Sheepstead City Guard. Ideally your personal guard would be the city guard, but you could negotiate it so that Erik would raise a regiment for you. You would be granted tax-rights to the city itself but not the land it is on, provided your loyalty is proven.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 05:34:58 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: August 28, 2011, 05:31:20 pm »

Wait, Wh-Oh dear...

Any slight cultural differences?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: August 28, 2011, 05:31:37 pm »

heh, Taric is attacking the guy sent to rescue him.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: August 28, 2011, 05:33:23 pm »

Damnit! Don't kill lightningblade.

Oh and please for the love of all that is holy have don't taricus play as kara...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: August 28, 2011, 05:34:50 pm »

Filiusenox, I think your reaction gave eveyone a reason for me to :P

EDIT: About Kara, not Lightning Blade

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: August 28, 2011, 05:45:56 pm »

I love it how everybody is just running into each other right now.

Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 634