Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caravans and trading  (Read 381 times)

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caravans and trading
« on: October 30, 2006, 04:57:00 pm »

This is all under the newest release on an old fortress.

I'm playing on a reclaimed fortress that I've had for quite a bit of time.  I haven't dug past the river in any significant way (no stockpiles, buildings, etc).  My population is 136 as it stands right now.

Blah, enough background on the fortress.  Here's the problem:  My first human caravan decided to stop by, and as soon as the wagons stepped on the map, my little dwarves started raiding them of all the leather they have.  They're leaving the bins alone though, just emptying them of the contents.  I haven't seen them take the drink from the mules or wagons, just the contents of the bins. If they were heading to the trade depot to give these guys a hand it would be nice, but they're just putting it all on my stockpiles and now I have a debt of who knows how much cash.  I'm gonna throw a few thousands at this caravan if there's anything left for them to sell.

Skyrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caravans and trading
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 03:21:00 am »

Heh, I haven't had that problem. The only problem is posted in a seperate thread that I made yesterday - where dwarves carry bins to the depot with the items that I wanna trade only to have those bins emptied of all content and carried back again once they're at the depot.

Pretty much makes trading near-impossible.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Caravans and trading
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 04:08:00 am »

I suppose they're related somehow.  It seems that something is slipping by the containment permissions that usually stop these things.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!