Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289294 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 19, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »

Can we start posting actions?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

Hoo boy, I'm gonna have to think on what to do now! :o
And also, not even sure if DH is gonna kill Taric or not, yet. Time to plan to the max...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: August 19, 2011, 08:59:05 pm »

Can we start posting actions?

Yeah, but I'm taking a break from the game until Sunday so someone else is going to have to answer them.  I seriously need one, I am way behind on my work because of this stupid game.  *grumble*

Edit:  Which is a serious problem, frankly.  People have unrealistic expectations about the pace at which the game can continue.  Given how long it takes to respond to any set of posts, we all need to slow the **** down before you burn out the GMs.  I'm technically on holiday now, but there is no way in hell I'll be able to continue this rate even next week let alone September.

Edit 2:  In fact, maybe I should step away from this a while longer.  It's been brought to my attention that I really should not have let Aulon make that last minute change from Disciplined to Berserker, since it wasn't entirely fair on Taric (who was more or less blameless in this).  If I've lost sight of my position of neutrality, I shouldn't be getting this involved.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:06:05 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: August 19, 2011, 09:07:24 pm »

That's fine, Iiteum, I'm sure if I tried to run a game I wouldn't be able to update half as regularly (or well) as you do. :)
We can just roleplay and stuff, and also this gives me plenty of time to work out just how the hell I'm going to get my country (-My- country! That's something!) back in shape, not to mention what I'm gonna do about Terenos. :o

So, yeah. Relax and stuff.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: August 19, 2011, 09:10:35 pm »

Really, I think Taric might take a back step to politics after this. Especially since Terenos duped him...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: August 19, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »

Assuming it continues.  I've been giving serious thought all throughout today to just handing this game over to someone else to deal with entirely.  We've reached a new year, most of the rules have moved onto the Wiki.  Someone could start a new thread and work from there, take on the GM role.

I started this to take my mind off some stresses - it's become one, and one I really do not want to deal with right now when I have so much other crap to sort out in my life.  There's a point when you should walk away from something, and that point is when you start to resent even thinking about it.  Kind of at that point now.

So I have to ask - is there anyone who would want to take over GMing this?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:24:56 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: August 19, 2011, 09:23:09 pm »

It can be done, but the influx of new players and the sheer force of the Center Stage happenings forced things to slow down, require more effort and so on. Putting otu a call for new players was ..a mistake, but only because now we can see the sheer force of that.

What is needed (apart from Ghazkull's return) is a lesser GM to handle the little, non central stage, players. The adventurers, the Nahk, so on. Leaving the center stage to Iituem to handle, and Thatkid and Ghazkull to handle the affairs of the country near them (they're not at war, no bias there)

Edit: Also, cmon! War? That is a huge thing. Fights between players? Also huge and take a large amount of time to roll up/write up.
In addition I think slowing things down a bit could help us. Maybe stricter limits to actions per season, to prevent (My gods it is coming up on 2500 goddamn posts.) things happening at a breakneck pace.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:26:59 pm by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: August 19, 2011, 09:27:42 pm »

Thank you, Terenos, for being a voice of reason.  I wrote up a long and angry quitting post before I saw that.

As it happens, I do have a couple of people in mind who I would welcome as assistants - essentially, anyone from the Miring conflict that just happened who ends up being killed.  I know you're all capable players, so if any of your characters did die and you wanted to do a spot of assistant GMing you'd be welcome.  Otherwise, you sort of have to become king for it to work (although I've considered letting Dukes do the rolls within their duchy and subjects as well).

Either way, I'm out until Monday at the very least, and maybe for longer.  I need to dedicate my whole weekend to sorting out the play, so I will not be on the Bay12 boards until then.  This place is far too addictive.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: August 19, 2011, 09:29:51 pm »

I would do it if I ended up a head short, but I wouldn't be able to write up the roll descriptions and such well...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: August 19, 2011, 09:32:49 pm »

Well, all going well (and, surprisingly, it has been) Trubaldsome won't kick the bucket for a while yet- But I am technically King, although that's still fairly nebulous.
If you wanted, I'd be happy to do some rolls for unrelated stuff, although I'm not too sure how good a job I'd do. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: August 19, 2011, 09:34:17 pm »

This game is very addictive...Most of my posts are on this thread...

I would do it...But i have a tendecy to be very grim and dark with my writings, giving no second chances...and getting bored and not updating it for a week.

I could make the rolls for Kyutzain and Shootandrun...I have no bais towards them to tell you the truth...I'd rather see them die horribly and funnily then to actually continue paying them. Or i could roll for some other minor non-important chars.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: August 19, 2011, 09:52:48 pm »

No problem, Iituem. It happened to me.. I burned right out trying to juggle too much, game wise. It took me 3 or 4 years before I came back to GMing. What I said(all of it), was to save you as a GM. And this game cause damnit its fun! And I like playing too.

Players are (usually) vicious piranha..Devouring every scrap of GMing you give them and questing for more. If you can't unplug, walk away and take breaks, eventually you get fed up, and burnt out. The games supposed to be fun for you too. If it gets to where it isn't, yer doin something wrong. Change the structure, change your time investment.. Walking away though..That can keep adding up till it becomes a weight that takes years to get rid of.

This ain't yer job So don't treat it like it is. This is for fun. Treat it like that.
I really do think things should slow down, Actions/Season wise. -Some- people* are really going to town on their actions.

*You know who you are.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: August 19, 2011, 09:59:00 pm »

Am I in that Group?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:04:01 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:49 pm »

Iituem, you know both Terenos and I are on your side for breaks. We've both been 'round the GM block a few times. I've been slacking in our current game myself mostly due to time constraints - leaving most of it on Terenos. Thank god we're nearly done so we can get to dissecting the game itself for improvement.

If you need a break, never fear. We won't hate you. If required i'm sure one of us would pick up the game just to keep it alive till you returned.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: August 19, 2011, 10:18:55 pm »

I could also help if you guys are feeling pressed to do the turns, adn stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 634