Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289234 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1335 on: August 21, 2011, 01:59:35 am »

Well, gonna finally post in a bit.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 21, 2011, 02:13:21 am »

It appears that you do not fully understand the situation. You are NOT an all powerful and feared merchant guild, you are just a humble merchant with just a single caravan to his name who knows noone of real power. We are the leaders if a nation, and this is OUR land. Do not threaten us with something you dont have yet.

Plus, I highly dout that other merchants will just let you take all the business and control all the trade of a nation. Oh how I dout that. Someone will likely take steps to take power from you, and what's more, if you actually do something as stupid as restrict all trade or even take aggressive action, that's an act of war. And I am sure that we have a bigger army than you ever will.

So don't get so ahead of yourself, you have a LONG way to go to get to that level.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 21, 2011, 02:24:47 am »

You, Are no such leader Zako. You are a hired spy at the moment.

And..Hes putting forth ideas, creating potential. Hes got a charter set up. Hes significantly closer to power than you are. Just saying.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 21, 2011, 02:38:42 am »

I never said I was. Just putting his situation into light is all. If he wants to work with us, that's great.

And have you thought that just because I haven't said what my characters goals are, doesn't mean that he doesn't have them. Plus, I have a direct line to the king and his assistance. I would call that pretty powerful, having a king on your side most of the time. I won't presume he will do anything rash, but it is still nice to have in the back of my mind.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 21, 2011, 02:55:22 am »

Oh I'm sure you have goals, And I know his. And he's closer to his. Considering. And, has a fairly good line on the nobility of Elbreth, as he just helped me (Much as his crew may hate 'that d'Avistral' guy.)

Obviously, he wants a merchant empire seperate from other empires. And if we try to pillage him with taxes, he will take his business elsewhere and we'll suffer. So lets all play amicably!

..Heh. Oh Trubaldsome. *shakes head* Well, Onwards with my dire plot. Or what have you.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 21, 2011, 05:05:49 am »

Who should roll for Terenos'/Aulon's or his messengers race to Sheepstead? Knave?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20:37 am »

Oh your messengers can arrive first if you'd like. Either way... I'm sure I'll do just fine.
But a roll might be more fair.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 21, 2011, 05:37:48 am »

I'm sure you do, and Aulon will be powerless to stop them. I hope King Erik will atleast keep an eye on you from now on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 21, 2011, 10:47:15 am »

Wow, this place is deeeeeeead today.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 21, 2011, 10:52:04 am »

Wow, this place is deeeeeeead today.
sometimes it's nice to come back to a game after a day and not have 15 pages to catch up on :)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 21, 2011, 10:52:46 am »

Well, I can't really do anything until a GM rolls for me/my letters. So.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 21, 2011, 10:54:57 am »

Well, I can't really do anything until a GM rolls for me/my letters. So.
Same for me except I need a GM to roll for me taming ferocious war bears instead  8) So much more awesome.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 21, 2011, 11:01:00 am »

hoooly fucking...crap thats 60 pages of ooc and at least 20 of ic...i hate you guys....*starts reading*

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 21, 2011, 12:17:53 pm »

I need Eric/Thatkid to respond to the asking for a meeting and if i am annoying him with the shadowing. By the way, if meng actually does tame those bears, and goes back to Kain and Kain finds out- he has ways - Meng isn't going to live long. Escepailly if they are used against his army.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 21, 2011, 12:34:27 pm »

Thats what happens when you disappear for a few days Ghaz

Zako: While you can 'remind me of my place' all you want, the truth of the matter is in everything Terenos said. While the rest of you need to tread carefully around your various kings - i can come and go with business as i please. YOU are not a leader, yet. As I am not a large trading guild, yet. BUT currently, as a pirate posing as a merchant, i hold no real allegiance to any king. I'm not required to. The neutrality of merchants has always been their greatest assets. They were often the backbone or driving force to treaties and other peaceful solutions. If Kingdom A has the only easy sources of HQ lumber, they'll happily trade with Kingdom B who has the only metals suitablbe for war. A war breaking out between them would be rare.

Your taxes, if excessive, will work against you. After miring is taken care of, 2 ports and a land market will be under the control of Erik. Even if the taxes aren't directly going to him and go to the various dukes for the 2 ports (which im sure erik will want 10% of the taxes as well) if they exceeded an 'acceptable' rate without cause (wars, embargo, etc) I could easily just stick to Vasir and Suul. Empirial favor is something merchants would enjoy as well - Besides, i never said i -wouldn't- be using the Guild dues to gain that favor either. 'Special relationships' with port authority is helpful for unloading contraband, but empirial favor is nice when said leader needs an army moved without questions being asked.

I'm not unaware of my current position, but given that i'll have the first of (potentially many) Trade Guilds built by season's end even without Ardas' assistance. By the end of the year I plan to have built a second one as well. My goals are simply a matter of time and money - not political power and favor. As i said, while all of you jockey with your kings. I'll be puttering around the gulf facilitating trade, paying my taxes and thus supporting -your- armies.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 634