Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289158 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1545 on: August 22, 2011, 10:37:03 am »

Ah well, better you than me. :P Also, did Aulon tell Trubaldsome he was going to Elbreth to meet with the King? Or did he just wander off? I can't remember...

Well, I presume he let Trubaldsome know eventually. I hope. >_>
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:17 am »

Is Iiteum doing his play today or tomorrow? Guess he'll be back soon  :D *pause* and taking breaks

Don't push your luck; extra work related things came up and I'll be too busy all this week to do much with the game.  Deadlines.

What amuses me is that from a neutral standpoint, Trubaldsome could actually have survived this if he had sent the letter himself and had taken care to delineate the order of events clearly enough.  The massacre of the crown troops, after all, was more or less a direct response to Taric's order to arrest him on false charges of treason - forcing him to commit actual treason or be killed.  The massacre might not even have happened had not Taric just gone genocidal - which puts Erik in the wrong believing the Mirish got what they deserved.  Again from a strictly neutral viewpoint, the Royal Infantry got what they deserved for following that sort of order.  Not that Trubaldsome is innocent by any means, but in this case he is actually in a rare case of being right.

This irony is what I find funny - Trubaldsome is finally going to get killed for something that wasn't his direct fault.  Which will be a fitting end for what was otherwise a Karma Houdini.

Unless, of course, he can wangle his way out of this yet.  When I do have time for a post, Elbreth and Miring are going to get an event to stir things up.

Also, I thought production just gave a -2 cost reduction to resources, not -3?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 22, 2011, 10:49:00 am »

According to the little mini-tutorial thing you gave me (With Port alpha and stuff) it gives -3.
Sec, I'll get a link to the post...

Spoiler: The Post (click to show/hide)
It's in 1b. I didn't bother to double-check it because it made sense for a need for advanced production/consumption in a region to cancel out when combined with the resources actually being native so I figured that was just how it was.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:52:38 am by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:05 am »

Whoops.  Yeah, that one's my mistake.  Should have been -2.  >_<

It was originally -3 but I thought that would be too unbalanced.  I don't know, what do you reckon?  We can take it down to -3 if that would work better.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 22, 2011, 11:17:31 am »

Hey Iituem, where did my men drop of the handless Ztaharian?
And may if buy two tons of copper if its for a building project?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: August 22, 2011, 11:26:59 am »

Well, the -3 lends itself well to keeping the prices at their base. Which I suppose is a tiny bit realistic?

On the other hand, having it be -2 allows for people to still maybe make a profit when selling to regions where the good is produced natively. Which doesn't make much sense.

Honestly, I don't really know. This sort of thing is not my strong-point.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: August 22, 2011, 12:40:00 pm »

Well, the -3 lends itself well to keeping the prices at their base. Which I suppose is a tiny bit realistic?

On the other hand, having it be -2 allows for people to still maybe make a profit when selling to regions where the good is produced natively. Which doesn't make much sense.

Honestly, I don't really know. This sort of thing is not my strong-point.

Eh, CG is the self-proclaimed economics master here, so he'll probably have a good idea.  Balance-wise, I actually put it up to -2 because I was afraid of people making too much profit.  When I get some time I'll take the numbers for the resource prices, run the math and figure out how much profit people are making proportionally per unit of goods , assuming all goes well and they always get a 5 increment return.  I should point out I actually did this math already and grain makes a return of 130% per trip after ship hire costs, whilst gold makes a rather pitiful 42% return (but has a much higher value to return on).  What I really need to calculate is what average percentage to make piracy or storms cause goods loss during transit - losing 1 unit of grain might not hurt much if you have a few ships running, but losing 1 unit of gold seriously will.

He was dropped off at the edge of Lonemine.  You can buy copper, yes.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: August 22, 2011, 12:53:38 pm »

Not an economics master, just able to see patterns and abuse the math

Given my wine purchase, fail roll on haggle combined with the production in that area keeps it at base. As thatkid said, for something like that it makes sense.

The flax roll bothers me though, without a production business -in- the province to use the resource, i really dont see how the modifier comes into play unless you're also balancing this with a -2 where there is a business to process it. Otherwise there's no way to come out ahead without a 1 on the haggle roll.

I dunno, i'm with iituem, maybe crunching the numbers a little will help smooth this out. If cheap goods are running too high, maybe cut the inc to .2 instead of .3?
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: August 22, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »

Ghazkull,
Sir Joseph is unavailable for the meeting with Corv as he's currently being apprehended by McKinley forces.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: August 22, 2011, 01:55:13 pm »

did i read something wrong?
 ???

*realizes that the post of elfeater was towards the patrol not towards the Jarl....*

ok darn it....editing

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:24 pm »

No worries. I didn't realize that "Jarl" was a term that the Manskinner brought with him to the Weylands. Will have to change the way the McKinley's refer to their leader from here on out :P

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:07 pm »

Is it legal by game rules to have an in char conversation via pm in order to keep the contents secret?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:08:16 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: August 22, 2011, 02:06:41 pm »

Is it legal by game rules to have a conversation via pm in order to keep the contents secret?
Using info from other people's posts is metagaming I believe and the GM has to know what is going on.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: August 22, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

I think the only incident we've seen of people using PMs for IC actions has been for Trubaldsome dealing with his "disease", and in that case it's almost entirely RP and has no real game mechanic effect...I think. Maybe all his posts were made public during that and I just missed something?

In any case, I'm going to say no. It isn't.
But if you're really set on doing it I guess you can PM Iituem, and if you get the Ok from him I guess it's OK? Though I'd still like if it you kept myself and Iituem, as well as the other GMs, listed in the "Send to" thing so we all know what's going on.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:28 pm »

i actually figured it that Corv tried to establish a complete new social order in the Weylands. The landseti,Hersir and other stuff wasn't there before. I envisioned it that he treid to turn the Social Order of the Highlands into  something of a mix between roman and norse Culture...although that hasnt really shown up to now...i need to end these wars and establish proper cities and trade routes....wel that will happen after the pacifying of the Weylands... :P
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 634