Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289395 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #1095 on: August 19, 2011, 03:37:34 pm »

Even from an RP perspective, My position is unassailable.

Or did you forget who was in charge of Miring's defense, if only briefly? If a path from A(The port) to B(The castle) Still goes up against the fullc astle defense bonus, then I have no reason to chance it. Not when an assured victory awaits me if I wait.
So yeah.. No reason to start anything. Be disappointed, I am a little. I thought it would make for a great battle if they were at one side massacring Taricus, while I was sneaking into the castle from behind to cut them down.

Rrgh.  Without making any promises, under what conditions would you make your attack?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »

So, Terenos, who was only briefly in Miring and definitely not checking out the walls, gets an advantage, but Trubaldsome's men, who are either trained Mirish troops or Mirish locals (plus Aulon's men), don't know the layout of the castle?

And sorry, but Terenos' character is exactly the sort of person who does risky things all the time. I mean, come on, you can't have already forgotten his early-game escapades?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: August 19, 2011, 03:40:36 pm »

Wait...you can still do that.

Manning's Crew is ambush-capable. Have them attempt to split the opposing forces with an ambush. If they succeed, they can fight through and attempt to lower the bridge. Maybe...adding to your scaling the walls roll if they succeed?
It's worth asking Iituem if it can be done, anyways.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:05 pm »

Lets break this down.
We're both practically guaranteed to lose some regiments. So hes giving us a chance to retreat with some of what we've got, Or go all in.

-personally- I'd like a break point between the naval battle, and our actual assault so we can -see- that hes upgrading his troops, and hang back.
But since we cant change our attack.
I'm all in. His forces aren't defending the docks. Based on what he says, every damn one of them is on the walls. Knife. Hot butter. I'll kill him and end this. If hes not at the docks, Automatic flank, potential for split forces. Yeah, thats right. Do I potentially die to this? Sure. Do I die to gaming the game? Yeah.

So under the circumstances you described above, you would attack?
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: August 19, 2011, 03:41:28 pm »

The king just got himself an assassin mage.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: August 19, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

Lets..Just move along. This argument only creates bad feelings all around. There were assumptions made by both sides. A little more clarity could be used in defensive layout knowledge...Its just easier to move forward and learn from this. Knowing that the docks do not confer the advantage I thought they would, means the risk is too high. Not to my troops, they're expendable, but to myself.

You're right, Digital Hellhound, a casual observer on his path from the castle to the port wouldn't notice solid defenses. I might be a little fuzzy... Even more reason not to risk a full assault.
And how many Mirish locals you reckon ever go into the castle? These are peasants and nobles who were put in place after I massacred the court.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 19, 2011, 03:48:40 pm »

By all rights, I should just force this attack.  I'm too nice, so I'm not going to.  I am going to give Trubaldsome/Aulon a slight bonus because of the last minute OOC tactics changes and because I am feeling very angry right now.  They also have a chance to change their actions, since that's what you're doing.

Do not pull this shit again with me, any of you, or I will Wrath of the Gods on that player and everybody on his side.

Edit:  Little bit calmer now.  Still going to give Aulon/Trubaldsome a chance to rewrite their actions before I make the post, since you'll be doing that as well.  Now I'm going to take 15 minutes and get a drink and when I come back I'll sort out the post and then start work on the New Year post after it.

Edit 2:  I've already done the naval battle, I wrote it before this whole debacle started up.  Since that was still part of Terenos' intent, it holds.

Edit 3:  Apologies to Terenos & Taric for the outburst.  You're both good players and it's always been a lot of fun playing with you.  I had scenarios pre-written in basic form for all three outcomes of the battle (Victory, Defeat, Stalemate) and it annoyed me having to change it, so I kind of lost my temper back there.  We all good?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:01:05 pm by Iituem »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 19, 2011, 04:02:00 pm »

Yeah, we're good. You'll still likely get to use those after all, Nothings over yet. All this changes is that hes still under siege. And his navy is gone.
He could decide to attack us and bust out.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 19, 2011, 04:02:29 pm »

I've retconned the upgrades from earlier. And posted.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:04:05 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 19, 2011, 04:04:18 pm »

Yeah, we're cool. Still I know what a couple of replacement characters could be ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 19, 2011, 04:06:50 pm »

Spoiler: Digital's post (click to show/hide)
I love you  :-* back to my artwork!

P.S: what does your guy look like? Troubldasome looks sorta like this guy http://freethoughtalmanac.com/?p=1064, Terenos like some rougish lord with hair slicked back and taric I've not got to yet
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 04:10:07 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 19, 2011, 04:10:54 pm »

A richer version of Trubaldsome with more Middle Eastern features should be good.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 19, 2011, 04:13:25 pm »

I'd think it may be more italian, if only due to the storm coast's culture...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 19, 2011, 04:14:46 pm »

For some reason I've always imagined Terenos as wearing a red floppy hat and red greatcoat, and maybe having long brown hair tied into a ponytail.  That reason is probably because I got influenced by Terenos' old avatar picture.

Don't forget Trubaldsome's signature green hat with feather!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 19, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »

Well that is what my character looked like in his last iteration. Giant red floppy hat, so on..yeah..Those were the days.. *wistful memory*

See, you get your ridiculous battle anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 634