Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289203 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1305 on: August 20, 2011, 04:34:28 pm »

It's good, though the left arm is indeed a bit weird.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 20, 2011, 05:00:23 pm »

Stop hopping around the coast there Ardas and i could find you!
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 20, 2011, 05:06:10 pm »

Again, we really don't know we exist to each other. But i might bump into you or something while roaming Mirish Coast.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 20, 2011, 05:09:09 pm »

Tonight feels a bit empty, probably cause it is the weekend.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 20, 2011, 05:12:47 pm »

Empty because its Iituem's Day Off. Most of the time we were figuring out GM stuff.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 20, 2011, 05:19:54 pm »

Empty because its Iituem's Day Off. Most of the time we were figuring out GM stuff.
Yup, I was kinda hoping there would be updates from the other GM's though.

EDIT: Okies of to bed, here we are so far, bonus points to whoever can tell which painter I stole Taric's pose from (clue: cross & elephants)

Spoiler: Fan Art Progression (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:32:19 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 20, 2011, 06:39:27 pm »

When i get off work i plan to update the wiki a bit. Especially if SOMEONE (like Iituem) has a list of resources avail at the current provinces (vasir was already posted i beleive)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 20, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »

Cyber, look up wiki. People who create and describe provinces also add resources and economies for each place. use your head a little and create a spreadsheet for yourself.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 20, 2011, 06:51:14 pm »

The ones that were already added is what i'm referring to. Iituem had to tweak a lot of the current information for use with the trade system

I'm also looking for the information for the "Clipper" upgrade
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:59:57 pm by CyberGenesis »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 20, 2011, 07:21:47 pm »

Always good to see things like art popping up. =)

Clipper upgrade isn't added to the main list yet, but it's probably going to look like:

Clipper: Increases movement rate of a ship to 10 provinces/season.  Normal rate is 6 provinces/season.
Upgrade Cost:  1d
Upkeep:  +0.5d/yr

I have also added a freely editable set of Merchant Trade Tables for merchant players to adjust.  A second link will be added to the Resources page.

I think I may need to throw in NPC businesses fairly soon, certainly in the NPC states and probably also in the player states.  It doesn't make much sense that there aren't that many businesses existing, so we'll have to stick those in.  I'll roll numbers randomly by province for the NPC states and then do an event for the player states.  I also need to add rules allowing states to get Sales Tax from invisible NPC merchants (read: any ducats of Market Allowance left at the end of a season get taxed by the state at their Sales Tax rate).

Meanwhile, it's about time we introduced this, strongly inspired (read: ruthlessly taken with apologies) from Magna Mundi's espionage missions:

Spoiler: Espionage (click to show/hide)

Alright, out for the night.  I suck at taking a break from things.  Make use of the trade tables, and for the sake of my own sanity record sales tax whenever it's deducted there because otherwise it will be a pain to keep track of.  Technically, sales tax should be deducted when you buy as well as when you sell - the difference is that when you're buying things it's the seller who pays the tax.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 20, 2011, 07:38:15 pm »

On NPC businesses: My assumption would be that if we can buy a resource in an area theres 1 of 3 things present there: Naturally occuring source (livestock, mines, etc), an NPC business supplying them OR a PC business (both of which would offer 'refined' resources if applicable like glass or weapons provided theres a natural source or the 'demand' for something exists)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 20, 2011, 07:41:36 pm »

Is Little away? He has'nt replied to anything.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 20, 2011, 07:45:18 pm »

On NPC businesses: My assumption would be that if we can buy a resource in an area theres 1 of 3 things present there: Naturally occuring source (livestock, mines, etc), an NPC business supplying them OR a PC business (both of which would offer 'refined' resources if applicable like glass or weapons provided theres a natural source or the 'demand' for something exists)

Well, I've previously defined three business types (though I'm not sure I've added them to the rules posts properly); Goods, Market and Service industries, the expansion levels of which are capped by the Industrial Potential, Market Potential and Service Potential limits on the province pages.  Those should get filled out by player businesses, but from the ruler standpoints (if they wanted to tax those as well) it might be an idea to throw some misc npc businesses in there so we don't have towns with apparently no internal industry.

Noted a valid criticism as a counterpoint to this that we have been focused very much on minutiae (the specific term was 'dragged down by', I think), but I actually find that the bitter competition on the small scale can be as important as large-scale events.

Edit:  I think Little may simply not have noticed the figures trying to join Drua on her adventure.  Assume you find her and directly ask to accompany.

Edit 2:  Also, Alujumikia?  That's a mildly absurd amount of detail, but sure.  It's off the map right now, though.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:49:52 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 20, 2011, 07:50:54 pm »

Iituem are you going out or not? Your expanding upon the rules and posting on threads...Really Iituem this isn't much of a vacation or what you people call it. Go have a break. :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:52:56 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 20, 2011, 07:53:17 pm »

So, I was thinking... Apart from taxes and trade, making money legally is quite hard. How about a way to invest money in civilians... For example, let's say my character goes to the market and finds a young, poor merchant. My characters invest .5 ducats (for example) in that merchant's buisness, and every season afterwards a GM makes a roll to know how much merchant's buisness changed, and how much I won. It would go like that:
1: -1 ducat/season
2: -.5 ducat/season
3: no change
4: no change
5: +.5 ducat/season
6: +1 ducat/season

For example, after I gave the merchant my .5 ducat, I get a "3" at the end of the season. Because at the beginning his wealth was .5 ducat (it could have been more if I had paid more) and it did'nt change, I get .5 ducat that season. Next season, I roll a 5, +.5 to his wealth, I get 1 ducat. Next season, I roll a one. The wealth of the merchant hits 0, which means that his buisness failed. To prevent the thing from being OP, I suggest we'd put a 5 wealth per merchant limit and one merchant per town/per player limit (Kain and I can both have a merchant in Lonemine, but I can't have two merchants in Lonemine). It would be a slower way to make money than trading, but also a safer way (if you get past the first season you are nearly sure that you will have your money back).

Thoughts?

PS: English is not my first language, sorry if there's poor grammar/spelling in there.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 634