Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: the microcline game.  (Read 1751 times)

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
the microcline game.
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:06:24 pm »

a simple game to liven up your playing experience. the rules are similar to the comic sans game- where if you see the font comic sans, you yell comic sans.
instead of fonts, you do it with useless rock types such as microcline, orthoclase, galena, etc.
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

Cpt.tazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: the microcline game.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:19:18 pm »

im sorry but what? do i have to sneak one of them into a sentence or something and try not to be caught out?
Got a pterodactyl with a knobby turtle shell composed entirely of vomit in my caverns. Apparently it moves deliberately. It's teamed up with a giant steam shrimp.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where you aren't hallucinating.

BornInATrailer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:20:11 pm »

You mean like actually yell it out?  If I start yelling out "Diorite!" and what not randomly while using the laptop, my mental-health-professional-wife will have me hauled away in a rubber truck.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 03:20:48 pm »

what?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:21:07 pm »

How about take-a-drink everytime you strike Microcline take a drink.
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 03:52:05 pm »

How about take-a-drink everytime you strike Microcline take a drink.

It seems to be much rarer now. Strangely, I never struck any microcline in v31... soooo thirsty :-[

And what's that about galena? You know that stuff has a good chance of giving you silver which is awesome? My latest embark has 20890 tiles of it in a shallow 3x3... what's not to like about paving a map with silver and building a castle from lead?
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 05:09:23 pm »

a simple game to liven up your playing experience. the rules are similar to the comic sans game- where if you see the font comic sans, you yell comic sans.
instead of fonts, you do it with useless rock types such as microcline, orthoclase, galena, etc.

Hahahaha, that is a good one. Galena... useless... good stuff.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 05:24:26 pm »

The silver is nice but not great and the lead is a bloody nuisance.

Never actually thought there was a "comic sans game" even though I have seen people elsewhere react to comic sans with an image of ol' cap'n Kirk yelling "comic saaaans" which was barely funny the first time.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 05:27:02 pm »

I love microcline and orthoclase. I don't see what the problem is.

geail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

Microcline, what I use to avoid looking at troll blood.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 07:07:04 pm »

Yeah i dont see anywhere near as much of the stuff as i used to.

As for a drinking game you could build a series of walls and take a drink every time a retarded dwarf walls himself in.
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 07:13:44 pm »

As for a drinking game you could build a series of walls and take a drink every time a retarded dwarf walls himself in.

there isn't enough alcohol in the world for that.
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 10:28:20 pm »

My family (completely ignorant of geological terms) will probably think I'm practicing magic or something.

milaga

• Bay Watcher
  • No Job
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 11:56:22 pm »

Funny you should mention microcline. Recently I started using the Mayday pack, which has changed the color from cyan to cerulean. I actually started to like the stuff, and in my most recent embark I decided to build my above ground castle out of it. Unfortunately, I ran out before I could complete the second story of my walls. Unwilling to use another stone, I sent my miners digging to find more. Alas, during a party (at a microcline statue) goblin archer archer ambushers lobbed arrows over the wall, killing my doc, mason and another dwarf. Two wounded dwarves later died from infection. You can probably guess what happened next.

Next time, I am making the castle out of marble.
Thanks for that...  now I have the image of Urist McBooger walking up to me with a creepy smile and asking me if I want a "dwarven shower".

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 02:49:33 am »

nobody noticed that i used comic sans for my first post?
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.
Pages: [1] 2